Larson's Training Log

larsontodd

11/9 Biceps and Triceps

Pushdowns

60x20

100x20

150x45

150x41

Messed around with some rope and single cable pushdowns and really squeezed for 6 sets.

One DB over head standing 80x12

110x10

140x12

Close grip about 12-14in

135x10

185x10

225x2x20 Had to go easy on these as my clavical and rotator cuff injury has not healed yet. It is feeling better though

DB Curls

30x12

50x10

75x12

Preacher curl W/ DB

30x10

50x10

60x10

St. Bar 45x10

135x2x10

11/10

Chest felt questionable so I went easy and warmed up well

DB incline 30x10

50x2x15

75x2x20

110x15 Did have near the stability as usual. It was a rough set and stopped.

Incline Bar

45x10

135x12

185x10

225x2x10 It was really strand that these felt better on my shoulder than the DB's???? Didn't want to push each rep was held for a good long pause.

Cable both high and low

DB flys both flat and incline

50x3x15 each

Pushups with a wide hand position.

Friday is cardio, abs and grip stuff. The Show is bringing some toys for me to play with but he can't play with me because Bill is sending the MM5 out on Sat.

Hey Todd, i am curious what gripper can you close? On one of the cert vids, it looked like you were also wanting to attempt a MM3/ Mm4? How did you do on it?

DuTCH,

I did have a vid clip of me attempting to close the IM#3 on one of Shows MM certs, however, the video was bad and we had to re-film it another day. So W/O having video proof I would rather not say. I hope that you understand! I would like to get the process started however and attempt a couple of grippers when Show does his this coming week. I think the gripper that your speaking of is the MM#3 replica that Show has, I don't think I ever attempted it on vid. I will give a few a try if Bill doesn't mind that they are on Shows MM attempt :D

TL

Brother, what you don't know is that because of how many times you closed the 3 on my cert vid (first go around w/mm2) I purposely erased the video as to not have my thunder stolen!!

Just kidding but I will say-as I know he can back it up-that Todds crush is at or better than mine at any given moment...he closed the 3 around 12 times straight...not opening all the way but still nice reps!

We will get some good shots of him closing the IM 3 on my next cert video whether I pass or not so he can join me!

Is it Thanksgiving yet??? What's with all the buttering up??? Oh, that right I'm your witness for the MM cert. It's all too clear now. You don't want me to fudge the vid again. Can actually say with absolute certainty that you would monkey stop my A** and time, thank you. As you also know my gripper closing consistency is as good as me eating clean for a week. Show, what did I have a BK today DB Whopper, king fry and a chicken sandwich, however, I did stay with the diet coke :D

11/11

Cardio this evening for 20 minutes on EFX

Abs

Got to play with a bunch of grippers that Show brought to the gym. The grippers ranged from a #3 IM to a BBSE. He also had a gripper that I haven't seen before a RB 330. He said there is two and this one was like a slim line or something like that . Nice gripper thats for sure. It was a good day for grippers and hope that I can get a couple of good closes on film, we will see though.

Did some plate pinches with 25's and 35's, 45's were a bit much today.

My deadlift form has gone to sh** because my core is very weak and I'm carrying some unneeded fat around the mid-section which throws my form off. Lots of work!!

Sat is shoulder day so we will see how stuff holds.

11/12

Shoulders, calves, abs

Standing DB press

30x20

50x20

75x20

95x20 Really had to warm-up on these. Clavical still bothering so I didn't want to push.

Standing Military Press with Bar

45x10

135x10

185x15 These hurt a bit and didn't finish my last set.

DB side laterals

40x2x25

50x20

Couldn't complete front raises or upright rows. All and all not the best but not the worst.

Smoked the crap out of calves for about twenty minutes high reps and heavy.

My calves have responded very well and seem to be growing well.

Abs and lots of stretching

11/13 Cardio and abs. Starting to build my endurance up, however, my diet isn't as consistant as I would like it to be.

11/14

I debated between legs with a sore knee or chest with a bum shoulder and clavical.

Squats

Warm-up Leg extensions very light weight

135x2x10

225x10

315x8

405x8

455x4 Today squats felt extremely well with no pain in my knees. I should have stayed with 405 and squeezed more reps. I felt uncomfortable with the 455 today for some reason and didn't want to push any heavier. All sets were done raw with a shoulder width stance. I will start front squats next week and alternate them both between workouts.

Single leg press: 5 sets of 20 and really squeezed

seated leg curls 3 sets of 15

lying leg curls 3 sets of 15 reps

abs and stretched

i just read through your whole log. you always mention your injury and yet your lifts are huge! your an animal bro :mosher

what is your best squat and incline bench?

Wayne,

Yes now that you mention it I do complain a lot :blink Who doesn't have an injury once and a while right! All injuries were preventable, however, I do learn from my mistakes. I'm trying to build my raw numbers up a bit, especially my squat and dead. I would be tickled pink if I could be where I once was with 600x4-6 raw, no belt, wraps, or suit. I was a bit higher than that with equipment. My left arm is a bit longer than my right so I do lots of incline or flat DB. Best probably is 160-180 DB on a 30 degree angle or so for 10, depends on the day though. I considerably weaker on the bar, never been much higher than 315 for reps. I hope to build myself up to those numbers again soon. Its very motivational to read all the posted logs and see the progress that everyone is making.