Muscle Turtle Starts Once Again!

Muscle Turtle

Well, as most of you know, I stopped training grip for a while due to lazyness and whatever else, Im not sure. I have finally decided to start back up again, just because Im at home. My lifting will go to crap, so I have to have something to make myself feel better, and thatll be grip!

Plate Wrist Curls - 10 lbs for 3 sets of 10

Two Hand Pinch (with gloves) - 90 lbs for 10 singles

Hub Lift (home made) - 30 lbs for 6 singles

Grippers (singles) - left - missed #2 twice, right - #2 and missed HG 300

Today was a horrible horrible workout, but its the first day back and thats all there is to it. I dont have any real training plan thought out or anything yet, Ill just do whatever I feel like, when I feel like it. One rule though, do the movements that I can do heavy and Ill grow. The hub lift is a real real easy hub, considering I cant hub lift a 25 lb plate at the moment and I got 6 singles with that thing.

Lets get back into it and see where we go from here.

Edited by Muscle Turtle

As im sitting here twiddling my thumbs, I just had an INGENIUS THOUGHT!! Well, no where close, but hey, I bet I caught your attention with the capitals!

Im gonna start doing volume on everything possible. Im gonna turn into baby Stalwart!! lols

• 4 weeks later...

Jees, I say Im back then I dont post... LOL.. sorry loyal but very few fans. ha.

Ok, for serious this time. IM GOING TO GET A GRIP!!!

To my surprise, things went a lil too well tonight!

Grippers - with the left hand I worked up to the HG300, woo hoo

with the right hand, I worked up to the #3... HUH?

Well, I closed the 3 then looked at the bottom and it was still a #3. To my suprise both the GM and the #3 were rather easy.

ISG - no clue what setting, 3 sets of 5

10's pinch - 4 plates easy with both hands for 5 singles, then a single with right hand just index and middle finger. Something that has illuded me in the grip world is them 5 10's!!! My thumb JUST gets on it and if Sorin can get his lil thumb on 6 plates and do er, I sure as poop can get my lil thumb on 5 and get er done!

Wrist Extensions superset with wrist curls - bar for 3 sets of 12

16 lb Shot Put hold for time - left hand got 32 seconds, right hand got 40 seconds. I knew there was a reason why I bought this thing! lol.

Tonight, Ill play with this donut creature. My math teacher from high school squeezed this thing every damn day. No gripper training and he kills every gripper in his path no set. Ill also do some of these thumb pinch things. I took some rice and threw em in a bunch of baloons and packed it real tight. I can barely move it with my thumb, its all about the static contraction baby!

While out there I was thinking about this whole big ole grip world.... I layed off the grip because of time restraints and loss of interest. Now for some reason I have been reborn and want to do what I set out to do in the first place, climb the mountain and become STRONG. Well, in order to reclaim my place, there are a few things I have to do...

I have to pinch 45's, which was OH SO CLOSE when I stopped gripping. I have to pionch 5 10's.. I have to V Bar 350 and last but not least. I have to surpass my Red Nail certification. Im a Red Bender, now PROVE IT and step it up some. Im going to start bending very lightly again once every couple of weeks just to get back into the groove. On this powerlifting program Im doing a lot of volume and am quite often tired so I feel as though it is not a good idea to max out on bends but to rather start slow and get my groove back.

In general though, I just want stronger hands. I dropped a 345 dead lift the other night on my 5th rep and that REALLY bothered the crap outta me. Ive never held onto more then 365 double over hand and that has to change, plain and simple. So from here on in, Im going to do workouts every second night after lifting. Im not going to pick any specific movements or what not, Im just gonna go at random!

Todays ses.

2 Inch Handle - worked up to 120 with left and 130 with right.

Grip Machine - 135 for 3 sets of 12

Grip Machine Negatives - 135 for 13 seconds with both hands

Wrist Extensions superset with wrist curls - bar for 3 sets of 12

Later on Ill do ball and donut work. 3 sets of 15 with the ball, 3 sets of 50 with the donut.

My feelings as of right now, 3 movements plus bar and ball/donut work will suffice me. No Set Plan, as of yet, but I think Ill have 4 workouts, and just continue to repeat them and see where it goes from there.

Edited by Muscle Turtle

Plate Pinch - left hand - 35's for 1, and 25's for 12 singles

right hand - 35's for 8 singles

Hub Lift on home made hub - left hand - 35, right hand - 50

Today was just more of a play day for pinching. Didnt really feel like doing anything. So made it real short and sweet. Right hand pinch 35's for 8 singles? Thats SICK. Thats the best I have done on these 35's. They are awkward lil buggers, really glad that I got that many with em.

Later on tonight Ill play with the ball and donut. 3 sets of 15 with ball, 3 sets of 50 on donut.

TNS - #2 left handed for 5 attempts, 4th was the closest!

SM right handed for 5 attempts, 4th was also the closest

ISG Pivot Down - springs in 3rd and 5th - 3 sets of 15 (tough lil bugger!!)

10's Pinch - I HATE 10's!!! lol... 4 10's for 3 singles with index and pointer finger, then 3 singles with 3 10's with pinky and ring finger

Wrist Extensions superset with wrist curls - bar for 3 sets of 15

Later on, donut and ball!

Blablabla... Nice to see that you started again with grip training.

Helmer, the only reason Im back is to kick your sorry butt!

Thanks Ben, Im just going to have to experiment and play around and see what works for me the best. For the time being, just trying different movements will be best.

One thing that helped me greatly this past winter with grippers was the good ole negatives. I just need to get a bigger gripper to do them on. ITS ON!

Ok.. so some new thoughts on training here...

Grippers - just do whatever comes to mind! Do some gripper work, some ISG work, and just go from there.

Everything else... well I was sitting here thinking.. what is everything else? There are a few movements that I dont want to do nor ever plan on doing cause they arent up my ally. So, what movements do I want to trian right now?

Grippers

V Bar

10's pinch

2 plate pinch

2 hand poinch

grip machine

fat d bell

one handed dead lift

Day 1 - grippers - ISG - 10's pinch

Day 2 - v bar - 2 plate pinch - one handed dead lift

Day 3 - fat d bell - 2 hand pinch - grip machine

3 inch D Bell - worked up to an 80 for a single

2 Hand Pinch - 50 by 8, 70 by 8, 90 for 2 sets of 10, 100 for 10

Grip Machine - 45 by 12, 90 by 12, 135 for 4 sets of 12

next time... lotts of singles on 3 inch d bell, work up heavier for poinch, and work up heavier and get a 5th set in on the pinch..

Grippers - 5 sets of 3's...left - HG 250, right- #2

Par singles held for 10 seconds - left - SM, right - #3

#1 for 2 sets of 10

ISG - 4 and 6 ' 3 sets of 10 with handles inverted

10's - 3 10's for 8 singles one after another

Next time - Grippers - chocked tripples, ISG - more tension, 10's negs with 5 attempts

Todays workout was pretty good. I dont do any reps on the grippers so I thought I would start and see how it goes. Its all about trying new things and change! Another good idea for 5 10's is to try a band for delaoding the weight, its worth a try. The 3 10's was done without having my knuckle on the plates.

OOO, next workout is V BAR! shes been a while my freind.

tonight I did donut work - 3 sets of 65 with both hands

playing with the donut, I realize that my left hand really really lags. I think its time to implement a training plan for the donut. volume styles.

Grippers - 5 sets of 3's...left - HG 250, right- #2

Par singles held for 10 seconds - left - SM, right - #3

#1 for 2 sets of 10

ISG - 4 and 6 ' 3 sets of 10 with handles inverted

10's - 3 10's for 8 singles one after another

Next time - Grippers - chocked tripples, ISG - more tension, 10's negs with 5 attempts

Todays workout was pretty good. I dont do any reps on the grippers so I thought I would start and see how it goes. Its all about trying new things and change! Another good idea for 5 10's is to try a band for delaoding the weight, its worth a try. The 3 10's was done without having my knuckle on the plates.

OOO, next workout is V BAR! shes been a while my freind.

Good to see you back at it! :rock

You should be scared Helmer!

Your a big inspiration pal. Reading yours and Martins logs really get me jacked up!!!

Im on the attack!

You should be scared Helmer!

Your a big inspiration pal. Reading yours and Martins logs really get me jacked up!!!

Im on the attack!

BRING IT! :yikes

That new V Bar record really got me excited to do some v bar again. Maybe Ill slammer away until Im up there with the big dogs.

V Bar - worked up to 270 for 3 singles, then no thumb 180 for 3 singles

2 Hand Pinch - 100 by 6, 4,2,5 were done with a thick peice of leather that wasnt too slippery but didnt grab on as well as skin and chalk would, nor did it let my get my knuckles on there nice and snug.

One Handed Deads on a d bell - worked up to 200 with each hand.

The v bar felt pretty good, but my lat def isnt strong enough to withstand the weird positioning, gonna have to work on that. I had lotts of juice left in my right hand, I was just ripping the 270 up. The left hand was a dif story though, it was def a struggle. My PR in v bar are 305 right handed and 295 left handed I beleive. So really, I dont think Im far off at all.

The 2 hand pinch went well. Im finally getting a feeling of grabbing the plates and twisting my wrists out and learning to hold on with not only my fingers but the whole hand. Was some good lifts, maybe some singles next time?

Chocker - left handed - 1 by 3, 2 by 3, SM by 3, HG 300 by 1 then by 2

right handed - 1 by 3, 2 by 3, HG 300 by 3, #3 by 1, #3 by 1

ISG inverted - 4 and 6 for 2 sets of 10

4 and 7 for 4 sets of 10

5 10's with bar through it - 5 negatives

NOICE! This was a good workout. My left hand is really starting to come a long and catch up to my right hand. Righty better start getting stronger! I think the ISG is probably one of the best investments I have made so far. If you read my log and dont have an ISG, GET ONE! It didnt help me get the #3, but its going to help me go above and beyond.

Chocker - left handed - 1 by 3, 2 by 3, SM by 3, HG 300 by 1 then by 2

right handed - 1 by 3, 2 by 3, HG 300 by 3, #3 by 1, #3 by 1

ISG inverted - 4 and 6 for 2 sets of 10

4 and 7 for 4 sets of 10

5 10's with bar through it - 5 negatives

NOICE! This was a good workout. My left hand is really starting to come a long and catch up to my right hand. Righty better start getting stronger! I think the ISG is probably one of the best investments I have made so far. If you read my log and dont have an ISG, GET ONE! It didnt help me get the #3, but its going to help me go above and beyond.

The ISG was my first grip tool. It rocks! :rock Nice workout! :D