Global Grip Challenge 2005

Jedd Johnson

Chad,

Be expecting something from us soon, as well.

-Jedd-

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• Too Tall

• Kurt Lane

It looks like it will be the best contest that there has been. Definately alot of thought went into it. Good luck running it.

Are you guys going to record this. I'm sure there are people who would buy tapes of it.

Just curious, on the lever event, why didn't you guys go up the the arm pit as that would be near parallel with the arm.

Just curious...........

With the arm strapped down in the fixed position in order to avoid cheating, it becomes very painful on the wrist to deviate when lowering the hammerhead any lower than about the ear.

Good question, Heath.

-Jedd-

With the arm strapped down in the fixed position in order to avoid cheating, it becomes very painful on the wrist to deviate when lowering the hammerhead any lower than about the ear.

Good question, Heath.

-Jedd-

I tried lowering the sledge past my ear with my arm strapped down...and let me tell you...it puts an unbearable amount of stress on the wrist. I am glad that we are stopping at ear level.

Chad,

No doubt - it seriously isolates the wrist - which is what we are going for! Sounds like you're going to be a force to reckon with bro! Nice job on your specific training!

Good question, Heath.

-Jedd-

I tried lowering the sledge past my ear with my arm strapped down...and let me tell you...it puts an unbearable amount of stress on the wrist. I am glad that we are stopping at ear level.

Cool, thanks guys.

At some point the wrist will stop moving and the athlete will have to open up his/her hand somewhat - so it becomes somewhat of a crush event too.

Don't worry Patrick - we have it covered.

Sounds like it could be over stretching the wrist more than it should. I hope no body hurts there wrist.

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody:

Just wanted to make sure everyone is aware:

There are two Divisions in the Men's Group: Long Hand and Short Hand: The cut off is 7.75 and below for short and 7.76 and up for long. So the smaller handed guys compete against the smaller handed guys only, unless they want to bump up.

Also, remember we have a separate Women's Division, altogether.

Thanks,

-Jedd-

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

It's come to my attention that there's a miss-understanding of the rules on the Gripper event. You've got 45 seconds per table to close as many grippers as you can, but you only get the point value for the last gripper. Both hands are contested. And the average is taken from the performance of both hands.

Some people have PM'd us about whether the point values of each gripper closed are added together for a total, but that is not the case, brothers.

-Jedd-

and you cant just skip grippers at tables correct? you have to start at the first??

what if you get to the 2nd to last gripper after your first run.. can you you then continue on your next run where you left off?

Smitty/Jedd

I pulled this quote from the gripper medley. Just to make sure I am on the right page.

"Athlete can start at any table - Athlete must start at positions 1, 5, or 8 - Athlete must go in order and close each gripper in line".

So, I am reading that I can start at position 5 if I choose...I can by-pass the 1st table...and continue from position 5 thru 10. Correct?

Or does everyone have to start at table 1...and go 1 thru 10. I'm thinking my above statement holds true.

Thanks

Chad - you can start at the beginning of any table you want - so yes - you are correct my friend.

Thanks Smitty :D

Smitty, let me know if any other woman are going to compete so I know what I'm doing. I don't want to be the only one. Thanks, Donyale

Donyale,

The only lady I have heard of interested in competing is from TPS, the Massachusettes Group of Maniacs (MGoM). I forget her name, but she expressed her desire to compete when we were up there for the Mass State Championships.

I have not heard from her, however.

I will get ahold of Billy Wolt (Ishred) and see if his girlfriend/fiance' is planning on competing. Do you know Kurt?

-Jedd-

Donyale,

The only lady I have heard of interested in competing is from TPS, the Massachusettes Group of Maniacs (MGoM).  I forget her name, but she expressed her desire to compete when we were up there for the Mass State Championships.

I have not heard from her, however.

I will get ahold of Billy Wolt (Ishred) and see if his girlfriend/fiance' is planning on competing.  Do you know Kurt?

-Jedd-

No I don't know who Kurt is. Just keep me posted. I would love to do it but not alone. You know what I mean. I've been practicing though.