Philthy's Log

philthy

My grip felt really weak today I didn't do any specific routine just some negatives on the hg300, a few hg250 over crushes/closes, some hg200 closes, then i just maxed out reps on the hg100 after my hands were already dead

I did thick bar stuff with my 2" heavy handles today, did some forarm curls and various twisting motions.

I did 5 x deadlifts/ hold till failure with 95lbs right and left

Picked up a 25lbs plate by the hub (first time i ever tried a hub lift), I could only hold it for a couple seconds.

plate pinched 2 25's (with 2 hands), it was really easy, i couldn't find 35's so i tried 2 45's i couldn't do it but at one point it felt like i was close.

I closed the hg250 and did an overcrush to show someone I could.

probably the brightest note was that I got two people hooked on grip work today. I think they both have pretty good potential.

Today i got a new gripper, well sort of. My friend let my borrow his hg250 and i let him borrow my hg250. His hg250 is significantly harder than mine, I can close it but it's a lot harder with a wider spread... i noticed his has aluminum handles and mine has chrome handles i dont know what that means but . My friend just closed the lighter hg250 for the first time today.

So today i did a bunch of singles/overcrushes on my new harder hg250 with my right hand. I did a lot of attempts, negatives with my left hand and a set of hg200's. I'll hit the grippers hard in a couple days.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing great to speak of grippers wise however i have been training, but the one day i trained grippers hard I was weak that day because i crushed a few apples the day before.

Yesterday at the gym I did pickup a 70lbs dumbell grabbing it with 2 hands by the ends. I didn't get it much off the ground but prior to that i had never even broken anything heavier than 60 off the ground(with 2 hands). I dont have blobs so that's like the closest thing I can do.

I've also been training with the 2" heavy handle.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been training with a 2" heavy handle , some pony clamps, 2 hand plate pinches and a 25lbs plate for hub lifts.

Yesterday I did about 20 singles, 3 overcrushes and a couple sets of 2 reps with the harder hg250 that i have. Also I did an attempt on a hg300 got it to about 1cm to go. This is a personal best.

Later.

On Monday i worked grippers. I did about 20 singles/oc's of my hard hg250, about 10 overcrushes on the hg200, 5 attempts on the hg300 and 5 hg300 negatives

Last night at a party i exploded a beer can... I didn't think I could do it i've tried before and nothing has happened. I soaked myself in beer and I got a little cut on my hand but all in all it was awesome.

Did grippers and a bucket full of rice today... nothing great to talk about except for a new PR on the hg300 i got it to 1/4 of an inch. I'm going to do more singles today with the hg250, i've actually felt very weak today so we'll see how it goes.

Friday and Saturday I was building someone a fairly big patio out of paver stones.... after 16 hours of pinch gripping pavers and carrying them around the job in my arms my hands are toast... i'm taking time off until after thanksgiving.... i want to make sure my grip is healthy when i shake my gf's relatives hands

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

last week i got a pretty filed #2, it's supposed to be right around a SM. the night I got it I did about 30 overcrush singles with it in my right hand. I did 9 negatives with my left hand.