The 2" V-bar- A Better Event?

Bob Lipinski

We adopted the approach you mention this year. The competitors strode to the platform, pulled once, and if they missed they had to wait until their next turn to try again. This is how we will continue to do it, I think. I don't think I even knew that the European contests were contesting the v-bar that way. I like it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madss

• RKlein

• David Horne

• Bob Lipinski

not being able to drop in weight is a no brainer for record purposes. i have no problem with one attempt only either(meaning no 30 or 1 min. attempts). rising bar or rounds system should not matter. whatever you decide on i think it needs to be in writing for everyone to see so there is no confussion.

No doubt that a larger hand will pull more on the axle, but if there are hand size divisions this will not be a factor. If there are no hand size divisions then the best large hands will always beat the best small hands. Are there any other strength sports where the lightweights compete against the heavyweights?

I have never torn skin on the Vbar despite pulling some good numbers- I treat the Vbar like a hot potato, contact time must be minimized. I don't pull the bar any higher than needed and I don't fight it when it begins to slip. I believe that once upward momentum has ceased it doesn't matter what you do, any attempts to counter by squeezing harder result in peeled skin and blood.