• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Horne

• Zakath

• zpf

• ironorr

Yeah thats what i use at the moment, might aswell just keep using it then.

Can anyonw please explain how to snap a bar? Mine just keeps twisting inside the wrapping after the first bend :(

Zakath,

The techniques we are using; are to start the bend reverse style, then crush it in front of the chest then pull it open or partly open again using your lats. After a few of these I also include a leverage move. Where I hold it upright in my left hand and bend it back with my right hand. This is tough on your wrist but effective at straightening it.

For a tough bar, it will take many movements back and forth. But you will get a great workout!!

We shall try and get a video on the board soon.

David

Zakath,

The techniques we are using; are to start the bend reverse style, then crush it in front of the chest then pull it open or partly open again using your lats. After a few of these I also include a leverage move. Where I hold it upright in my left hand and bend it back with my right hand. This is tough on your wrist but effective at straightening it.

For a tough bar, it will take many movements back and forth. But you will get a great workout!!

We shall try and get a video on the board soon.

David

Thanks I finally did it with an easy nail, 150mmx5,1mm

But it took nearly 50 bends back and forth :blink

Thanks I finally did it with an easy nail, 150mmx5,1mm

But it took nearly 50 bends back and forth  :blink

I tried it again, and damn, it was fun! I hope my bending won't suffer :D

Only difference i had in technique was that i bent it back after the crushdown with the reverse style and then crushed it down the other way, no lats, and I found that easier. But it may have been because of the easy nail.

And that nail became nearly 100 degrees celsius - HOT :flame

Zakath,

Well done. Yes the nail/bar does get very hot!

Also I do, especially with the 10 minute IM blue. Sweat was rolling off me, it was like an upper body cardio workout.

David

Elizabeth Talbot 132.5k bar in 3mins 48 secs 11th June 2005 Stafford, England

She blasted this bar away today!!

:mosher

Btw, it would be great if you could say all the bars measurements, so everyone would be able to train without buying. If you wouldn't mind :unsure

Steve,

Nice image! :)

Zakath,

It is a bit pointless, as all steel will vary unless it's from the same length, which Challenge Bars are.

But the 132.5k bar Elizabeth snapped is a 6mm thick x 7 1/4" long Cold Rolled Steel bar.

David

Steve,

Nice image!  :)

Zakath,

It is a bit pointless, as all steel will vary unless it's from the same length, which Challenge Bars are.

But the 132.5k bar Elizabeth snapped is a 6mm thick x 7 1/4" long Cold Rolled Steel bar.

David

Actually I do not think it is pointless at all. It's the same with grippers one CoC 3 is not like any other, BUT, there is still a correlation.

So please, just give me a few measurments so I have something to go after, thanks!

Zakath,

I gave the measurements of Elizabeth's bar. Best bet is to tell me the thickness and kind of steel you are using first, and we can go from there.

David

Dave, it's good to see how fast your progress is coming along. Very impressive as usual!!! :D

Just snapped an IronMind Blue in half unbraced in 7 mins 31 secs. All of it is on video, and Elizabeth will upload it soon, for those who want to watch it. I'm really pleased with this, as the progress is moving fast and my wrists are feeling better all the time. I got a big forearm pump near the end that is only just going now!!

Music in the background is The Bravery.

Later

:bow

Awesome feat of strength and endurance! An amazing piece of footage!

Your times are improving in leaps and bounds as well, knocking minutes off in days.

Cheers Chris.

Elizabeth just snapped a 142.5k challenge bar in 9min 29secs, whilst we were chatting to the guys in the chat room.

:bow

Richard Scott 162.5k bar in 2mins 46 secs 14th June 2005 Stafford, England

Dave Johnson 162.5k bar in 9mins 17 secs 14th June 2005 Stafford, England

I had a go at the Euro bar, which is a 8mm HRS x 7 1/2" long bar. Well I worked on it for 15 minutes, ending up in a pool of sweat, and it was still not broken! I was getting it to bend back and forth in the full bent position of up to an inch. Anyway, I may have another try another day. It's over to you Martin Kotte!

Elizabeth snapped a 147.5k challenge bar in 13min 52secs.

Burkhard Macht snapped an IronMind blue in 14mins 16th June 2005, Germany

Way to go :rock

Great going DAN!! you sure trained your grip today!!!

Edited by DuTCH