Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• bencrush

• gazza

• Alawadhi

Very nice bend Walter.

You've got a decent form there.

Sometimes your moves look like the ones of a magician. :D

Easy work of that 5" grd 8 bolt Gator!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations, Kel! You're the number ten short bender now! You have some kind of knack for the really short steel. A 4.5" grade 8 is nuts!!!

There's another guy coming down the pipes that I think alot of guys don't see because he's pretty laid back and quiet about it. I got together with Dave Thorton this weekend I watched him bend a magnificent bastard it wasn't the first one he had done and he had one in his bag cut to 4 3/4 to about 45deg so not far to go.I know he wouldn't say anything about it so I did sorry Dave couldn't keep it in that was a heck of a bend way to go Dave.

If Dave was any more laid back - he'd be asleep - come to think of it - that's the only way I'll ever beat him. Also the nicest guy in grip - period! And now he can bend - darn - the only weak spot he had is now gone!

There's another guy coming down the pipes that I think alot of guys don't see because he's pretty laid back and quiet about it. I got together with Dave Thorton this weekend I watched him bend a magnificent bastard it wasn't the first one he had done and he had one in his bag cut to 4 3/4 to about 45deg so not far to go.I know he wouldn't say anything about it so I did sorry Dave couldn't keep it in that was a heck of a bend way to go Dave.

Did dave complete the bend in accordance with FBBC rules? If so, what was the actual date of the bend? Thanks.

Thanks Stew.

Eric, it was Saturday, 2-4-07. We didn't have any sealed stock, so I didn't worry about taping it.

The 4 1/2 was a bear. Not sure if my hands are too big, or I just need to get stronger.

Thanks Stew.

Eric, it was Saturday, 2-4-07. We didn't have any sealed stock, so I didn't worry about taping it.

The 4 1/2 was a bear. Not sure if my hands are too big, or I just need to get stronger.

Excellent bending, Dave! Your hands are on the big side...

Thanks Stew.

Did you bend a 4.5", as well? If so, was it under 5 minutes? And was the 5 incher completed within 5 minutes?

Whats the shortest G5 I can bend to get on this list? Or a G5 won't be even considered? lol

Whats the shortest G5 I can bend to get on this list? Or a G5 won't be even considered? lol

A 4.5" or 4" would do it.

- Aaron

I want to be on this list in a month. Doable I think, I have done the grade 5, 5" a long time ago.

Congratulations, Dave Thornton, on securing the 10th position!

You're a man of many talents, bending Magnificent Bastards with ease being just one of them.

Congratulations, Dave Thornton, on securing the 10th position!

You're a man of many talents, bending Magnificent Bastards with ease being just one of them.

Way to go Dave :mosher

Congratulations Dave you are a strength athlete of many talents.

Thanks Stew.

Way to go Dave ! Heck you get any stronger and you'll have to register yourself as a dangerous weapon :D .

Thanks guys.

Honestly, a lot of it is learning how to bend. Either that, or Dave Morton's old bending wraps.

Eric,

I want to be on this list

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5331

Soon!

Well I hope :upsidedwn

That is an INCREDIBLE bend, David!!! :blink Reverse? WOW! I am amazed at that short of a Grade 5 and Reverse. They're hard to finish off DO when you START DO. Must be way harder to switch to DO and it cools a bit.

Eric,

I want to be on this list

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?automod...si&img=5331

Soon!

Well I hope :upsidedwn

David, obviously with a healed shoulder this bend will soon prove a cakewalk for you. When you feel up to it, try experimenting with different angles of force application as well as finger and hand positioning. Even the final crushdown phase is very technique dependant. One of my best training aids has been doing just that - fighting a piece of steel that just wouldn't move, until finally, with some technique adjustments, it gave way.

But again, that's just an incredible reverse bend!

Some guy by the name of David Horne just popped up on the list. With a 4.5" grade 5, done reverse style, no less, David claims the 14th spot!