Global Grip Challenge 2005

Jedd Johnson

CONTEST WEBSITE: http://www.DieselCrew.com/GGC2005.htm

DATE: September 17, 2005

ENTRY FORM / RULES: http://www.DieselCrew.com/articles/ggc2005...yform-rules.pdf

PRE-REGISTRATION FORM: http://www.DieselCrew.com/articles/GGC2005prereg.pdf

LEVERING VIDEO DEMO: Http://WWW.DIESELCREW.COM/VIDEOS/HAMMERDEMO.WMV

DIRECTIONS: Coming Soon!

**Reminder: Get your digital picture, address and phone number to Jedd or Smitty ASAP!

The announcement you have been waiting for is here. Global Grip Challenge 2005 will take place at the Bradford County YMCA in Towanda on September 17th, 2005. The event will start at 10 AM. The only reason for the delay has been our obsessive preparation for the NSCA PA State Clinic. With that behind us, our main focus is the GGC.

The rules are 80% done. 3 of the events are already competely decided upon: Grippers, V-Bar and 2-hand Pinch.

In all events, it will be extremely important to have developed equal strength in both hands, as being able to replicate a lift with both hands will get you bonus points.

With different time constraints this year, competitors will get only three trips to the platform and if you miss your first two, you lose out on your third. All events will be Rising Bar, which if you don't know, means the weights are added to the implements only one time. No stripping of the weight off and riding back up.

Also, the weights to be lifted will be predertimined, meaning there will be a limited number of weight combinations on the implement. These weight attempts will be announced far in advance, so you know what you will have to shoot for in order to get points. Each weight will have a point value.

There will be no bending in the GGC 2005 contest. This decision was made in order to avoid problems with consistency in wrapping and in order to keep the GGC more of a Grip based contest, and less of a Biomechanical advantage contest. Instead of bending there will be a wrist levering event.

The fifth event will test support grip. It will be a lottery event of many possibilities and the actual test of strength that we do will be decided that day in front of everyone at random.

Due to there being no bending in the contest, we are toying with the notion of having a side challenge after the contest is wrapped up if time allows. No promises on extra events.

We will be starting a complete new page on the Diesel Crew website detailing GGC 2005 developments. It will house all announcements, sponsors, competitors list, entry form, etc. Everything will be there.

We ask that anyone that came last year contact us by either PM or email, and that you send us your favorite bad ass picture - one that you treasure - one that you love - one that you would not mind others seeing.

Diesel Crew is expecting this to be even bigger than last year with huge prizes, appearances, killer video capabilities, and other fascinating developments.

Entry fee is $60. This gets you in for the entire day, drinks, tee shirt and food.

Any questions, drop them on us here or hit us with an email.

And one more thing - there will be two classes for the men (and of course - a women's division) this time. We're settling the discussion before it begins about hand size being a limiting factor - guys with hands 7.75 inches and less will be in one class, and 7.76 and above will be in another class. We will be measuring hands pre-contest, either the night before or before the event in the morning. It will be just like weigh-ins before a Strongman or Powerlifting meet. There will be one class for women competitors - let's get a lot of ladies in on this everybody.

This will not be a marathon event like last year. We're going to have all kinds of assistants with us and the Y will be providing some as well.

Spectators will be charged a nominal fee. That is for everyone, except for those affiliated with the Y or the Diesel Crew assistants.

Bring your camera, video, paint easel, memoire pad, anything you'd like to bring to capture the moment.

More details to follow - keep checking this post and the Diesel Crew website often: www . Diesel Crew . com

Thanks.

Jedd.Diesel

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• smitty

• Too Tall

• Kurt Lane

Sounds great bro!

You have my number, anything I can do to help out just call.

Dont miss this one fellas!

-Rick

HELL YEAH!

Cenidoza, you want to split a van again this year? The ride there and back was as entertaining as the contest itself. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be no hurricane to drive through this time. Then I will have no problem with you doing 90mph...save a seat for Shawn too please :)

Jedd, is there an after-party? Or at least a place that we can grip and lift well into the wee hours of the morn?

Jedd,

Sounds fantastic, and the place to be in September.

For me, maybe 2006.

Have fun everyone, and train really hard,

David

Hey that would be fantastic. Thanks,

-Jedd-

Also to add on what Jedd said,

Along with your picture, please send us your phone number and mailing address - there will be a contest mailing of some "materials" before the contest and we want to put together a comprehensive database for all of us!

We have some confirmations from some big hitters already - going to be bigger and better this year!

Once we get the:

Entry Form

Events / Rules

Directions

Pre-Registration Form

...ready - it will be posted in the original post

Thanks Everybody!!!

Sounds good guys!

Clay, we can do the rental again. With you and Shawn that leaves room for 2-3 more people. Anyone planning on flying into Philly on Friday the 16th and needs a ride from the airport, PM me.

-Dan

I have heard Dan is a very good driver.

-Jedd-

• 2 weeks later...

I have received several PM's concerning specifics about the contest:

Entry Form

Rules

Directions

Specific information

Will be up this weekend! Sorry for the delay....

I saved some vacation for it! If not I think I'll be sick that weekend from work :inno

Rules are done - and looking real tight!

This contest is going to be awesome - the events are new and will test max efforts and strength endurance!

Just waiting on final review by Jedd but they will be posted as soon as we can...

although not competing, i would love to attend and watch you hand monsters rock it out (and size up my competition for future years ;) )

give it up for the GRIPBOARD GGC GROUPIES! :rock

Smitty looks great but maybe you could post a picture of the setup you plan to use for the levering. Not exactly sure how that's going to work. A video of someone getting put into the setup and a lift done that way would be a great help.

Yes sir! I have several requests for a quick clip and I will definitely get one up by Saturday! Sorry for the delay. Just imagine your arm strapped completely down, not able to move. Now you are handed a sledge and have to lever it as many times as you can from a vertical position - down past your plane of the top of your head. I'll get a video up...

We'll get that video up, bro! We wer ejust talking about that tonight, as a matter of fact.

-Jedd-

although not competing, i would love to attend and watch you hand monsters rock it out (and size up my competition for future years  ;) )

give it up for the GRIPBOARD GGC GROUPIES!  :rock

Nick, talk to Kurt Lane and Ishred - they were both planning on coming to watch, but decided to compete. There is no better way to pick up secrets than to compete with them. I have learned more tricks of the trade from Dave Morton at two Grip Contests than i have ever learned from reading old grip publications.

I welcome you to come and watch, but I eager you to cosider competing.

Thanks,

Jedd.Diesel

David Horne/ Mikael, et al:

How does the promotor normally go about organizing the pinch? How is the width decided for all the competitors?

Thanks.

Jedd.Diesel