Gripper Larger Than A Beefbulder Grand Galaxy...

MVillani1985

I'm thinking of giving Warren a call sometime this month to see if this is true. I've heard that he makes a gripper with a spring much larger than a Grand Galaxy. The gripper is called the Constellation or something like that. Is there any truth to this as far as anyone knows? If not, do you think Warren would custom make me a giant gripper called a Constellation?

I'm not sure if this gripper is called "constellation", but Warren told me about a gripper with a springsize of 1/2 inch. This is the biggest gripper he has built.

I'm not sure if this gripper is called "constellation", but Warren told me about a gripper with a springsize of 1/2 inch. This is the biggest gripper he has built.

WOW! Can you actually buy one? I've heard rumors floating around the internet of a Tetting gripper called a Constellation, so that might be it there. I'd say it's safe to say that the .5 springsize gripper would be uncloseable, and no man will ever close it, 0% chance, and I'm one of the crazy ones who say that a .375 gripper can be closed. I think the toughest gripper that stands any chance of being closed by a man ever would be the RB WT Gripper, anything higher than that just ain't gonna happen.

Edited by MVillani1985

WOW! Can you actually buy one? I've heard rumors floating around the internet of a Tetting gripper called a Constellation, so that might be it there. I'd say it's safe to say that the .5 springsize gripper would be uncloseable, and no man will ever close it, 0% chance, and I'm one of the crazy ones who say that a .375 gripper can be closed. I think the toughest gripper that stands any chance of being closed by a man ever would be the RB WT Gripper, anything higher than that just ain't gonna happen.

I you think a Galaxy will be closed, go and purchase one and stand on it. Galaxy will never be closed - final!

I think the toughest gripper that stands any chance of being closed by a man ever would be the RB WT Gripper, anything higher than that just ain't gonna happen.

Matt, I though my logical argumentation skills had cured you of this opinion. It cannot be closed. It was not designed for this purpose. I have mine, sitting next to me, right now. ...........There, I just tried to chest crush it closed. I got it less than halfway. I don't think the spring size will even allow the handles to touch even if enough force could be applied.

Think about it this way: find a Trainer and a #4. Give both a squeeze. Trainer seems pretty easy, #4 feels impossible right? It would be the same if you compared the #4 and the WT.

Get this crap out of your head. :trout

I think the toughest gripper that stands any chance of being closed by a man ever would be the RB WT Gripper, anything higher than that just ain't gonna happen.

Think about it this way: find a Trainer and a #4. Give both a squeeze. Trainer seems pretty easy, #4 feels impossible right? It would be the same if you compared the #4 and the WT.

yet people can still go from closing a trainer to closing a number 4.

I know its different but that specific example you gave doesn't best correlate with the receding gains as someone becomes stronger and stronger in comparison to their genetic potential.

Mobsterone gave a good example of how humna hands have supported 1000 pounds in each in certain lifts therefore they coudl withstand the stress ofthis gripper if only they had the muscular strength...

I've never felt a WT so i'm going to agree with the people who know best , i.e. people liek you who've got to a high level in grip strength.

I have a pretty strong chest crush from bending and one of my buddies has a Galaxy and I can get about 1/2 of total movement out of the dang thing...I dont think anyone could ever chest crush the sucker closed!!!

Matt, I though my logical argumentation skills had cured you of this opinion. It cannot be closed. It was not designed for this purpose. I have mine, sitting next to me, right now. ...........There, I just tried to chest crush it closed. I got it less than halfway. I don't think the spring size will even allow the handles to touch even if enough force could be applied.

Get this crap out of your head. :trout

I think it CAN be closed but I'm quite sure that it WON'T be closed EVER. If on the strange, crazy chance that the WT does get closed (which in all likelihood won't happen) it would have to be the ultimate freak of freaks. But I do think that the spring is still small enough to allow the handles to touch if something closed it. I think that a hydraulic machine could close it to get the handles to touch, but that's about it. What I meant is although something will never be closed, it still has the potential to be closed, even if not by human hands. But yeah, I would have to agree that grippers above the World Class are nothing more than novelty items, with the exception of the Galaxy as a possible chest crush ultimate maximum goal.

Edited by MVillani1985

I you think a Galaxy will be closed, go and purchase one and stand on it. Galaxy will never be closed - final!

I've got a Galaxy, and I think the potential for it to be closed exists, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I say there's about a 0.5% chance that anyone at any time will ever close a Galaxy. I think in all likelihood the highest gripper that WILL be closed is the World Class, but I still think that, despite the infinitessimal chances, a potential still exists for one of the "uncloseables" to be closed.

Edited by MVillani1985

yet people can still go from closing a trainer to closing a number 4.

I know its different but that specific example you gave doesn't best correlate with the receding gains as someone becomes stronger and stronger in comparison to their genetic potential.

Mobsterone gave a good example of how humna hands have supported 1000 pounds in each in certain lifts therefore they coudl withstand the stress ofthis gripper if only they had the muscular strength...

I've never felt a WT so i'm going to agree with the people who know best , i.e. people liek you who've got to a high level in grip strength.

Yes but we all know supporting strength isn't crushing strength. My example showed that those who said 700 (WT level) or more couldn't be done by a hand. We have one hand lifts hitting 660-700 and partial deadlifts and two hand hip and thigh lifts which exceed 500 and 1000lbs a hand. I have not seen a WC gripper so cannot comment but a WT does seem a potential possibility. Unlikely though.

True it doesn't but the WT really is SO much harder than the #4. I cannot move the handles of the WT with one hand, not even a fraction of a millimeter. Now while hardly closing the #4 I can move it to about 1¼" from closed no set. I just did it about 10 seconds ago. Then I tried the WT again, with the same results: no movement. If it's that hard at the start of the spring compression, how hard is it at the end? :blink:blink

isn't the WT about double a #4? thats just something i remember reading and if thats true i would have to say it can't be done, not by a long shot. plus, no one has even closed the pro yet, and then there's the world class.... the galaxy or the WT are both deffinately out of man's reach. also, i remember reading a thread about it and someone said that if it were closed, in some kind of machine or whatever, the spring would break long before the handles touched because its just not meant to be a gripper. again this is just something i read.

as for this ''constellation'', there are about a bazillion constellations within a galaxy.... so shouldn't the next one be the universe or something, assuming he's staying with the astrology theme for the name...?

We have two press/brakes where I work capable of over 100 tons, I'd be happy to test someones Galaxy/WT/etc and tell you exactly what happens when its closed :D . Ill even video tape it:)

Most likely it would just break.

Hey timmy, I can jump up and down on my #4 and the handles still won't touch, so you'd have to be huge to get a galaxy closed!

Edited by Wes

What I don't understand is why would somebody even want a gripper like Galaxy or WT? Those can't be closed by human hands, it's just that simple. Of the existing grippers BB World Class might be within reach for some extraordinary guy, but it will take time until that thing is closed.

Edited by Teemu I

I honestly think if between the number 3 and the number 4, there were about 10 grippers uniformly graded up to the number 4 from the 3, then alot more people would close them.

If i get to this level (number 3) before my hands fail me or i die, then i might just order alot of custom mades from warren tetting to bridge the gap, and so on towards the WC.

I mean the whole thought of, if you can close a 365lb number 4, then maybe you can close a 366, then maybe after a month you could close a 370... and so on.

I think at the level of 4 onwards these very small increments would need to be utilized and maybe done in triples as opposed to singles due to the slower rate of bone thickening in comparison to muscle strengthening (tho at that level they may be quite similar)

Just to verify: are the MM1-MM6 all between the 3 and 4?

What I don't understand is why would somebody even want a gripper like Galaxy or WT? Those can't be closed by human hands, it's just that simple. Of the existing grippers BB World Class might be within reach for some extraordinary guy, but it will take time until that thing is closed.

For the challenge and bragging rights.

For the challenge and bragging rights.

Bragging rights? For having one, but not beeing able to do anything but chest crushes with minimal amount of movement?

Just to verify: are the MM1-MM6 all between the 3 and 4?

Yes.

another Q to ask is: what is the highest beefbuilder thats been closed and what does it rate on the ironmind scale?

Super Elite and it is about 3.7 if I remember correctly.

another Q to ask is: what is the highest beefbuilder thats been closed and what does it rate on the ironmind scale?

Super Elite and it is about 3.7 if I remember correctly.

I think the Grand Elite's been closed, and that rates pretty close to a 4.

ok, thanks to both of you,

I though if the number 4 had been closed them one of those people would have closed a BB as hard or higher than the number 4.

I think tommy heslep NS the SE in his vid.... I think he should try the MM ladder.

Apart from Magnus are there any number 4 closers that can still close it?

Maybe nathan holle, but is he training away from the spotlight?

and i guess mark henry can but he hasn't certified. (waiting to get it on his left i heard)

Edited by bunchofbananas