Ronnie's Powerlifting Log

supermagnamon

Bench Press with Bands (Bands equivalent to 25lbs to 75lbs of resistance.)

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- Bands only

1 set- 5 reps- 135lbs + Bands

Workout

1 sets- 3 reps- 275lbs + Bands

1 sets- 3 reps- 295lbs + Bands

2 sets- 3 reps- 315lbs + Bands

1 sets- 3 reps- 325lbs + Bands

Push Press

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 135lbs Strict Press

1 set- 5 reps- 185lbs Strict Press

Workout

2 sets- 3 reps- 275lbs

2 sets- 2 reps- 295lbs

Dumbell Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 60lbs DB on each hand

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 135lbs DB on each hand

Cybex Flat Bench Press Machine

Warm-Up

1 set- 6 reps- 270lbs

Workout

2 sets- 5 reps- 360lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 370lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 380lbs

Power Cleans

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 135lbs Hang Clean

1 set- 2 reps- 185lbs Hang Clean

Workout

1 set- 2 reps- 235lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 240lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 245lbs

Close Grip Bench Press

Workout

3 sets- 5 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 285lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 295lbs

Tricep Pushdowns

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 70lbs

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 150lbs

No Comments

Ronnie-

What are your openers for this weekend? Looking forward to seeing you lift.

Zach

Squat with Muscle Crain Genesis Squat Suit, Inzer Belt and Titan's THQ Knee Wraps

Attempts

1. 600lbs

2. 650lbs

3. 675lbs- 700lbs Depending on how I feel after the 2nd attempt

Bench Press with Titan's F6, Inzer Belt and Inzer's Iron Wrist Wraps

Attempts

1. 390lbs

2. 425lbs

3. 435lbs- 450lbs Depending on how I feel after the 2nd attempt

Deadlift with Metal Pro Deadlift Suit and Inzer Belt

Attempts

1. 585lbs

2. 635lbs State and American Record

3. 655lbs State and American Record

4. 675lbs If I get all 3 attempts with ease. State and American Record

Edited by supermagnamon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supermagnamon

• Rick Walker

• Muscle Turtle

• StalwartSentinel

Box Squats with Bands (Bands equivalent to 75lbs to 150lbs of resistance.) on 9" Box

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 135lbs with Bands

1 set- 3 reps- 225lbs with Bands

Workout

10 sets- 3 reps- 365lbs with Bands

Front Squats

Warm-up

1 set- 3 reps- 225lbs

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 295lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 335lbs

Deadlifts

Warm-up

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs DO grip

Workout

10 sets- 3 reps- 405lbs

Barbell Shrugs

Workout

5 sets- 10 reps- 505lbs

Barbell Rows

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 225lbs DO grip

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 325lbs DO grip

3 sets- 6 reps- 325lbs DU grip

Plyometric Jumps over 36" Box

Workout

6 sets- 6 reps- 1 min rest between each set

Cybex Lying Leg Curls

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 110lbs

Workout

4 sets- 10 reps- 215lbs

No Comments

USPF Western Cup Open Division only Full Meet and Fit Expo Bench and Deadlift Open Division and Junior Division Results

Squats- Muscle Crain Genesis Powersuit, No Belt and Titan's THQ Knee Wraps

1st Attempt- 525lbs

2nd Attempt- 575lbs

3rd Attempt- 613lbs

Comments:

I went light, because it's my first time squating outside a power rack and I wanted to make sure that I went parrellel, since it's my first full meet and that I didn't want to bomb out. I went rock bottom and paused for 3 seconds and pissed a lot of people off, because I could of done a lot more weight and that I didn't use a belt.

Bench Press- Titan's F6, No Belt and Inzer's Wrist Wraps

1st Attempt- 389lbs

2nd Attempt- 413lbs Failed Attempt

3rd Attempt- 413lbs

Comments:

I'm not good at the Bench Press, so that's all the comments I have on this one.

Deadlift- Metal Pro Deadlift Suit, No Belt and Inzer Heavy Duty Sleeveless Erector Shirt

1st Attempt- 600lbs

2nd Attempt- 635lbs American Record

3rd Attempt- 650lbs American Record

4th Attempt- 661lbs American Record

Comments:

I kicked some @$$ on this one and found out through lifting with it that I can lift more. My grip was great and held 3 out of the 4 lifts from my finger tips, because I had a hard time reaching the bar, but all in all, it was great day just on the Deadlift only, but on the full meet, I should total a 100lbs more the next meet, next month for sure.

Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 135lbs

1 set- 6 reps- 185lbs

Workout

8 sets- 3 reps- 275lbs

Push Press

Warm-up

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 275lbs

Overhead Quarter Squat

Warm-up

1 set- 1 rep- 315lbs

Workout

2 sets- 1 rep- 405lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 455lbs

Power Cleans

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 135lbs Hang Clean

1 set- 2 reps- 185lbs Hang Clean

Workout

5 sets- 3 reps- 225lbs

Decline Barbell Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 225lbs

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 315lbs

Close Grip Bench Press

Workout

4 sets- 6 reps- 275lbs

Lying Dumbbell Extensions

Warm up

1 set- 10 reps- 30lbs on each hand

Workout

3 sets- 8 reps- 60lbs on each hand

No Comments

Squats- RAW- No Straps, No Belt, and No Gear

Warm-Up

1 set- 6 reps- 315lbs

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 405lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 495lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 545lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 585lbs

3 sets- 3 reps- 405lbs for Speed

Deadlifts

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 405lbs

Workout

1 sets- 3 reps- 495lbs

1 sets- 3 reps- 585lbs

1 sets- 3 reps- 595lbs

1 sets- 3 reps- 605lbs

5 sets- 3 reps- 405lbs for Speed

Barbell Shrugs

Warm-up

1 set- 6 reps- 405lbs DO

Workout

5 sets- 10 reps- 495lbs with Straps

Front Squats

Warm-up

1 set- 6 reps- 225lbs Rock Bottom

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 295lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

Cable Rows

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 140lbs

Workout

2 sets- 8 reps- 280lbs

2 sets- 8 reps- 300lbs

No Comments

Ronnie-

Why didn't you wear a belt in the contest? I recently got a metal pro deadlifter, and the 1 time I squeezed into it, I noticed that I was a good 3" or more from getting to the bar with my belt on. Without it on, I could get to the bar though it took much effort. I wondered if the same was true for you.

If you don't mind, I have a couple questions for you. I notice you go off a VERY low box for your speed days, why is that?

You hit 710? (maybe more, that is the highest I see) in the gym but 'only' 613 in the meet? Then, your next squat session you hit 585 for a deuce raw?? Seems like you left 100 or more pounds on the platform in full gear-I was curious why?

You are capable of a 745 pull with the suit down and straps, but with the suit up and without, you pulled 661. Curious why you lose that much without the straps? Do you hook, or is it a grip problem? I use straps in training as well, espeically with the reps in the 5s or more. However, I have noticed when it comes to max pulls off the ground, I can pull the same with or without. However, when doing heavy rack work, I need the straps!

(please do not think I am doubting your gym numbers, I am just curious why you lost that much from the gym to the meet and how I can keep from doing the same this summer.)

Have you tried the Metal squat suits? After getting the Viking, I will never wear another brand.

Thanks man. Great meet-next time you should put 200 or more pounds on that total!!!

-Rick

Ronnie-

Why didn't you wear a belt in the contest? I recently got a metal pro deadlifter, and the 1 time I squeezed into it, I noticed that I was a good 3" or more from getting to the bar with my belt on. Without it on, I could get to the bar though it took much effort. I wondered if the same was true for you.

If you don't mind, I have a couple questions for you. I notice you go off a VERY low box for your speed days, why is that?

You hit 710? (maybe more, that is the highest I see) in the gym but 'only' 613 in the meet? Then, your next squat session you hit 585 for a deuce raw?? Seems like you left 100 or more pounds on the platform in full gear-I was curious why?

You are capable of a 745 pull with the suit down and straps, but with the suit up and without, you pulled 661. Curious why you lose that much without the straps? Do you hook, or is it a grip problem? I use straps in training as well, espeically with the reps in the 5s or more. However, I have noticed when it comes to max pulls off the ground, I can pull the same with or without. However, when doing heavy rack work, I need the straps!

(please do not think I am doubting your gym numbers, I am just curious why you lost that much from the gym to the meet and how I can keep from doing the same this summer.)

Have you tried the Metal squat suits? After getting the Viking, I will never wear another brand.

Thanks man. Great meet-next time you should put 200 or more pounds on that total!!!

-Rick

I lost my belt before the contest and also I don't use a belt at all, because it gets in the way of my lifts. I can get down to the bar with no problems, because I have long arms, plus I can get my butt down to use more legs from the lift off. I go low on the box squats, because I feel that I need a lot of help from the bottom of the lift when I squat, plus it helps my deadlifts from the lift off. As far as the squat results at the meet, I didn't feel comfortable squating out in the open, since all I squat is under a rack, so having spotters and being judged, affected the numbers that I choose at the meet. Next month, I will hit 700lbs on the squat, since I know now, what parrellel feels like in a meet, plus what it feels like to squat without a mirror and knowing where to stop, so experience was an issue, since this was my first full meet. I've pulled 745 on Rack Pull and not on a Deadlift. 661lbs is a PR for me, so I'm very happy with the results of the suit. Grip is not a problem, I had a hard time bringing 661lbs up and was holding the bar for a while and I was still holding the bar when I locked out for a while, just to make sure I was showing off a bit to the other Juniors at the meet. well, i g2g. work. i'll type more later.

- Ronnie

-Rick

As far as squat suits, I've only used the Muscle Crain Genesis Power Suit, but for me, it's actually a training suit. I have bought the Titan Centurion Suit, but I got the wrong size, I'll be getting my exchanged one, next week and I'll try it out next month for my meet. I think I'll total 1825lbs next month and on May, I think I'll total 1950lbs, depending on my bench. Thanks for looking at my powerlifting log. I hope to improve each month and I'm pretty sure that you're improving as it is, Rick.

Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 135lbs

1 set- 5 reps- 225lbs

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 325lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 335lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 345lbs

Push Press

Warm-up

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 225lbs For Speed

1 set- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 285lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 290lbs

Barbell Snatches

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 135lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 185lbs

Workout

3 sets- 2 reps- 225lbs

Cybex Flat Bench Press Machine

Warm-Up

1 set- 6 reps- 180lbs

Workout

1 set- 6 reps- 360lbs

1 set- 5 reps- 380lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 390lbs

Incline Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 5 reps- 225lbs

Workout

1 set- 5 reps- 270lbs

1 set- 5 reps- 290lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 320lbs

Cable Tricep Pressdowns

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 100lbs

Workout

4 sets- 8 reps- 140lbs

No Comment

Thanks Ronnie.

9" is freaking low man! When I do my speeds, I use a box that has me about 1/4" below and I believe it is at 15" or so box height. I go extremely wide though, and I know for a fact that I could not get to a 9" box with any kind of weight and be able to get back up.

As a matter of fact, my low wide box squats on ME day see a 11" box-and that is LOW! :blink I have done them off of an 8" box, but that was with a very narrow stance.

Good luck in your up coming meet, I have one late April (deadlift only) and then IPA Worlds in June.

-Rick

Great news!!! I just signed my agreement with PowerBar and now I'm officially sponsored by them. Thanks you guys for all of your help and support.

- Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie.

9" is freaking low man! When I do my speeds, I use a box that has me about 1/4" below and I believe it is at 15" or so box height. I go extremely wide though, and I know for a fact that I could not get to a 9" box with any kind of weight and be able to get back up.

As a matter of fact, my low wide box squats on ME day see a 11" box-and that is LOW! :blink I have done them off of an 8" box, but that was with a very narrow stance.

Good luck in your up coming meet, I have one late April (deadlift only) and then IPA Worlds in June.

-Rick

no way. a 15" box. i have a wide stance as well and that feels high for me. gosh, i didn't realize how low, i was going. i always thought that 12" was high. i guess i'll go higher then, so i can push more weight. not a bad idea.

Box Squats for Speed

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 225lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 405lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 455lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 495lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 515lbs

Front Box Squats

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 225lbs

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 295lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 335lbs

Deadlifts for Speed

Warm-Up

Workout

8 sets- 3 reps- 415lbs

Barbell Shrugs

Workout

1 set- 5 reps- 405lbs DO

4 sets- 6 reps- 515lbs with straps

Plyometric Jumps over 35" Box

Workout

5 sets- 6 reps- 1 min rest between each set

Comments:

I went a bit easy today, because I wanted to workout on my speed, then strength. Plus, I didnt' want to overtrain. I will take a day off tomorrow and I can't wait to go heavy on the squats and deadlifts. From this point on to May, I hope to have more volume on my speed days, so I can just explode better off my lifts.

Great news!!! I just signed my agreement with PowerBar and now I'm officially sponsored by them. Thanks you guys for all of your help and support.

- Ronnie

Wow! That's really neat! Did they approach you at one of your meets? How did they hear about you?

no way. a 15" box. i have a wide stance as well and that feels high for me. gosh, i didn't realize how low, i was going. i always thought that 12" was high. i guess i'll go higher then, so i can push more weight. not a bad idea.

Remember Ronnie, the idea is to just break parallel. No need to go 3" below unless you have plans of lifting in the IPF. The box height I use puts me just below parallel, and I mean JUST below. I think it is important to be able to keep a solid arch, and if I go much lower, my ass tucks under and I lose that arch.

-Rick

Wow! That's really neat! Did they approach you at one of your meets? How did they hear about you?

No, PowerBar didn't approach me. They had a contest that started in October that ran all the way until this month. I signed up on the contest, posted pics of the contests that I was in, placed a bio, and also placed results of all the recent contests that I was in, along with the records that I had at the time. Out of 4,500 people, I was one of the 100 people that they've selected to be part of their Elite team. I received both an e-mail and a package from UPS and bam, I signed the agreement with them and I'm getting a lot of free stuff in a couple of weeks and will logotise myself with shirts, hats and so forth. All the contests that I will compete this year that will be in Venice Beach, I will ask to sample and give free stuff out, during the time I'm not competing on those days, so hopefully, I can hook up everyone.

Remember Ronnie, the idea is to just break parallel. No need to go 3" below unless you have plans of lifting in the IPF. The box height I use puts me just below parallel, and I mean JUST below. I think it is important to be able to keep a solid arch, and if I go much lower, my ass tucks under and I lose that arch.

-Rick

I understand. Remember, USPF is almost like the IPF in everything, so that's the reason why I go so low, plus I do plan on competing on the USAPL meets, so I can compete in the IPF.

I understand. Remember, USPF is almost like the IPF in everything, so that's the reason why I go so low, plus I do plan on competing on the USAPL meets, so I can compete in the IPF.

Does the USPF allow the pro suits? Ah, IPF. I was considering IPF but my friend's girl just bombed out at Woman's Nationals and I saw her squats, they were deep, and they still red lighted her. I can't stand that squat 6" deep crap!!! :flame To tell the truth, I cannot squat ass-to-heals unless I have a close stance and that is killing my knees.

I plan on staying IPA, APF.

Good luck man!

-Rick

Does the USPF allow the pro suits? Ah, IPF. I was considering IPF but my friend's girl just bombed out at Woman's Nationals and I saw her squats, they were deep, and they still red lighted her. I can't stand that squat 6" deep crap!!! :flame To tell the truth, I cannot squat ass-to-heals unless I have a close stance and that is killing my knees.

I plan on staying IPA, APF.

Good luck man!

-Rick

They allow any suits that are single ply. That's why they approved my Metal Pro Deadlift Suit. It is a single ply suit.

Yesterday's Active Recovery Workout

I helped my friend move his stuff from his old apt. to his new apt. Also, I went to Dave and Buster's. It's a Chucky Cheese type of place for adults. I used a 6lb and an 8lb Sledge Hammer on a carnival game for 6 games and I also used them to lever on both one hand at a time and both hands at a time. I had both a tough and fun day and was energetic the whole time. I feel good today and I'm ready to workout. There was a lot of functional strength and functional hand strength stuff done that day.

Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 135lbs

1 set- 6 reps- 185lbs

Workout

8 sets- 3 reps- 275lbs

Push Press

Warm-up

1 set- 5 reps- 135lbs Strict Press

1 set- 5 reps- 225lbs

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 275lbs

Incline Dumbbell Press

Warm-up

1 set- 5 reps- 65lbs on each hand

Workout

3 sets- 8 reps- 125lbs on each hand

Comments:

I stopped early on my workout, because I was working out with my friend and he was driving. Also, it was his first workout in 2 years, so I wanted to make sure I went easy on him. I had a good workout and I noticed that I'm moving the weight faster on both the bench and the push press. Good speed day on the bench. :)

Squats

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 225lbs

1 set- 8 reps- 315lbs

Workout

1 set- 2 reps- 405lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 495lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 585lbs Wraps

Bottom Up Squats from Rock Bottom

Warm-Up

1 set- 1 reps- 315lbs

Workout

1 set- 1 rep- 315lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 365lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 405lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 425lbs

1 set- 1 rep- 455lbs

Front Squats

Warm-up

1 set- 6 reps- 225lbs Rock Bottom

Workout

1 set- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 295lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

1 set- 3 reps- 335lbs

Comments:

I didn't feel the energy today, when I tried to go heavy on the squats today. Reason for why I stopped after my 3rd set and that I was pushing harder on both the bottom up squats and front squats. I probably need more rest, because of Saturday.

Rack Deadlifts

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs from ground DO Grip

1 set- 3 reps- 405lbs from ground

Workout

1 sets- 1 rep- 495lbs

1 sets- 1 rep- 585lbs

1 sets- 1 rep- 675lbs

1 sets- 1 rep- 725lbs Straps

1 sets- 1 rep- 745lbs Straps

1 sets- 2 reps- 725lbs Straps

Sumo Deadlifts for Speed

Warm-Up

1 set- 3 reps- 315lbs

Workout

5 sets- 3 reps- 405lbs

Cable Rows

Warm-up

1 set- 10 reps- 140lbs

Workout

4 sets- 8 reps- 300lbs

Leg Curls

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 90lbs

Workout

4 sets- 8 reps- 215lbs

Comments:

This was my second workout of the day. I felt okay. Pretty good day for going RAW, since most of the time, I use my Muscle Crain's Power Briefs. My grip is good and I'm even faster now on my lifts.

Push Press for Speed

Warm-up

1 set- 5 reps- 135lbs Strict Press

1 set- 5 reps- 225lbs

Workout

2 sets- 3 reps- 275lbs

1 set- 2 reps- 280lbs

Decline Bench Press

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 135lbs

1 set- 6 reps- 225lbs

Workout

3 sets- 6 reps- 315lbs

Power Cleans

Warm-Up

1 set- 5 reps- 135lbs Hang Cleans

1 set- 2 reps- 185lbs Hang Cleans

Workout

3 sets- 2 reps- 245lbs

Dumbbell Bench Press

Warm-up

1 set- 5 reps- 65lbs on each hand

Workout

3 sets- 8 reps- 140lbs on each hand

Close Grip Bench Press

Workout

5 sets- 6 reps- 285lbs

Tricep Pressdowns

Warm-Up

1 set- 10 reps- 75lbs

Workout

4 sets- 6 reps- 150lbs

Comments:

All the benches were taken when I first at the gym, reason why I started with the push presses, so I didn't want to go all out, so I worked on my speed on the lift. Workout was good. I think my shoulders were not affected at all, when I did some bench work.

Edited by supermagnamon