• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick Walker

• EricMilfeld

• John Beatty

• supermagnamon

WOW, that is Awesome, John!!! :bow

I'm planning on being in Tulsa both days for the Oklahoma Strongman. Hopefully we'll meet up.

Incredible pulling, John!

Mine was lacking last night. I warmed up, and didn't really feel "on", but tried 625 anyways, as I already had it in my head that I was going to try it. Oh well, I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that I'm good for a about two, maybe three, heavy pulls a year. I think the 575 double twelve days previous overtaxed me. I overtrain way too easily on deads.

Eric-

You think maybe your heavy bending is whacking your nervous system as well and not allowing you to recover?

-Rick

Eric-

You think maybe your heavy bending is whacking your nervous system as well and not allowing you to recover?

-Rick

I certainly can't rule this out, but I think I really just need to up the reps, lower the intensity, and not linger too long in the 525+ range for more than a few workouts before trying a single. I think.

Mr. Beatty, I'm jealous of you once again. That's bad @$$ man. :mosher

Thanks fellas!

Today - squats.

145 x 20, 235 x 20, 325 x 20, 415 x 10, 545 x 5

Seems as though we're fading out on this one.

Friday-

Deads- 145 x 10, 235 x 8, 325 x 8, 415 x 8, 505 x 8, 595 x 5, 655 miss

Stiff leg deads off a box (touching toes) 415 x 8, 445 x 5

shrugs - 505 x 8 x 2

Yesterday - strongman & grip -

Started with farmer's - 210 x 300ft, 260 x 150 ft

keg carry (245 keg) 1st run, 150 feet. 2nd run, max distance - roughly 500 feet

grip - grippers, bent a couple 12" x 3/8" spikes, scale wt hold for about 35 sec. fiddled with some vbar.

Not fading out John, all of my training is being logged in my Blog. Just easier for me to do it there then to post on the board.

I am going to get after 700 this Saturday and see how I do. :D

-Rick

Rick-

Good luck!! Hope you get it!

Today-

Bench-

145 x 20, 235 x 10, 325 x 5, 365 x 4,3,2,2,1

some curls & rear delts

Today-

Squats

145 x 20, 235 x 20, 325 x 20, 405 x 10, 555 x 5. The 555 x 5 is a PR for 5 reps for me, very happy. Probably train raw one more week, then when I have issue 2 done for STRONG!, I'll go to the gym with suits & try to get close to 700.

Also crated up the 1st adjustable DL handle from FBBC & cut about 100pc bending stock. All in about 75 min.

5/9/06

Deads-

145 x 8, 235 x 8, 325 x 8, 415 x 8, 505 x 8

From bottom rack position (lower 1/3 of kneecap) - 585 x 5, 675 x 5, 765 x 3

From next pin position (just above kneecap)- 855 x 5, 1065 x 3

Shrugs - 495 x 8, 585 x 5

Great lifts. You are really starting to turn on the power, although from Rick's vid he ain't slouching either.

I think Rick's got me whupped, though. Can't see it being more than a month for him to hit his goal, I think I'm a good 6 mo out.

I keep one eye on your progress at all times Mr. Beatty...

:mosher

• 2 weeks later...

Today. Just a light day to hit a little volume as I'm pretty sore from squats from Wed.

Planned to hit 505 x8 x5.

On set #2, something popped in my left side below the ribs. It's a tear. Very odd location. Very uncomfortable. I tried to belt & do more, got a triple & decided that was a day. Did grip for an hour & quit.

Did take a 5 3/4" FBBC bar to 2 3/4". Grand will come soon.

Today. Just a light day to hit a little volume as I'm pretty sore from squats from Wed.

Planned to hit 505 x8 x5.

On set #2, something popped in my left side below the ribs. It's a tear. Very odd location. Very uncomfortable. I tried to belt & do more, got a triple & decided that was a day. Did grip for an hour & quit.

Did take a 5 3/4" FBBC bar to 2 3/4". Grand will come soon.

Sorry to hear about the rib but the bend sounds great John!!! I am sure you will have the Grand done soon. Glad to hear I am not the only one trying for that damn bar! I have been stalled twice now at <1/4" from 2" and man that just pisses a guy off. Heal up man hope it is not serious.

-Sean

Thanks, Sean. Man, the crush on those bars is a whole different matter. Every single time I do one I'm off center, even when I mark it.

Thanks, Sean. Man, the crush on those bars is a whole different matter. Every single time I do one I'm off center, even when I mark it.

I am in the same house of pain. I bent two off center and mark both of those bastards and refuse to believe that one of my arems is stronger than the other, thus the cause of the off center bend. :blink Keep after it man. I did a couple 5.75" Hex and think it will get me to the Grand soon. Good luck John!!! Heal up and get after it.

-Sean

• 3 months later...

Just bumping this-

Beatty??? Where you at as far as reaching your goal?

I am going to give 675 a go September 2nd. The Diesel Crew and I are having a "PR Day" at my house and I fully expect to get 675.

10 weeks to 700....

Watch it ride in 06'.

Shit, people done got off the wagon. I figure every Monday I'll put my top heavy lower body pull here to keep myself reminded of my goals. I'd like to hit 415 conventional by October, and I'm pretty sure I will.

Last week pulled 395 from 18", 405 froze just before the lockout.

This week, 350 for three followed immediatelly by a quick single with 360, sumo deadlift.

Even through i broke my pinky i will also have a deadlift comp. on sep. 2nd and i will go for the 650!Rick i wish you good luck-you will rip it of the floor :rock

Still i am not sure how to begin:600-625-650??(my last training was 3reps with 600)any suggestions??

• 1 month later...

I guess it is safe to say this log has officially ended.

THanks to Beatty for the Strong! Mag article and pic, as well as the hoodie. I hope you other fellas are still chasing your goals!!! :mosher

Who knows what the future will bring.