Grippers And Things

JNowiski

Well, I got KTA today and am hoping to start it tomorrow. Looks pretty darn intense but hopefully I can follow through the whole thing and make some darn good gains... :D

-Jon

J-Man my number #1 Fan :laugh

If you spend 1/10th the time on KTA as you do in the chat room you could close the number 4 in a week. :ohmy

Just kidd'in Buddy,

I would say I wish you Luck, but we both know LUCK is when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY! :rock

Your a dedicated person and have a great passion for all things grip so I am sure you will be grinding that #2 CoC faster than you even imagined and you will be on the quest with the masses - Charging uphill towards the #3.

Your Fellow Grip Fanatic & Bending Bezerker

GatorGrip

"YOU CAN DO-oooo IT!!!!" :tongue

good luck with u're training. i hope u make those good gains as well. keep us posted.

If you spend 1/10th the time on KTA as you do in the chat room you could close the number 4 in a week. :ohmy

HAHA :laugh

Your probably right! Im waiting the chat by myself for someone to come in as we speak! :blush

This log will mostly be for my progress, but after I finish the program I will probably go back to bending and some serious pinching! (yeah right, who am I kidding, my pinch is way to weak now to be considered serious! :yikes)

don't want to give the secrets of KTA away ya know :laugh...so mosty updates...

thanks for the encouragement fellas, hopefully I won't let you down! :rock

-Jon

Nice to see you posting a log Jon!

Best of luck with your goals.

Good Luck, Jon.

Did KTA for first time yesterday. IT didn't seem that bad, but it was only the first day. Today was pretty good. I can feel it a little, my hands are tired, but it feels good.

Also decided to do some training blob work with my 17.5lb York... do it while I still can. :D I also did some light levering with my homemade heavy hammer.

-Jon

KTA is going great so far...of course, its only the 4th day! haha :happy\

Before I did KTA I attempted a 60d nail that I got from Lowe's...I wasn't really that serious about bending it, but it started to kink so I decided to go for it... :yikes

Probably will seriously lay of most everything else except for grippers though. Its been fairly easy so far, but once the volume starts getting added on its gonna get much harder I assume...

Anyways...will keep ya'll updated! ;)

-Jon

Get after it, Jon. Only a couple of weeks before I expect to see you busting some big grippers.

i just ordered a kta based on representations made in these various posts. the question is whether it will work on a 49 year old, out of shape lawyer.[i take the fifth]

i just ordered a kta based on representations made in these various posts.  the question is whether it will work on a 49 year old, out of shape lawyer.[i take the fifth]

hahahaha, Im sure it will! :bow

-Jon

i just ordered a kta based on representations made in these various posts.  the question is whether it will work on a 49 year old, out of shape lawyer.[i take the fifth]

yes KTA will work on you no matter your age. Look at Pdorie, oldest gripboard mash monster I believe my friend.

JN...goodluck on KTA and let us know how it goes my friend, I'm in KTA now fighting for the #3 so I feel yeah :laugh

KTA KTA!!! :laugh

Well, tomorrow is rest day!! YAY!!! :happy

Week one went very well, hopefully week two will continue to go well for me!

-Jon

KTA went well today. Im glad tomorrow is rest day. For some reason I decided to bend some today, and it will probably be last the intense bending session for a while.

I bent:

1 1/4" X 6.5" HRS

2 1/4" X 6" HRS

3 Yellow equivalents

7 blue equivalents

Now my hands are kind of sore... :laugh

-jon

Good job on the bending.

I bent:

1 1/4" X 6.5" HRS

2 1/4" X 6" HRS

3 Yellow equivalents

7 blue equivalents

Now my hands are kind of sore... :laugh

Well my pupil I think you are ready to snatch the pebble from hand and go out and GET BENT!

Awesome J-man you are tearing it up hoas now chill out let them biscut snatchers recover and let it soak in to that noggin of your that you are well on your way and have moved with swift determination and can go forth from here.

Gator - Your #1 Fan - :laugh

i received the kta and read it quickly. time to purchase some equipment, and hopefully prove some points. by the way, what does kta stand for???

"i take the fifth"

Well fellas, just a quick update...

I F'ed up :( and didn't get this week started...so Im just gonna start over next week... :blush

I got busy with some other stuff and didn't get anything I wanted to started this week, meaning week 2 of KTA and start lifting again... :cry

Sorry guys, but it will get done. :happy I promise.

-Jon

KTA stands for Kinney Training Adapted. It is curious that the acronym isn't spelled out, even though you have to pay for the damn program! Ah, well...

ahhh right, always wondered what KTA stood for

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so many of you know I F'ed up with KTA. I missed week 2 and was planning on starting over last week, but decided to focus on bending for a little while. Today I did some bending. A 60d session. I bent all the 60d common nails I had. 14 of them. I put a pic of all of them in the gallery.

Anyways, next session I plan on either cutting some down to 5.75" and 5.5" and maybe even a little lower or doing move 60d volume, probably 20-30...you guys give your input. I know some of you like volume and some like less volume and more max bends.

-Jon

I cut 3 60d the other night...5.75", 5.5" and 5.25" bent all of them tonight. And now my left hand is suffering, haha, its pretty achy, but it will feel like normal tomorrow, now im gonna take 5 days or so off...hopefully :happy

Check the pic in the gallery...

-Jon

Where do I go to see the deadlift workouts???

I keep forgetting about this log, haha. I need write crap ever couple days or so.

-Jon