Uk Champion Of Steel Contest

David Horne

Stew,

It was great to meet you. To win 2 events at your first grip/bending comp is very impressive. So definitely worthy of a mention here.

Keep up the work, amd if you need any help just contact me. Look forward to see the pics.

Mark,

As I guessed it would be a great battle between you and Dave. Honest it was great entertainment. I knew you would be sore today, Elizabeth is too, but Alex is not too bad - youth!

Take care,

David

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• wscorpion

• jimwylie1

• Cunny

No problem Stew you will destgroy it soon.

Really good comp for you,it was my first comp too but I could see that you and Wayne did'nt have a clue on the technique so your results are even more impressive ,can't wait to see what you do when you get your technique down,Great to meet Mark very impressed to see someone travelling so far for our sport can't wait too see any vids or photo's.

My hands ar sore too my last couple of events I had a massive blister on my left hand.In fact whole body is sore with plenty of bruises on my chest

I totally took the wrong option (lazy option) of trying too get some heat in the bar during the braced snapping and then allowing it to coolbrittle and then trying to snap it I should have just gone all out on that one to try and get some points.

It snapped with 3more bends after the 10 minutes when it had cooled down

It was a tough contest, but as I've said great to watch, and the excitement of who was going to be top 3 was there right to the final piece of steel being snapped!

I knew most would of you would be sore for a few days after that exertion, and I congratulate you all for your superb performances!

David

Good stuff Mark :). Must have been a lot of work editing that lot - well done!

Yes it was, glad I had another day off today since it took nearly 10 hours to convert, edit and upload those vids. But I had to hurry since now the memory is still fresh and there were quite some people waiting for it ;)

Have fun watching!

Brilliant stuff Mark!

Well done,

David

Thanks! And thank you for providing all the info on the rounds so quickly!

Mark, that is awesome that you uploaded all those videos! I'm going to pore through them. I'll see you guys in 4 years.

Lol :P

Have fun watching, it's just a shame that the quality on youtube is that bad, the original videos are dvd-quality, but there's not much left of it :(

Yes Mark, I know the feeling well. Input DVD Quality and for some reason the quality suffers. Anyway, Great Contest :rock!!!!! Congrats everybody, especially those that had enough Courage to attend that are new to the Sport :rock !!!!! Salute!!!!