140x5

140x5

140x5

Cable Rows

12 Platesx10

14 Platesx10

14 Platesx10

14 Platesx10

Backs hurting bad, 12 days till heavy lifting again.

When you do your hammer curls, do you do one arm alternatly, or do you lift them at the same time, to simulate a log.

Kurt-

Do you have a plan for your training? Or are you just choosing a few exercises at each training session and hitting them as hard as you can?

Reason for my asking: You hit a lot of prs in your training...which makes me wonder if you've got planned back-off weeks in your schedule. Going hard and heavy all the time is a way to see your goals get farther and farther away--and training at 90% or above every week (hence your prs) is a good way to make your body vulnerable to a serious injury.

Have you given any thought to cycling your intensity or total volume (poundage)?

I see that you're going to take a number of days off, since you're pretty wrecked from all the heavy lifting...if you cycle your training appropriately, you can still train week in and week out (while increasing your GPP), and make gains...kinda like 2 steps forward and one step back. Instead of 3 BIG steps forward, then 2 steps forward, then one, then taking 2 weeks off and having to make up lost ground.

Just some thoughts-I'm not bashing you at all, I wanted to offer some unsolicited comments from someone who's been around a little bit longer.

Best of luck in your training!

Zach

I totally agree with what your saying Zach, it just took a injury to get me to relize it. My backs hurting pretty bad and im going to rethink my approch. For a very long time I actully was not hitting PR's with the same amount of lifting, but for the past few weeks I was doing damn good. Im going to look into a new approch do you ahve any sugjestions on how to go about this for my goal of being competitive in strongman... BTW here is my current routine...

Monday---------------------------------

Bench Press

~Floor Presses

CG Bench

DB Tricep Extensions

Log Curls

DB Curls/Hammer Curls/BB Curls

Tuesday------------------------------

Squat

~Front Squats

Stiff legged deadlifts

Core Work

Thursday-----------------------------

Powerclean/SM Axle Cleans

Speed Deadlifts

~18'' Deadlift or Rack pulls

Barbell Rows

~Pullups or One arm DB Rows

Friday-------------------------------

Light bench/Squat to warmup muscles.

~Log Press / Incline Seated Log Press

Push Presses / Military presses

Lateral Raises

~Hang Cleans

BB Shrugs

---------------------------------------

~ = Every other week.

When you do your hammer curls, do you do one arm alternatly, or do you lift them at the same time, to simulate a log.

Alternatly. Doing both at the same time makes me fall forward if I try doing them strict lol

Friday, March 4th 2005

Shoulders/Traps

Seated DB Presses

75x6

75x6

75x6

Lateral Raises

25x5

30x5

35x5

Barbell Shrugs

225x5

225x5

225x5

Forgot to add this. My break off from any lifting will be from March 5th to March 14th.

Saturday, March 5th 2005 ----- Sunday, March 13th 2005

Days off

Monday, March 14th 2005

Chest/Tricep/Bicep

Bench

135x5

185x5

225x3

250x3 (PR)

245x3

240x3

225x3

Close Grip Bench

135x5

160x5

185x5

200x5 (PR)

Tricep Pushdowns

50x5

70x5

80x5

90x5

100x5

Barbell Curls

45x5

65x5

95x5

105x5

105x4

105x3

Reverse Curls (Thumbless)

65x5

75x5

85x5

Feeling nice and strong after break. Altho my shoulder has a little pinch in it, ill monitor that but all is well otherwise.

Tuesday, March 15th 2005

Legs/Lower Back

8'' Box Speed Squats

45x5

135x5

135x5

185x3

185x3

185x3

185x3

185x3

Squats

185x3

225x3

275x3

Stiff Legged Deadlifts

135x5

HURT BACK YET AGAIN! NO MORE LIFTING FOR A LONG TIME TILL THIS SHT HEALS UP FULLY!!!!! Its going to hurt me alot, but im prob going to be taking a month or 2 off :( *CRYS*

Kurt, besides taking time off are you doing anything to re-hab your back problem?

Walking 30 mins on tredmill a day, icing & heating it, going in hottub, stretching and taking massive amounts of advil. Im goin g to the Chiro THURSDAY finally.

at my house of course! I have not worked gripper or grip in a while.. I keep meaning to start up again tho.