Tonight's Workout

GarytheDino

Looks like I'm at the point when things slow down. I had proper rest between bending for the first time in over a month. I did see a very little progress this time so I'll post it.

TTx1

40x2

G2x2

60x1

Then I went for a 5" G5 it took a few attempts and I got it to 90 deg.

G8 put a good kink in it, went back and forth between the 8 and 5. The 5" G5 is easier but that crushdown is a killer.

G2x6

60's that were already kinkedx3

The easy bends were one right after the other. The heavy attempts had a couple minutes between them total time was about 2 hours.

It's going to take some work now the easy gains are over for sure. I swithed to overhand about a month ago. It's the grip that still needs the most work. I still enjoy some underhand from time to time also.

Yesterday I did some speed bench with 205x3x8sets before my shoulders got more sore from the bending.

Today, Thursday looked like this.............

Pushdowns 120x10x5sets

pullups12x2sets

legraise 12x3sets

squat 135,6,6 205x6 which I should not have done

stiffleg dl 135x10x2sets this is just to rehab my back

grippers did mostly no sets up to hg 200 for a few singles and at least 20 per hand with #1 did some 1 and 2 finger closes with store gripper and 2 overcrushes with #2.

I have some grippers on the way, later in the week I'll be doing some heavy singles with a set.

I want to close the #3 consistantly with a set and no set #2 by the end of the year also would like to bend a grade 8.

Note my triceps are stonger than my back and legs. :blush

I'm posting all exercise because one can effect the other.

Edited by GarytheDino

I planed on taking it easy Friday but my new SM gripper came. I had to play with it a little. It was the toughest SM I have touched. It several tries to close it. I wasn't at my best but had to try it. It is just what I was looking for.......about a 2.75. It is roughly 95% of my easiest #3.

Saturday will be a rest day and maybe a bike ride unless a gripper comes.

Sunday,

Grippers started with no sets for warm ups. Worked up to a hard #2 and a SM did several singles. Did a few overcrushes. Worked back down to no sets with #1 and HG 200. Did some two finger work with store gripper. Used 30# york block for holds about 10 each hand.

Looks like Tuesday will be the big lifting day this week so Monday will be a rest day. Plan on working up to 315 for an all out set for reps on the bench then bend for volume to see how many 60's I can do. Then general upper body work. Need to stay away from the heavy stuff this week.

As usual my ego took over.

Bench 135x8 225x8

Bend G2x3 60x2 Fat Bastard G5 cut down to just under 5" New PR, attemped G8x2

Bench finished up with 315x8 275x12 225x12

Bend finished up with 8 more 60's

Took a 25 minute bike ride in the morning.

I'm trying to mix pressing and bending so that I have a full week to recover. It gets me in the shoulders.

Tomorrow will be general lifting and grippers and block weight for time.

I got the bend on video. Do you all think it's worth sending in, or should I wait until I do the G8.

Decided to do grip last night

warmup with no sets up to hg 200

set closes up to SM

choker closes up to SM

over crushes with #2

negatives with #3

block weight hold for time about 10 sets each hand.

Today

Tricep extension 135x10 155x10 185x8

pushdown 125x10x3sets

stiff leg DL 135x10x3sets

squat 135x10x2sets

pullup8x3sets

played with thick handle DB up to 100, few holds

Back is killing me, felt good before workout. Think it may be the DB,because last week it was fine after working out.

Decided to do grip last night

warmup with no sets up to hg 200

set closes up to SM

choker closes up to SM

over crushes with #2

negatives with #3

block weight hold for time about 10 sets each hand.

Today

Tricep extension 135x10 155x10 185x8

pushdown 125x10x3sets

stiff leg DL 135x10x3sets

squat 135x10x2sets

pullup8x3sets

played with thick handle DB up to 100, few holds

Back is killing me, felt good before workout. Think it may be the DB,because last week it was fine after working out.

Grippers

No sets T, #1, hg 200

sets #2, SM

deep set #3, #3 missed 2 more attempts

choker close #3

Choker overcrush #3

Choker negatives #3, #3

Overchush #2

store gripper holds with out thumbx2

Today was good after yesterday's rest.............

warmups

hg200

wide hard 2

SM

#3 for 2 singles

did a bunch of over crushes with SM

holds with #3

Negatives #3

Ground SM few times

BTR with #2

No sets missed #2 did HG200 both hands

Did block weight with various fingers then did a bunch of tosses.

Today I wanted to try a G8 with a short warm up to see what happens.......

ttx1

g2x2

G8 kinked to around 10deg, finished off a G8 prekinked to about 20deg.

tried a 60d but was already to tired, stopped early to save up for a 5"G5 cert next week.

Moved on to bench.........ideally I think about 48 hours rest would be right but my shoulder has been acting up some so I need all week to rest......

135x10

225x10

315x2 felt weird.....maybe the G8 had something to do with it, should have beenx10

315x5 still weird

315x8 better

315x9 satisfied with that after doing all the other stuff

plate raise 45x12x2sets

pushdown 125x10x6sets

Tommorow is easy back rehab work, it feels better and grippers and maybe thick bar.

Ice tonight.

Grippers......

worked up to #3 for 1 close and 2 attempts. this is the 3rd strait workout that the #3 has closed.

focused on negatives today........need to get a heavier gripper, used a pipe to set it. Didn't use chokers today.

Stiff leg DL 3" bar 125x10 then had to use altenate grip 125x10x3sets. (killing 2 birds with one stone here, rehab back and thick bar without twisting into weird positions with DB)

Yes......the thick bar has been missing from my workouts.

Grippers, just a little off today perhaps tearing some cards last night was the culprit.

leg raise 15x3sets

warmup then just missed #3

#3 negativesx4

at least 10 no sets with #1

overcrush #2 x 3

no set hg200 and #1 few more times.

pullups 8,8,6

I plan on doing nothing until at least Monday or Tuesday.

The plan is to certify on a G5 5" if the bolt and witness come and maybe cert on #3.

Couldn't stand it any longer, had to grip.

after warm ups did #3 for 4 singles with long breaks in between

did 2 overcrushes of about 10sec. with SM

at least 10-12 neg with hard 3.......moving up to Elite, also did about 10

nosets.

Did block weight holds about 5 sets of 10sec. each

Edited by GarytheDino

It doesn't look like I'll be able to cert. this week, so I went ahead and bent.

Worked up to a couple Grade 5's and a 60 harder than a grade 5.

Tried G8, got it to 10deg. used a bender to get it to 30 which was to far........and I killed it the rest of the way by myself.

Worked the crap out of crushdowns by digging old stuff out of the bend bucket and crushed it down further......also did a bunch of crushdowns with a hard 3 gripper.....have a Elite on the way for negatives but need at least a #4 to crushdown.

I had some grippers come in today. I piddled with grippers all day. Felt kind of weak from bending yesterday.

Bench

135x10

225x10

315x10

275x10

225x10

Tricep extension

135x10x6sets

plate raise

45x12x2sets

3"bar stiff leg Dl

125x15x3sets

pullups8x3sets

Grippers today.

Could not even set the goal gripper. Apparently I'm overtraining. The negatives must be too much too fast. I've been doing about 10 and 5 or so overcrushes every other day but I'm sore and going downhill. The last workout was the same.

Bending

warmups then kinked a couple G8's tried a 4.5ich G5 afterwards but couldn't even kink it. I felt weak on the 60d warm up....I think this is due to going gripper crazy lately............here's where it gets real weird...I don't train grippers after bending because my forefingers are just one big blistered up calus.......since I kept bending short tonight I went ahead and grabbed a #1 just to see how it felt.........that always leads to more, I can never stop.

It felt so different. The #2 was nothing also. I went ahead and fired up the camera which is usually bad luck. Tonight it wasn't I handled the #3 like never before.

I did 5 good closes......2 holds for at least 10 seconds......Some choker closes from before parralel with no set. Then did 3 negatives with the elite. Did holds and tosses with a 30 blob.

What was different today?

I bent before grippers........ Was this a good warmup?

I backed off to 2 or so negatives a day........Was I overtraining negatives?

Almost forgot that I'm backing off on bending before I hurt myself. Just going to try to take it easy for a while.

I did grippers for about the last 3 days but didn't post........Was I undertraining?

I did blob holds for time those days.......Did I need something to shock my system?

I iced this afternoon instead of after my workout........Did this aid recovery?

I stopped no sets.........Too much range of motion I think.

Was it just one of those good days?

I'll get this narrowed down in the future.

Edited by GarytheDino

Bench

135x10

225x10

315x10 as soon as these reps get a little cleaner I'll up the weight

275x10 approaching a PR, have to let up on bending too (shoulder)

225x10

Triceps pushdown

120x10x6sets.

Leg raise

15x2

Skipped grip due to volume last night.

Not a very good gripper workout tonight.

Iced hands

Warmed up with some thick bar deadlifts 125x10x2

Warmed up on grippers #1,#2 then attempted a close in a choker from wider than parralel with only the gripper hand touching, no pushing back in the hand etc. Basicly a "chocker no set" with #3. This should have been really easy but it took a few trys to get it. Once I did that I tried a regular set close #3 and could not set it.

2 overchrushes with filed #2 in a chocker

6 negatives with Elite.

I have not mentioned it but my left hand is mostly no set work, I don't bother to type all that out. I do about the same amount of work but it is mostly #1 and Hg200 no set inverted.

3" bar deadlift 150x10

Tomorrow I'll try a light bending day after some ice and see what happens on the grippers. That is the only difference and I had a day rest also.

So tomorrow I'll see if bending directly helps me warm up for gripper or if I need to train every day. If neither works, I know I lucked out the other day or need to try a different combination.

Tommy cam by tonight.........

We started with the grade 8 Fat Bastard certs. I have been strugling with G8 for a couple months.........Tommy killed one in front of me and that got me fired up!!!!!!!!!! So I killed the other one. Then Tommy pulled out another G8 and bent it underhand..........Ok fine. I pulled out a 5" G5 and killed it. Tommy killed another 8. I pulled out a 4.5 G5 and got it half way....Tommy took it from me and finixhed it with a little bracing. It was definatly a bending duel tonight. We traded back and forth......his bending has sky rocketed in thelast couple months and I finally got past that brick wall at the G8.

Tommy got me so fired up tonight. It was pure craziness!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried not to curse to much and just channel the energy into the bend.

He tought me how to scroll tonight. 1/2" stuff and he did a 5/8" into 2 circles. We did some shorter stuff too.

I did the MM entry level cert. also. Bending definatly gets me fired up for grippers. Then what does Tommy do.............a double no-set with #3's then a one arm pushup no set #3 with the other hand.......What the crap was that? I heard the second rep click!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tommy is the second person to tell me that the #3 is average and not an easy one. That made me feel even better.

It was 2.5 hours of total insanity......We did get video of it all.

We finshed off with some 2 finger pair of 35's pinch. Oh , yeah I played with the blob but only got the 40.

I probably left a bunch of stuff out but oh well. Wish I would have known Tommy 20 years ago or so.......maybe I could have been this way all along.

Edited by GarytheDino

Thankx gary,it was an Awesome workout. :rock I just started doing double-overhand 4days ago on Sundaynight.I was at a Pizza Hut sit'n in the booth with some 1/4in. x 6in. g2's.They were really easy so I decided to try two at once.They bent :rock All the people were look'n at me like I was crazy,I was get'n "Ugh Lee" with the two at once.When I got home I tried a 270K Challenge Bar & slamed that as well.All Glory & Honor goes to JESUS. :bow

:bow God Is The Real Power" :bow

Would it be wrong of me to sneak out into the garage for some late night bending while I'm suppose to be in bed with my wife? Man my priorities are whacked!

You guys rule! :rock:bow