Mind Over Matters'

mindovermatter

First of all id like to say that i only have 4 grippers I need like 2, elite and a trainer ill be getting these soon

My workout is

Warm up with the #1, 6 to 8 reps

strap holds with a filed #2 with 10 pounds: righty

strap holds with a filed #1 with 10 pounds:lefty

2 singles with a super master:righty

4 singles with a filed #2:lefty

1 Negative 1 servere negative with a #3:righty i hold it to about 1/8 of an inch and when i attempt it i am about a quarter inch away this is why i need an elite

1Negative 1 servere negative with a #3:lefty

I rest about a every other week

BEND

Its not really an organized workout

I warm up with a blue or 2 then i bend about 5 or 6.. 5 1/2 inch blues.

I do about 10 sledge hammer levers with an 8 pound sledge.

I have just bent a grade 5 hex bolt yesterday and hope to get them easily soon because i have a billion of em

ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS, OR CRITICISM IS GLADLY APPRECIATED

Good luck man! You'll reach those goals if you work hard :rock

First of all id like to say that i only have 4 grippers I need like 2, elite and a trainer ill be getting these soon

My workout is

Warm up with the #1, 6 to 8 reps

strap holds with a filed #2 with 10 pounds: righty

strap holds with a filed #1 with 10 pounds:lefty

2 singles with a super master:righty

4 singles with a filed #2:lefty

1 Negative 1 servere negative with a #3:righty i hold it to about 1/8 of an inch and when i attempt it i am about a quarter inch away this is why i need an elite

1Negative 1 servere negative with a #3:lefty

I rest about a every other week

BEND

Its not really an organized workout

I warm up with a blue or 2 then i bend about 5 or 6.. 5 1/2 inch blues.

I do about 10 sledge hammer levers with an 8 pound sledge.

I have just bent a grade 5 hex bolt yesterday and hope to get them easily soon because i have a billion of em

ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, CONCERNS, OR CRITICISM IS GLADLY APPRECIATED

awesome overall workout, keep going :rock

I recently started using block weights, 35 lbs for a 15 sec. hold righty and lefty

Does using block weights benefit my crush or my pinch? I would guess pinch but i have heard otherwise

Honk, i use this material i got from my friend (gopher). It is basically identical to the IM pads except there is no IM logo and they are yellow.

I am now doing some dynamic thumb workouts with a clamper from Home Depot and clamp closes with my #3 open to about the width of my index finger

• 3 weeks later...

today i had a chance to attempt the #3 i didnt rest so it wasn't 100% of my strength according to my friend chaz (stranger) it was around a a quarter inch, ( you read this chaz tell me how close it was about)|

I kinked a 7and3/8 by 5/16 hrs really good, it deffinitly would of went down if it wasn't so A symetrical :angry: so i tried a 71/4 by 5/16 hrs today and i kinked that pretty good it almost couldn't roll anymore. i can taste the red

Has anyone been at this point before and got too anxious and injured themselves? i know i shouldn't push it but its hard not to. Any suggestions on what my workout should be for bending right now, i can consistently bend a g5 bolt should i stick with them? Iam gonna cut it short and just say i know im getting the red first so i wanna get it as soon as possible so i can focus on the #3

Thanks for your help, i take everyones advice :cool

Edited by mindovermatter

I would definately not cut it short so you can focus on the #3. 5/16 hrs is a good ways off the red. I would suggest you don't think about the red untill you have mastered a few intermediate goals first:

1. Bend 5/16 hrs at 7" (5 in a row)

2. Bend Grade 5 at 6" (12 in a row)

3. Bend Grade 8 at 6" (5 in a row)

4. Bend 1/4 square at 6"

Get those (in order) and you should be ready for the red. Have fun with your training and you will keep getting stronger.

Edited by Left Side

I would definately not cut it short so you can focus on the #3. 5/16 hrs is a good ways off the red. I would suggest you don't think about the red untill you have mastered a few intermediate goals first:

1. Bend 5/16 hrs at 7" (5 in a row)

2. Bend Grade 5 at 6" (12 in a row)

3. Bend Grade 8 at 6" (5 in a row)

4. Bend 1/4 square at 6"

Get those (in order) and you should be ready for the red. Have fun with your training and you will keep getting stronger.

im not sure how hrs is with 5/16 but the stock i get (home depot) hrs 6'' 1/4 thick and an ironmind blue i could bend them both and could not tell the difference maybe it applies with 5/16 or anything thicker but i couldnt notice the difference, this was when the blue was very hard to me so the slightest difference would of been recognized, but i agree i should bend a few grade 8's first I CANT FIND 1/4 SQUARE ANYWHERE!! i need a new supplier

Edited by mindovermatter

True, it could be hard HRS. The HRS I have been able to buy is much weaker than a red, but it is entirely possible that yours is as hard as Colled Rolled.

How many G5's can you do? How about G8's?

You're doing great man!

True, it could be hard HRS. The HRS I have been able to buy is much weaker than a red, but it is entirely possible that yours is as hard as Colled Rolled.

How many G5's can you do? How about G8's?

You're doing great man!

thanks man, i can deffinitly do 10 grade 5's in a row maybe even 15, of course with a 2 minute break or so inbetween them, i haven't been fortunate enough to try a grade 8 yet, i hear their harder then reds :ohmy

Nope, G8's are a good chunk easier than reds.

10-15 Grade 5's in a row is great, maybe you do have some mutant HRS.

I've changed my mind after reading this, I say give the red a go and let us know what happens.

One last question, what padding are you using?

Nope, G8's are a good chunk easier than reds.

10-15 Grade 5's in a row is great, maybe you do have some mutant HRS.

I've changed my mind after reading this, I say give the red a go and let us know what happens.

One last question, what padding are you using?

im back and forth between ironmind pads and swade. I personally like the ironmind pads better

tried a 51/4 inch g5 today but was unsuccessful :( i gave it a good kink though its about a 140 degree angle, this was right before my buddy wayne beasted a 5'' g5 :ohmy

i wanna attempt my buddy waynes grand master this weekend, before he files it, im gonna do a few grip workouts tonight and monday. Should i not go to the gym at all when i rest, because ive noticed going to the gym tires out my hands to.

a Are there any different ways of resting? :help:help:help

Edited by mindovermatter

Going to the gym has no impact on my grip recovery.

Yes, there are are different ways of resting, rest and active recovery.

If you really want be at top form for the weekend I would suggest doing no grip at all for 4 days prior (gym is fine), and doing contrast baths twice a day from now until the weekend.

Give that Grand Master hell man. Remember, get angry.

i did a servere negative with my #3 and some over crushes and 10 pound strap holds with my super master tonight

TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT :D ....i bent a 6,7/8 of an inch 5/16. It was a piece of my buddy mike(gopher) hrs. The hot rolled steel we get at home depot is the equivilent to cold rolled steel, either that or the four of us just cant tell the difference. It was extremely of center, my buddy wayne should have a picture up tomorrow. :)

I want to thank everyone for the advice, as soon as i get my reds and get them with no problem ill cert. Doed anyone know somebody younger than 18 who bent the red? :help

TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT :D ....i bent a 6,7/8 of an inch 5/16. It was a piece of my buddy mike(gopher) hrs. The hot rolled steel we get at home depot is the equivilent to cold rolled steel, either that or the four of us just cant tell the difference. It was extremely of center, my buddy wayne should have a picture up tomorrow. :)

I want to thank everyone for the advice, as soon as i get my reds and get them with no problem ill cert. Doed anyone know somebody younger than 18 who bent the red? :help

Jon Elder. (Oldtime)

16 I beleive, he's well past the red now, but I haven't heard anything new from him for a while.

As for a cert, I don't think there is anyone under 18 on red nail roster. Malcolm Noland (Muscle Turtle) is the youngest I believe, at 18.

Edited by Left Side

that bend is now in my gallery! check it out

Checked it out, hoping for a vid, darn.

That was quite off center, good job. Get a red and we'll know for certain how hard that HRS is.

I ordered my reds and pads thursday as soon as I get them ill ask my buddy wayne to get a video on here

Checked it out, hoping for a vid, darn.

That was quite off center, good job. Get a red and we'll know for certain how hard that HRS is.

yea if you had of gotten that thing centerd it woulda gone down much easier....thats an impressive bend buddy....you should have that red in ya!!