What Are Your New Goals

pdoire

Such an array of goals here!

I'm thinking its time to concentrate on other areas of grip to the level that I give my grippers... So here is what I think I'll be heading for:

- Start to add weight onto my 125lb Anvil.

- Close RB260N/HG300....(though still on RB240N)

- Get some proper plates to see what I can hoist.

- Weld bars onto my Atrium weight and progress with that.

- Grow Longer fingers and broader hands... :D

Good luck to all...one things for certain, we're only gonna get stronger!

Digdogz.

P.s. More than anything this Xmas I'm telling Santa to do what seemingly can't be done and get me the Blob to the UK....Please...I have been good. :inno

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DLK

• Bearcat 74

• rbrown

• gotenmyoou

P.s. More than anything this Xmas I'm telling Santa to do what seemingly can't be done and get me the Blob to the UK....Please...I have been good.  :inno

If this works, let me know, and I'll write to him next year!

I can only plan about 6 months ahead, so...

close #2

pinch 5-10's either hand

300# bear hug deadlift

For the rest of the year, try not to go horizontal!

For the Year 2005:

Grip:

Closing the CoC #3

Set some bending rekords for myslef

Plate Curl

Pinch

Vertical Bar

Strength: 

Pull-Up with 100 kg (200 lb) extra Weight

50 - 80 One Arm Push-Up`s

5 - 10 One Arm Chin Up`s

One Arm Curl 40 - 50 kg (arround 80 - 100 lb) with a long Dumbell

Farmers Walk 100 kg (arround 200 lb) each Hand

This are only a few goals

I think over the year I will set some more goals to reach, I relly don`t know right know how much it will be at the end!

WOW thats some heavy stuff i love pullups a one arm pullup is darn impressive,

i useally only do reverse grip pullups they train the back a lot too

The things I would like to shoot for in 2005.

close a #3Rh, clean and press the blob both hands,shoulder a 260 stone, finally get a horse shoe all the way around into a heart(for my daughter),completely bend a grade 5 1/4 in 5in bolt and any other improvement I can make over my PRs I have now.

Work on some small injuries.

Work on my flexibility - it sucks, and I think it contributes to the injuries.

Get in a little better cardiovascular condition - not bad now but I'd like it to be better.

Qualify for the World Masters Games in Olympic Weightlifting again this year.

Do a double bodyweight 2" dead lift on my Axle. 35# to go from my best ever. Going to be rough.

Deadlift the Blob I have coming.

Deadlift 3 - 25# plates - I've broken them from the ground a couple times now.

Deadlift 5 - 10# plates - I've got them maybe 6" up so far.

Rolling Thunder of bodyweight - 18.5# from my best, which I can't seem to do anymore, or every get real close to..

Overhead press my grandson - he keeps growing and I keep ageing - before long this is going to be good.

Climb the Diamond on Longs Peak in Colorado- it's been on my list too long now.

Have FUN and enjoy life!!!!!!

I have noticed many do not have goals that are particularly easy. I have decided to be very realistic with my 2005 goals. Here they are, in order of difficulty. Each one will be a little more difficult than the previous one listed.

1. Lose 35 pounds of excess weight without losing any strength by December 31.

2. Beat Clay Edgin in my garage in a Rolling Thunder match before he moves to New Mexico.

3. Win the Southern California Grip Decathlon(Sometime in March I think).

4. Become known as the best IronMind Hublifter in the World by November 30.

5. Both my son and myself get certified under the new rules for the #3 in front of Randy Strossen in Columbus Ohio at The Arnold Classic in March.

6. Bend a White Nail by December 31, 2005.

A few of these will be quite a stretch for me(the bending for example), but I think setting the bar not too high and not too low is A Modest Proposal.

Hubgeezer

Salinas, California

BE THE YOUNGEST COC CERT EVER!!!!!!  I am 17 now and my birthday is July 17.  I just started working on it have closed the #2 6-7 reps already with CC rule.

I think there's a 14 year old kid who has certified already!!!

BE THE YOUNGEST COC CERT EVER!!!!!!  I am 17 now and my birthday is July 17.  I just started working on it have closed the #2 6-7 reps already with CC rule.

if you can go back in time 5 years you can be the youngest. some 12 or 14 year old did it a couple of years ago......

time to set a new goal :D

Close my super hard elite. MM1, MM2, lift my inch dumbell, be more consistent with the blob, pinch 2 45s, pinch 3 25s,bend the iron mind red nail, 220lbs rolling thunder, pinch 5 10s, deadlift 500lbs.

I think I was 16 when I called and asked who was the youngest and they told me some 14 or 15 year old did it.

Got my IM 1,2 and 3 today. Closed the 1 both hands, and by the end of the day i got the IM#2 for both hands too. Not for reps though.

My goal is to get certified for the IM 3.

Maybe an increase in bench, squat and deadlift.

Bench, current 150 kg. Goal, 165

Squat, current 220kg, goal 250. Got that ones, but not deep enough

Deadlift, 245, goal is to get 260. Next summer seems reasonable for me... ;)

Edited by DuTCH

I think there's a 14 year old kid who has certified already!!!

My dream is crushed. But I now remember seeing a picture of a 14 year old closing it. Oh well then to be what like the 3rd teenagers. I know that kid closed it and Jessie Marunde. Anyone else?

DLK i don't know the numbers off the top of my head but I think there are about half a dozen or more teenage COC's. I'm pretty sure they all certified under the old rules though. Maybe you could change your goal to be the first teenage COC to certify under the new (credit card) rule.

To take my grip training more seriously, add a piece of equipment to my training, and make the #3 IMG as my standard grip of use.

DLK i don't know the numbers off the top of my head but I think there are about half a dozen or more teenage COC's. I'm pretty sure they all certified under the old rules though. Maybe you could change your goal to be the first teenage COC to certify under the new (credit card) rule.

Damn I didn't know that there were that many. I will try to be the first CC cert then. Thanks ANVIL.

70#+ 4 3/8" hex block pinch... at 62# now

RB300, MMG2/3 hold using homemade CC... PDA295 too easy

60#+ narrow one finger pinch... have done 50# both hands

...now if my adductor pollicis would just heal 100% I'd be off and running :angry:

Marunde was 18. Murray was 16 I think. Sanderson was 14. I was 17. John Wood did when he was 16 way back in 95 but Strossen being the smart guy he was said there no way anyone that young could close that gripper. John did it over 50 times thoughout the course of a week in front of players and coaches from Michigan not to mention his dad Kim. And they were no sets and no chalk to boot!

I'm 19 now. No 4 in my future.

I read the gripboards 2004 goal/prediction thread and thought it was a great idea. Here are some of my tangible goals that I hope to hit by this time in 2005.

1st-I want to go as high on the MM cert as possible

2nd-my BBSE is pissing me off, I want a non anchored close on video/picture

3rd-hopefully BC and the blob syndicate in MN will have another grip comp so I can try to farmers the inch bells and give the millenium a shot.

or if the grip comp doesn't happen I want to hit 200 lbs in just plates in the FBBC 2.5" handle

4th-bring my bending up to par with the other grip events-hopefully bend a G8 in this year