Chris' Strength Training Log

chrisof4

Thanks, Lifting Kid. Yeah, I am going to try to increase next time. We will see how it goes.

I had a pretty good workout tonight. I am starting a new 13 week training phase. I will try to drop to 180lbs, and increase my weights as much as I can. I should definately hit a 450lb powerlift series for reps by the end of this phase.

Also, it is time to focus on the arthritis in my left knee. When doing leg extensions the last 20 or 30 degrees of the movement cause sharp pain right in the knee cap. The doc says this is arthritis. I am going to try to strengthen this knee to compensate with a low weight and high reps. Hopefully I can bring it in line with my other leg.

BW: 189

Cardio: 30 min. on the treadmill. Distance 2.0 miles. Speed 4.0. Incline 0.

Cable rows: 125lbs x 5 PR, 125lbs x 5, 125lbs x 5, 125lbs x 4, 125lbs x 4

Leg Curls: 130lbs x 5, 130lbs x 5, 130lbs x 5, 130lbs x 5, 130lbs x 3

Lat Pulldowns: 120lbs x 5, 120lbs x 5, 120lbs x 5, 120lbs x 5, 120lbs x 5. 125lbs next time.

Leg extensions (left leg only): 10lbs x 15 (noticeably painful through the extension but too bad), 10lbs x 15, 10lbs x 15. The second set felt better than the first, and during the third set my knee really did not hurt. Next time I will do the first set at 10lbs to warm up, and if I feel good I will try to increase to 20lbs.

DB Rows: 50lbs x 5, 50lbs x 5, 50lbs x 5, 50lbs x 5, 50lbs x 4

Hypers: 7, 7, 8 Try to increase to 8 each set next time.

Good work on the row PR. Try some glucosamine chondroitin, it certainly helped me out with all my hip problems.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chrisof4

• LiftingKid

• AP

• Scott Styles