Rob's Training Log

ObsceneJester

Well this is my training log that I'm doing.. I just got into exclusive grip work about 3 weeks ago.. before than I lifts weights so I've kinda worked it into my schedule.. my Bench=240, Squat=225, Deadlift 315.. my weak points as far as grip is that I don't include my pinky to much.. I've already closed the #1 about 6 times in a row each hand, I can pinch grip and clean a 30lb hex block weight so I really want to get into this, I'm going to exclude my weights in this log because it's to much to write down

Monday- Warm up (really just anything I can squeeze).. close the # 1 6 times in each hand rest for about and hour and do it again..

Tuesday- Pinch grip; toss and catch 10's, around my back with 4 5's, last but not least time holds with the hex

Wednesday-OFF

Thrusday- Wrist; wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, levering my 5 or 8 pound sledgehammer

Friday- Same as Monday

Saturday-OFF

Sunday-OFF

As I said I'm really new to the grip training, and hope this to be a good workout (would love advice if it isn't)..

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ObsceneJester

• acorn

• pdoire

• Wes

Wednesday- June 28, 06'

Barbell Bench Press (No Arch)-195- 10x3

Deadlift-275lbs-4x6

Overhead Press-115lbs-4x5

Hise Shrugs-185lbs-4x12

Abs- Weighted Crunches(25lbs) 3x15

Dragon Flys-3x10

Side Bends (25lbs)-3x10

Hanging Leg Raises-3x20

Gripper-#2 throughout workout 5 singles, 2 attempts on my BBSM

Wednesday- June 28, 06'

Barbell Bench Press (No Arch)-195- 10x3

Deadlift-275lbs-4x6

Overhead Press-115lbs-4x5

Hise Shrugs-185lbs-4x12

Dragon Flys-3x10

Side Bends (25lbs)-3x10

Hanging Leg Raises-3x20

Gripper-#2 throughout workout 5 singles, 2 attempts on my BBSM

Rob I thought you did deads on mondays along with your pullups? Did you change your workout routine again? And are those SOHP or do you use your legs? Nice workout.

Rob I thought you did deads on mondays along with your pullups? Did you change your workout routine again? And are those SOHP or do you use your legs? Nice workout.

First I don't do pull-ups on Monday that's on Friday

Monday is:

Squats-185lbs-10x3

Dips-75lbs- 4x6

Rows-180lbs-4x6

Curls-80lbs-4x5

Abs (always the same)

Today I was really lazy, I didn't get much sleep so really couldn't workout as well

Weighted Chin-ups-45lbs- 10x3

Decline Bench Press-50lb dumbells-4x8

Reverse Curls-65lbs- 4x5

Calf Raises-100lbs-4x12

Dragon Flys-3x10

Side Bends (25lbs)-3x10

Hanging Leg Raises-3x20

Was going to do H.I.I.T sprints but was feeling sick to my stomach so I only did two 15 second sprints

Trying to find a day (perferably Tuesday morning and Thursday morning to do these instead of days I'm working out but Squats on MOnday and Deads on Wednesday i'm pretty sore)

No grippers today, ordering KTA today saving my hands for the 10 weeks of punishment

July 03

Squats-185lbs- 10x3

Weighted Dips-75lbs-4x5

Bent over Rows-180lbs- 4x6

Curls-80lbs- 80lbs- 4x5

Abs-Same as above

KTA

July 4th,

KTA

How's that KTA workin for you so far?

- Aaron

Good.. I'm on the first week so you know how that goes..

No weights today I stayed up way to late friend was leaving for his tour with the band..

Just doing KTA

July 15, 06

Weighted Chin-ups(45lbs)-10x3 ..did all 10 sets

Front Squats-145lbs- 4x5

Incline Bench-135lbs-4x5

Reverse Curls-70lbs- 4x5

Abs: Same as above..

Grippers- KTA

I don't know the date but it's monday something 06'

Back Squats-195lbs-10x3

Dips-77.2lbs- 4x5

Rows-190lbs- 4x5

Curls-4x5

Abs

Kta is today.. Decided that the #1 isn't hard enough so I'm putting a hose clamp on the spring to have an in between gripper between the 1 and 2

Today was pretty hard (that and the weather was like 98 degrees)

Bench: 205 7x3.. 230lbs-1x1

Deadlifts-315lbs- 4x3

Overhead Press- 125lbs- 4x5

Hise Shrugs-210lbs- 4x10

Abs

Grippers- KTA

I can really feel my hands starting to ache more and more.. Don't know whether I love it or hate it

20th July, 06

Today was probaly the hardest day in my KTA.. I've still got 6 more weeks to go but today really knocked me out.. The first time I've felt the grippers really take that toll on me.. Amazing program but again very hard to keep the the handles together..

KTA was today for Grippers

20th July, 06

Today was probaly the hardest day in my KTA.. I've still got 6 more weeks to go but today really knocked me out.. The first time I've felt the grippers really take that toll on me.. Amazing program but again very hard to keep the the handles together..

KTA was today for Grippers

It'll get worse before it gets better :)

- Aaron

KTA Works!

Edited by acorn

It'll get worse before it gets better :)

- Aaron

KTA Works!

I agree but again I hear so much progress you are having and it's discouraging that I'm not having the same luck as of right now

I had alot of progress last week (week 4) on the backdown week. This week everything is back down a bit. Just stick with it your doing great. Thats how it works with this program Overload for a few weeks then recovery and strength jumps.

- Aaron

"Supercompensation"

Barbell Back Squats- 200lbs- 7x3

Dips (weighted)-80lbs- 4x6

Rows- 195lbs- 2x5

Curls-80lbs- 2x5

Abs (same as above)

KTA- Phase 1, Week 4

Well today was yet again another disappointment.. the only thing for today was KTA..

Left Handed OC's- Hose clamped filed #1

Right Handed OC's- #2

Extended Handle Negative- Elite

3 attempts at goal gripper misearbly failed.. but determined to get it soon

So what is your goal gripper now?

Well I guess my goal gripper now is the BBSM. Also I'd like to send my gripper to someone that could tell me if my BBSM is flushed mounted and what the difficulty is.. that thing is a tank.. and so is my BBGM

So what is your goal gripper now?

Well I guess my goal gripper now is the BBSM. Also I'd like to send my gripper to someone that could tell me if my BBSM is flushed mounted and what the difficulty is.. that thing is a tank.. and so is my BBGM

You can judge for yourself on the spring mounting depth..put a ruler at the top of the handles pointing straight up and then slide it over to the bottom of the spring and look at the distance, that is your spring mounting depth. What is the spread betwen handles on the inside of the bottom of the handles?

You can judge for yourself on the spring mounting depth..put a ruler at the top of the handles pointing straight up and then slide it over to the bottom of the spring and look at the distance, that is your spring mounting depth. What is the spread betwen handles on the inside of the bottom of the handles?

Well my BBSM is 2 3/4 spread and I still can't do the mount right but I have pictures of it in my gallery