Training

David Horne

V-bar today really suprised me. First session on this in basically a year! Usually it's an event where I have to start off slowly, but it all felt easy, so my other training must just have made my hands stronger!

Here's pics of a 163k lift (PB) http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2919

and a 153k lift. http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2920

R/H 113k, 123k, 133k, 143k, 153k, 163k.

L/H 113k, 123k, 133k, 143k, 153k moved.

It appears like the comeback is back. Congrats David!!!

V-bar today really suprised me. First session on this in basically a year! Usually it's an event where I have to start off slowly, but it all felt easy, so my other training must just have made my hands stronger!

Here's pics of a 163k lift (PB) http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2919

and a 153k lift. http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2920

R/H 113k, 123k, 133k, 143k, 153k, 163k.

L/H 113k, 123k, 133k, 143k, 153k moved.

That's some serious weight! :ohmy

Sweet pics, David.

Wow! Was this the first time again since the injury? Can't wait to see your progress, this will be a VERY interesting log! Hope to learn a lot here!

Awesome lifts, David.

You will be 'looking' very good at your contest.

Franky,

I hope so, as the names who are coming are big!! I will need to be.

Then there is 2006, with the Brits, Euros and the World's if all goes well. I hope so, and I can't wait to meet all the new and old guys, and hopefully pull some big poundages, and get my weak events up.

You like the shirts?

David

Tonight amongst many things was Bearhug Deadlifts. Since a few of the guys have asked about this exercise here are a few pics.

1. Me Bearhug deadlifting 158k

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2928

2. Close up of the Bearhug apparatus with 158k on.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=2929

I used this exercise a lot in the past when I trained to lift all the big stones. It is harder than stones.

David

Excellent David.

But please hold the bar higher up as those lifts would not have passed a good referee. With the new rules there has to be a maximum of 5cm between the pinky and the top of the bar when the pull commences.

I would have failed 'em too Dave ;)

5cm isn't a lot though. Was it felt that an advantage could be gained from holding the bar, say, 10cm down Mikeal?

I didn't know the rules had been revised?

I would have failed 'em too Dave ;)

5cm isn't a lot though.  Was it felt that an advantage could be gained from holding the bar, say, 10cm down Mikeal?

I didn't know the rules had been revised?

5cm is plenty. These are the rules. After consultation with David, the rules were adjusted slightly from measuring from the top of the hand to measuring from the top of the pinky. The latter is less vague.

The advantage holding the bar further down is that you reduce the likelihood of lateral movement (swinging basically) during the pull (no one pulls straight up in its strictest sense). Imagine lifting with a 10m long bar from a platform with a hole in it. If you grab the bar all the way down touching the plates the weights will follow any lateral deviation from a strictly vertical movement that you may produce in more cooperative manner than if you grab the bar higher up.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

That sounds fair enough. I'll have to watch that in future though as I'm not sure what I currently do/did

As Always Mikael has a keen and very observant eye and makes shure that even the big boys dont deviate from whats been agreed :cool

I've just looked at the rules for the v bar on the GGC rules and it states 2" to the highest part of the palm!

Also it may be difficult to see the pinky so as to asertain the distance.

Anyway, let's clear this up.

David

I've just looked at the rules for the v bar on the GGC rules and it states 2" to the highest part of the palm!

Also it may be difficult to see the pinky so as to asertain the distance.

Anyway, let's clear this up.

David

I sent you a message on this on June 28 as you may recall.

Today 25th, trained with Nick McKinless.

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift with Euro set-up

92.1k, 102.1k, 107.1k, 112.1k 1" off floor.

2. One Hand V-bar

R/H only 123k, 143k, 163k, 173k (PB) , 183k tilted.

3. One Arm Levers with 7.5k hammer. Just sorting the rules out on this event.

4. Gripper holds for time.

Then off for a steak!

Will the lever event be like the video on the dieselcrew site? Heaviest 'hammer' you can handle for reps?