What Are Your New Goals

pdoire

1. Rip a deck of cards harder than the dollar store variety (China)

2. Close my BB Elite

3. Break 180 lbs on the RT

4. Bend G5-G8 6" short steel

5. Try some horseshoe bending

6. Roll a frying pan

And those are just my grip-related goals ... :happy It's going to be a busy year!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DLK

• Bearcat 74

• rbrown

• gotenmyoou

Goals..hmmmm?????

Bend Yellow Nail

Close HG 250

plate pinch curl 25 or 35 plate

Perform 100 reps in any particular exercise with a 20 or 25pd Clubbell

1 arm deadlift 200pds

1 arm chin up would be really nice ..

.  Current bests are 768 deadlift and 905 squat.

Very impressive.

Thanks Tom. I'll be competing with your friend Josh at the Snowman. Will you be attending by chance?

:bowHOLY CRAP :bow

Heath, I could easily say the same about some of your feats..

I'd still like for you to come join us sometime for training in Nashville. I really hate you didn't get to come to Kent Durso's this past spring as I believe you had planned. I was going to be there. Hope all is well. Ryan

Edited by rbrown

My previous plan was to close a #3 and bend grade 5s again by the end of the year but since i've been working +320hours this month (this is sadly not a typo nor a gross estimate) i've not been able to really train for the past few weeks and i've lost some weight and strength too.

So my new goals are for 2005 :

- Close a #3 with a +1" set,

- Bend a red nail,

- Deadlift +60kgs on my 2.5" Husky handle DB.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i'll do everything to make the pinch my best event in the next Swiss Grip Comp !

200+ on RT

225 2 Hand Pinch

Get consistant on my 3 again

Pull the Blob (actually hope to do it before the end of this year)

Pinch 3 25's

G8 DU bend

Certify as COC

Lift blob both hands

RT 200#

No set SM

Paralell Elite

Bend a red

2 hand pinch 200#

6 x 10's pinch

Deadlift 600

Squat 500

Lift the Inch

Edited by deaner

grip

- consistent #3 close, hopefully certify mid-late 2005

- 2x45 plate pinch

- 15kg plate curl

... these are the ones I really want... any other grip achievements just a bonus

lifting

- 250kg deadlift (220kg double overhand)

- 220kg squat (200kg beltless)

- 150kg bench

- 100kg press

... also like to up my curling and reverse curling, but don't have any particular goal in mind

#3 cert

place 1st in a strongman contest that I've placed 2nd in two years in a row

finish in the top 5 of an official highland games contest

farmer's walk 250's for 250 feet previous best 221 feet

for this up coming year, i want to:

first cert on my #3, then no set

bend a G8

pinch 2 35's and 3 25's

lift my 40lb york blob+weight

and try lifting the INCH if i get one....o yea man

lifting:

deadlift 500

squat 500

bench 300 at least

OH press 185, hoping for 200

My goal for 2005 is

Get certified with #4 (probably around Jan or Feb).

Win armwrestling tournament.

Lift 220lbs on RT.

Paralell bar dip 10reps with 200lbs attached to my waist(I weigh 220lbs).

Be able to toy my 88lb DD Kettlebell(just started playing with Kb last week).

Challenge the red nail.

Obtain the strongest striking power(punch) at Japan.

I know I will be quite buzy!!

Gotenmyoou,

Impressive goals and if you can cert with the #4, won't you be the first guy to do it since IM changed the rules to credit card set ?

How close are you now ?

I hope you do it ! .. neilkaz ..

:bowHOLY CRAP :bow

Heath, I could easily say the same about some of your feats..

I'd still like for you to come join us sometime for training in Nashville. I really hate you didn't get to come to Kent Durso's this past spring as I believe you had planned. I was going to be there. Hope all is well. Ryan

Yeah, I had planned to go down there, then one thing led to another. It was going to be a 4 hr drive to cert at like 10am, or a 4hr drive to Columbus and try to do it in front of Randy so I just went to Columbus. I figured you would be there and was hoping to met you. I need to quit being lazy and just drive down there so you can show me up!! I may have to go down that way for Christmas stuff, if so I'll mail you, maybe we can meet up.

Thanks neilkaz!

Presently I could close the #4 braced. I think Clay or Heath will be certified before I do. Credit card close is hard as f#&k!!

Thanks neilkaz!

Presently I could close  the #4 braced. I think Clay or Heath will be certified before I do. Credit card close is hard as f#&k!!

What do you mean by braced?

Also, are you closing the 4 with a credit card set, or how?

I hold the wrist with my empty hand, it makes it lot easier to close.

Im working with the deep set close since credit card width is out my reach for now.

Can anybody find the thread that was posted this time last year of the goals we set for ourselves? I just tried to search for it but can't find it. I thought Rick Walker started it, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

-Jedd-

Jeff-what do you mean by a supported close? good luck with your goals-Austin

Thanks neilkaz!

Presently I could close  the #4 braced. I think Clay or Heath will be certified before I do. Credit card close is hard as f#&k!!

What do you mean by braced?

Also, are you closing the 4 with a credit card set, or how?

I hold the wrist with my empty hand, it makes it lot easier to close.

Im working with the deep set close since credit card width is out my reach for now.

Jeff-what do you mean by a supported close? good luck with your goals-Austin
I just mean hold my wrist with my other hand. This anchors the gripper better and let's me apply more force.

WEIRD.......

I went trought that thread, Sean Dockery had the best one, Clay's was a little um *Difficult* to obtain even by his standards.(With his easy fours and such).

Certified with the #3 ironmind

Mash monster o and 1

And force close the #4 by Dec,05.

Regain health, been a bad year sick much of the time, and also regain my previous strength levels and then some.  :D

Your year this year was my year last year. It has taken me all of this year to regain my past strength and pass it. Hope your next year will be your strongest yet Old Guy.

Which brings up my goals:

Increase in health

Increase in general strength

Increase in grip strength

I joined the GripBoard at the perfect time when both my strength and morale was at a low point. I have received a lot of inspiration from the GB’s members which has helped me a hell of a lot more than hospital rehab and the croaker’s pills.

Thanks men.

Zevich,

I like your signature!

Goals...............................................................................................(Current best)

Certify on #3 righty......................................................................(ez3 close)

Close #3 left..................................................................................(#2 close)

Lift Blob, eh...................................................................................(40 blob eh)

Lift Inch, eh...................................................................................(stuck to floor)

Bend more, maybe yellow, blue, maybe save red for 2006....(just starting)

Bench 315+...................................................................................(185x8 or 205x3)

Squat 400+....................................................................................(195x20)

Deadlift 500+................................................................................(all my free weights, 275x10)

Gain 20-30 pounds muscle, mostly legs...................................(185 lbs.)

T

Edited by T Sands

Right now i am only one the trainer with the #1&2 on the way so i would say is to close the number one and maybe the numer two but that is more than likley asking too much. Also i want to try pinching

I want to get my Rb 240, 260 and HG300 OWNED.

I want to compare my #3 with someone elses to see if it's (as I suspect) a mis stamped #4! And if it IS, then I want to certify on the 3, maybe get a MM cert as well. If it isn't then I want to get the evil bastard shut, even once will do, then I can certify in 2006.

I want to consistantly bend blues, and be able do have my reds quaking in their boots whenever I open their case.

Hit 250 on the RT.

Plate curl a 15 kilo plate.

Pinch my 15kilo weight from both the 4 inch and 6 inch ends with a 10 kilo plate suspended from it.

And, once I've found out what I can do with this R-Ring that arrived in the post today, I'll have a goal for that, too.