Gripper Larger Than A Beefbulder Grand Galaxy...

MVillani1985

Most likely it would just break.

Hey timmy, I can jump up and down on my #4 and the handles still won't touch, so you'd have to be huge to get a galaxy closed!

I don't think it would break, but I do agree that it probably won't be closed. Sure, the WT can be closed, but I don't think the two handles on a WT are ever gonna meet each other unless done by a machine.

What I don't understand is why would somebody even want a gripper like Galaxy or WT? Those can't be closed by human hands, it's just that simple. Of the existing grippers BB World Class might be within reach for some extraordinary guy, but it will take time until that thing is closed.

Grippers above the BBWC are just "chest crushers" for 99.999999% of all people to help with bending steel.

as for this ''constellation'', there are about a bazillion constellations within a galaxy.... so shouldn't the next one be the universe or something, assuming he's staying with the astrology theme for the name...?

A constellation can be comprised of stars and galaxies, it's just a picture in the sky with the stars and galaxies as "dots", so a constellation would be above a galaxy. Plus I would love to have a gripper called a Constellation that's guaranteed that a human hand will never close it. With the kinda spring I want, .427 or similar, the only thing that could close it guaranteed would be a hydraulic machine, it would make the BBGG look like a child's toy by comparison. A gripper called a Universe would have handles that are the same length, but thicker than normal, about 1" thick, and a spring size around .75 or close to it. I've heard about other grippers out there called "Celestial" "Universe" "Supercluster", but the one I've heard mentioned most that isn't widely distributed is the Constellation, which leads me to believe that it is a real gripper that you can only get from Warren Tetting himself that's harder than the BeefBuilder Grand Galaxy or even the Robert Baraban's World's Toughest Gripper.

Edited by MVillani1985

as for this ''constellation'', there are about a bazillion constellations within a galaxy.... so shouldn't the next one be the universe or something, assuming he's staying with the astrology theme for the name...?

A constellation can be comprised of stars and galaxies, it's just a picture in the sky with the stars and galaxies as "dots", so a constellation would be above a galaxy. Plus I would love to have a gripper called a Constellation that's guaranteed that a human hand will never close it. With the kinda spring I want, .427 or similar, the only thing that could close it guaranteed would be a hydraulic machine, it would make the BBGG look like a child's toy by comparison. A gripper called a Universe would have handles that are the same length, but thicker than normal, about 1" thick, and a spring size around .75 or close to it. I've heard about other grippers out there called "Celestial" "Universe" "Supercluster", but the one I've heard mentioned most that isn't widely distributed is the Constellation, which leads me to believe that it is a real gripper that you can only get from Warren Tetting himself that's harder than the BeefBuilder Grand Galaxy or even the Robert Baraban's World's Toughest Gripper.

You may as well get a gripper called " BB Semi-Pro" that sits between a #4 and a Pro.

What I don't understand is why would somebody even want a gripper like Galaxy or WT? Those can't be closed by human hands, it's just that simple. Of the existing grippers BB World Class might be within reach for some extraordinary guy, but it will take time until that thing is closed.

I agree. And I should get my head examined for even reading this thread.

Hbgzr

You may as well get a gripper called " BB Semi-Pro" that sits between a #4 and a Pro.

Does one exist?

Hi all.

For what it is worth, I just gave Mr Tetting a call yesterday and inquired about this gripper and he told me he indeed had a gripper with a spring diameter of 7/16" which translates into .438" dia.

He said this was called the Super Galaxy and I could have one for 40 bucks + S&H. They are also available thru WWH.

Jamie

Hi all.

For what it is worth, I just gave Mr Tetting a call yesterday and inquired about this gripper and he told me he indeed had a gripper with a spring diameter of 7/16" which translates into .438" dia.

He said this was called the Super Galaxy and I could have one for 40 bucks + S&H. They are also available thru WWH.

Jamie

Sweet! BB grippers rock! :rock