Gripboard Grip Bash 10

FrankyBoy

No problem to me - I've turned in my results already so Franky can take until he feels he is back to 100% and ready to go. He already has me beat with what he posted already :rolleyes

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FrankyBoy

• DAN PRAYDIS

• climber511

• bencrush

I'm ok with extending it for Franky. I wouldn't have even known about it if he hadn't pm'd me.

Franky,

When measuring the sledge for the front lever: Do you measure from the bottom of the sledge head to the end or do you include the sledge head?

Thanks,

Josh

Josh,

length is measured from the bottom of the head to the pinky.

I already have some values and I definately will be fine again next week to improve them.

Thanks guys.

Is it okay if the coin fall off the hammer when you set it on the platform?

If so, I could not resist and did the lever a little tonight. 8# at 27" rt, 26" left.

Will get the rest throughout the week.

You should be able to take the coin from the head after the head was released on the platform.

This selection looks cool. I am fried from my strongman contest yesterday and feats of strength which took place yesterday, so I am going to wait until tomorrow. Will we be posting video of this for the gallery?

-Jedd-

Come on Jedd - not even a hint as to how you did at the Strongman contest?

Didn't do very well, buddy. Maybe 6th place - not sure, didn't check.

Probably will post some vids this week.

-Jedd-

That'll be cool if you'd compete Jedd.

I'd love to see some vids (from everybody) but those aren't a must for participation.

This selection looks cool. I am fried from my strongman contest yesterday and feats of strength which took place yesterday, so I am going to wait until tomorrow. Will we be posting video of this for the gallery?

-Jedd-

Dicking around so far-

Pinch-155ish (have to weight crossbar)

Rim lift- 380ish

Hammer: 8 pounds at 25 inches so far

Straphold: 50 rt, 35 left with HG 200

So far I've gotten:

1.) BENDING-->Best bend since the contest started has only been a 6" Grade 5. I'll try to do another Grade 8 before the contest ends.

2.) 2 HAND PLATE PINCH-->Best I've done is 147 pounds. :angry:

3.) 2 HAND PLATE RIM LIFT-->Haven't done it yet. Sounds like it will be brutal though. :cool

4.) VERTICAL BAR-->Best so far is 326 pounds left and 281 pounds right. Total of 607 pounds. Capable of MUCH more with my right hand but so far haven't been able to pull 300+ like I was doing regularly a few months back. These were both done with my FBBC vbar. :cool

5.) STRAPHOLD-->Only given this one shot so far. 25 pounds both right and left. Not sure if I could do more even with my right hand. Surprised me because I was assuming that I'd get around 60 pounds with my right hand. :ohmy

6.) FRONT LEVER-->Haven't done this one yet. Don't expect the results to be very strong though.

I think today or maybe tomorrow I might use my Chris Rice (Climber511) vbar and attempt 333+ with my left and at least 286 with my right to get a slightly better total for the contest. Might get some video.

5.) STRAPHOLD-->Only given this one shot so far. 25 pounds both right and left. Not sure if I could do more even with my right hand. Surprised me because I was assuming that I'd get around 60 pounds with my right hand. :ohmy

Don't do a TNS Ben. :laugh

Finished.

Rim- 380

Pinch- 155

Bending- Grade 8 6"

Front Lever: 8 at 27.5" both hands (have video of rt)

Straphold: 35 left, 52.5 rt (video of a 35+50 rt)

Vbar- 231 both hands

Good job, Bob.

I never published the vid of the rim lift, though I sent it to Dan.

The Rim Lift

Both methods are fine.

Don't do a TNS Ben. :laugh

:blush Oh...

Used a SET and got 41 pounds both left and right hands. Thanks Franky. I think I should join a 12 step program for idiots lately... :whistel

I think I should join a 12 step program for idiots lately... :whistel

Hello my name is Sean and I am an idiot. I have not been an idiot for three minutes, oh and I forgot I was doing this contest. I will finish my list today and PM Frankyboy. :whacked

Some BIG numbers being put up - and Franky told me of some HUGE ones as well - I think I am now an official whipping boy - cause I'm sure getting whipped here. Oh - because I'm also an idiot and also suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Sh..) - I turned in my results early so I wouldn't forget why I did those things. :tongue

Turning in my results early because of kidney stones yesterday and having to travel until the 10th. No access to any grip stuff on my mini vacation... :(

1.) 5.0" Grade 5 (1 minute and 59 seconds) ***PR!*** DO bend!

2.) 147#

3.) 252#

4.) FBBC VBAR 326#, 286# ***PR*** (left hand with the FBBC vbar)

5.) STRAPHOLD 41#, 43#

6.) LEVER 8#X24", 8#X23"

Great contest! :cool Can't wait to do another. This was really cool and it will be awesome to see some of the huge numbers people will put up on this.

It's with great displeasure I have to face the fact that I won't be able to compete this time around. It's simply a case of bad timing. I've been super busy at work, competed in the Show of Hands this week, am still in pain from armwrestling a 327 pound former competetive armwrestler :blink , and just tore off a bunch of skin on my forefingers trying to get in a legitimate bend for this contest. Oh yeah, and I don't have a #1 gripper anymore, as it was never returned to me by a former coworker. I think I hear violins. :laugh

It was a fun contest, made me make a v-bar and stop using a oly bar end for one. Also pushed be to get a 5.75" IM Red in 1:42 which was nice. I have new goals like pinch and strap holds which I suck at. So if it did anything more than embarass me I learned what I need to work on. Thanks to all involved.

-Sean

I am a wuss on the bulk of these, but I now have (more) goals.

1) Bending - Huge Bastard

2) two hands pinch - 165

3) rim lift - 315

4) vbar - L - 226, R - 236

5) strap hold - L - 9, R - 14

6) front lever - L 12/16", R - 12/16" - realized I don't have a smaller sledge

Tried the events. Fun Contest.

Bending: G5, good kink on G8

2 Hand Pinch: 201#

2 Hand Rim Lift: 390#

Vertical Bar: L 308.5# with Euro v-bar, finally coming back since I pulled my ring finger tendon. R 326.5# with FBBC bar, 343.5# about an inch on the Euro bar

Straphold: L 20#, R 25# (used a piece of metal similar to a ruler)

Front Lever: L 8# at 30.5", R 8# at 32.5"

Well David - I just dropped one more down the list - Thanks :cool

Some great numbers going up on this one - can't wait to see all the results!

I wish I would of rembered about this yesterday I worked pinch Oh well.

bending: G5 6" ( I will be paying for this all week started DU finished DO awful ugly)

2 Hand: 187#

2 Hand rim: 327#

V bar: L 285#, R 292.5 SC bar (stew company)

Staphold: L 12.5#, R 17.5#

Front lever: L 8# 26", R 8# 29 1/4"

Good luck to everyone!

There are some big names competing this time with awesome lifts. :bow

I finished the GBB today with a new PR in bending: A 5 7/8" Red which can be viewed in the gallery.

Thanks everyone.