Reaching The Grip Goal

Holes

Hey everyone i decided I would start myself a journal, finally picked up all my needed grippers today and here is how my first work out went, it was good but i'm not sure if i am doing what i need to be...

Warmup:

5 Reps with No. 1

Sets:

No. 2 - Cheat Closes 3 sets of 5 reps

No. 1 - Overcrushes 3 sets of 10 seconds

No. 3 - Negatives 3 sets letting it out as slow as possible

Cool Down:

3 Reps with No. 1

As I did this at home tonight I did not do any pinch grip training. How does this sound?

i like the sounds of it buddy.

it seems you are incorporating all the basic types of training.

i take it you are trying to close the 2...is this a correct assumption?

my only question to you pertains to the warmup...do you have a trainer that you could do some reps on? i personally feel like if it is your goal of strength, or the goal to close the 2, you want to maximize your output, and thereby limit the intensity of the warmup. my own preference would be to pop a few reps on the trainer, then do a intense single with the 1 and get right into your overcrushes, negs, and cheat closes. just personal preference.

it sounds good man. keep it up

ya you should get a store gripper that is really easy for warm ups

the rest sound pretty good

ok i don't have a trainer but i do have a cheapo store gripper that i can use for the warmups that'd work! :) hahah thanks alot i'll let you know how it goes today so i'll post back in a couple hours

did the same workout as yesterday but at the beginning I added in a grip machine

warm ups with 45 lbs a hand, then i did sets of 125 then i did two handed sets of 175.

Then i did pinch hold with two 10's for 10 seconds and went on the the workout above, couldn't close the number 2 today, but that's alrgh cuz i trained really hard hahahah felt reall good!

Hey guys, so I did just a gripper workout, i haven't figured out what kind of schedule i should set up as of yet... any ideas? lately i've just been going 4 days a week, Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat. I have been doing my pinch grip Sun and Thurs,

Now that i've been doing this though i have developed a few questions

1) How often should I change my routine?

2) How long should my negatives be?

3) Should I use a wrist roller?

keep going, you'll get that #2 in no time :D As for the wrist roller, it doesn't help crushing strength I think and helps your wrists more. Focuss on the negavtives and train hard, everything will come in time

another grip workout today, left me feeling good, for cheat closes how long show i hold it shut? as long as a i can then build up?

try to hold it close for 5 seconds or as long as you can at first and build up then

hands have been sooo far yesterday, feeling good today but i'm giving them a break. I have closed the No. 2 for 2 reps now so hopefully with some good old recovery time i'll be up to 3 maybe 4 hahahah ya right.

Hello all,

I am begginer and what to ask some stupid questions. what are overcrushes and cheat closes?

overcrushes are where you squeeze an easier gripper like you would squeeze a hard one, and cheat closes and when you can't quite close a gripper so you use your other hand, or your leg and you shut it and hold it.

hope that helps. if you go over to the other sections these things are explained in more detail, also try using the search to lookup other things you not sure about for detailed explainations

Thanks that helped a lot.

your welcome! :)

QUICK UPDATE:

Did another hand workout yesterday it was great! although since i have started dooing them at home i've been missing the pinch grip holds so i think i'm going to buy a few 5 and 10 pound york plates to keep that up.

routine is still going good i'm closing the No. 2 consecutive times now. As well as doing 20 sec holds with the No. 1's I think that i'm going to put strap holds in next week, I would like to switch my routine like i do my workout routine but i'm not sure how here, cuz i'm doing overcrushes negatives and cheat closes. should i switch to plate holds, strap holds and cheat closes for a few weeks and then alternate back and forth?

hey i just bought some plates, so now i'm doing pinch holds with 3 10's for 10 sec and 3 100 and 1 5 for 5 secs as wells as a warmup and cooldown of 10 secs with 2 5's and 10 sec with 2 tens, in a couple weeks i'll go grab some 25's and use those to train.

anyhow i'm going to actually work out a schedule soon with different things on each day, i'm thinking

Sunday - Medium

Tuesday - Light

Thursday - Heavy

That way I can still get ample recovery time, I'm going to get the plate holds going the grippers, some pullsups with a towel and all sorts of stuff like that

sounds like you are progressing pretty nicely :rock

keep rocking it out man.

your goal is the 2 for 10 reps...how many are you at now?

last time with a set i repped for 5 to click i believe but that was at the beginning of a workout. lol still fresh. Although i'm currently reworking my whole workout to incorporate different aspects of my hands so hopefully that will show dramatic results. lol

i'll update y'all when i'm ready for my new one.

O and I made my self a plate loading hammer. it's beautiful lol

keep going on your #2 you'll have it for 10 reps in no time and loved the pinch work buddy. Nothing better than seeing an all round grip workout in the log :D

last night was my hard nigth so I decided to sit down for a while and just work it all

I did my usual CoC workout of

overcrushes

negatives

cheatcloses(which even at teh end of my work out are being half real closes)

cooldown

then I did pinches of

2 5's(10sec),

2 10's(10sec),

3 10's(10sec),

3 10's (15sec),

3 10's and 1 5(10sec),

3 10's (10sec),

2 10's(10sec)

This was followed by plate curls with the 10's then 10's pinched with 5's

Then finally to top it off some hammer levering

is it bad to do everything in one night?

the rest of the week I go alot easier

do what feels good to you, good job

sounds good to me! yea my forearms were destroyed the day after that workout but coming around again now, i'll either work out tonight or tuesday as i'm taking a break today from working out

hey i was wondering who else experiences this, the tendoms in the back of my hand seem to hurt whenever i release a heavy gripper(sometimes 2, always 3) I was wondering if there was something i could do to stretch this and relax it or whether a good old break is in order

try constrast baths, get 2 bowls you can get your hand in, fill one with cold and one with warm to hot and go back and forth a few times until they feel pretty good. move and flex and rub your hand while in there.