Total Sacrifice

Kurt Lane

What did you do to herniate it to begin with?

Thats my point man, why were you attempting such a lift in the first place?

Hey rick,

I could have told you i was attempting a near max anything and you could just say the same shit. I did the lift messed up or had crap form and paid for it, got that? I dont need you to sit here and rub the shit in and tell me "YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!!!!" "quite possibly it has ruined your chances of really reaching your full potential. A lot of people get back injuries and never, ever come back" Thanks for the reminder rick, but if your just going to post dumb crap that only rubs in the fact I have a back injury please hold yourself back from posting here again.

BTW I think your a cool guy, I dont understand what your trying to accomplish here though by saying what you are.

Edited by Kurt Lane

Relax youngin'. Read through my posts, I am attempting to prove a point here, a point that you can chose to ignore or chose to accept.

My point is this: too many young, dumb, and full of testosterone lifters are trying dumb shit more and more. The result? Getting a stupid injury cause you couldn't control your ego in the gym. You don't get hurt training with your head-you get hurt doing dumb shit or ignoring an existing injury. I did some dumb shit and tore my pec, so I know all about it.

I have seen far to many young lifters on these forums go down with injuries-major injuries. I always wonder why until I see videos like the infamous "Diesel Weasel" doing his deadlift that is going to land him in the ER with erectors torn off and rolled into his ass cheeks!

This is one place I agree with Kim Wood. Too many young bucks are attempting exercises and poundages and getting hurt because they read or see others doing it. You would never catch me attempting a max box squat because you cant control the decent-which leads to landing hard onto the box. That in and of itself causes compression injuries. Then there is the whole bowing over off the box that leads to dics slipping and other fun things.

As far as what you think, thats fine. I will refrain from posting here any longer as I don't want you to get your tighties in a bunch. However, you once told me you were going to deadlift 700 in a couple years time. The way you are going now-you might need a cane.

Keep doing what you are doing Kurt, it appears to be working tremendously.

-Rick

I had one accident, havent done anything else that would cause anymore damage or put me at risk and I wont either. I think your just assuming im lifting crazy or somthing. I learned my lesson last febuary and it would be damn near retarded to lift like a ass now. Stop assuming im lifting crazy with a injury you really dont know jack shit about what situation im in but ill tell you so you dont have to make assumptions. I havent done shit but try and do rehab for my back ex for almost a year, i still have stiffness ex in the mornings and aches and pains once in a while, ive used all the advice to help my situation now and avoided all heavy lifting and stuff that would further hurt me. Once again if your going to post stupid shit stay out, I CANNOT CHANGE THE FACT I HAVE A INJURY I can only do what I can to better the current situation. Nothing you have said but the obvious "training with your head you dont get hurt" No shit rick, sorry but I dont have a time machine and cant take back the injury or what caused it.

I love the touch "The way you are going" What way is that Rick? Trying to find a solution or help my back, while not lifting or putting my back in harms way? Again, if you want to know what I AM DOING NOW ask me, dont just ask me what caused it then act like im doing the same shit. If your going to try and be sarcastic atleast be right and not be all assumptions.

I have seen far to many young lifters on these forums go down with injuries-major injuries.  I always wonder why until I see videos like the infamous "Diesel Weasel" doing his deadlift that is going to land him in the ER with erectors torn off and rolled into his ass cheeks!

I *heart* Diesel Weasel! :rock He's a PR machine!

Sorry, had to lighten this discussion up.

Thanks Soil. Its just aggrivating after all the help and support ive got from the people on this board to have this. Rick may have been leading up to somthing or trying to help in his own special way. But from what I can see hes beating a dead horse with this "lift with your head", Im better/smarter because I dont have a back injury, even going to lengths to say since he can/will deadlift more then me makes him somehow right? I dont understand the point at all.

Forget this whole argument ever started. Everything is cool.

Moderator edit: Ok guys, let`s maintain the decorum of this forum. I do not

want to have to edit out personal arguments or eliminate posts. Thanks

What's decorum mean?

:whistel

Nah, Kurt and I talked via chat last night and all is well. Well, at least as well as it can be.

-Rick

My turn to throw my two sense in!

Kurt, Im 19 also and herniated a disc a couple years ago... as soon as I did so, i cried and called up Louie and he fixed all... do the same, youll appreciate that old mans genius. He helped me fix my back and continue to powerlift with more strength than I have ever felt before.

crazy strong grip guy, Im gonna chase you down!