• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• Zakath

• zpf

• ironorr

I snapped a 195k Challenge bar in 29mins 20th June 2005 Stafford, England.

This is an 8mm thick Hot Rolled Steel bar, 7 1/4" long.

I did this whilst the guys in the chat room gave me encouragement, and boy did it feel good when it finally succumbed! I ended up in a pool of sweat, with sore hands and very pumped forearms.

As Pat said, a GUTFEST!

:bow

Awesome job David.

Yes, we were the cheerleaders there. :D

Wow, that's a big bar, David :bow

I did this whilst the guys in the chat room gave me encouragement, and boy did it feel good when it finally succumbed! I ended up in a pool of sweat, with sore hands and very pumped forearms.

As Pat said, a GUTFEST!

good going david all that work i bet your armwrestling has gone up in strength to also great bending elizabeth :mosher

As Pat said, a GUTFEST!

Now that is one hell of an upperbody workout! :rock

Edited by ironorr

As I said in my review of Dennis and Pat's dvd "Their dvd should come with a warning 'Do Not Watch before Training!'. Viewing the dvd gave me way too much gym testosterone! :) ".

So when the guys arrive for training, I suggest a whole workout of snapping! eeeeeee

This was fine after snapping a 185k challenge bar in 3min 40sec. So now I start on a pre-bent 8mm HRS bar found in the gym, and Richard starts on a 8mm CRS 206kg pre-bent bar also found in the gym. Well after 30 mins Richard snaps his and boy is he pleased as he is soaked and knackered. After 58 minutes I am now in a pool of sweat on the floor, and totally beasted, and grudginly give up. I throw it to Richard who is kinda fresh now to finish off. Well he has a hard start to even move it and can't believe how hard it is! We now work as a team for another 35 minutes till it snapped, a total of 1 hr 33min. Both of us said it was the hardest workout ever, both of us had a lot of skin loss, and I can say that this morning I ache big time!

I have a bit of a do-or-die attitude, and fuelled by Dennis and Pat's dvd this was a recipe for a whole world of pain. :)

All for now,

David

:rock Sounds good!! :rock

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...