What Do Ya Want For Grip Bash 7?

EricMilfeld

Just throw out some ideas for lifts, and I'll make a list from which to vote for your 3-5 contest events.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• SqeezeMasterFlash

• deaner

• Jedd Johnson

1)Supported Wrist Roller MAXIMUM weight,just a 24 inch range of Motion so heavier poundages are handled.

2)Squeeze a DYNO for MAXIMUM.Both hands.

3)Two handed pinch MAXIMUM

4)Table top wrist curl MAXIMUM

5)Hercules Hold for time,1 1/2" handle MAXIMUM TIME

6)One arm Deadlift of Farmers Walk implement.2inch knurled handle.MAXIMUM weight.

7)Grip medley: Load a blob on a 48inch platform,Hub lift and load a 45# onto a 48inch platform,squeeze a number3 gripper(or the MASHMONSTER #1?OR #2?) for 1 rep,bend a RED nail(or Fat Bastard stock?)load a 315# dumbell,with a 1.5 inch handle onto a 18 inch platform,Load an INCH replica dumbell onto a 18 inch platform :yikes

Alternate hands are OK in the medley.

Its a lot of events but DYNO doesn't take much out of you and I personally wouldn't expect everyone(anyone? :blink )to complete the MEDLEY.

Perhaps think of a Penalty system in the MEDLEY so that you CAN skip a 'feat'but IF you do? you lose extra points.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

1)Supported Wrist Roller MAXIMUM weight,just a 24 inch range of Motion so heavier poundages are handled.

2)Squeeze a DYNO for MAXIMUM.Both hands.

3)Two handed pinch MAXIMUM

4)Table top wrist curl MAXIMUM

5)Hercules Hold for time,1 1/2" handle MAXIMUM TIME

6)One arm Deadlift of Farmers Walk implement.2inch knurled handle.MAXIMUM weight.

7)Grip medley: Load a blob on a 48inch platform,Hub lift and load a 45# onto a 48inch platform,squeeze a number3 gripper(or the MASHMONSTER #1?OR #2?) for 1 rep,bend a RED nail(or Fat Bastard stock?)load a 315# dumbell,with a 1.5 inch handle onto a 18 inch platform,Load an INCH replica dumbell onto a 18 inch platform :yikes

Alternate hands are OK in the medley.

Its a lot of events but DYNO doesn't take much out of you and I personally wouldn't expect everyone(anyone? :blink )to complete the MEDLEY.

Perhaps think of a Penalty system in the MEDLEY so that you CAN skip a 'feat'but IF you do?  you lose extra points.

WHOOPS!sorry I thought you were asking for ideas for about GGC 2005!?! :rolleyes Ignore this post. :blush:blush

These events might be kind of hard to pull off at the average home. :laugh:laugh

Sorry about that.....I should have read the 'title'of the thread more carefully. :cry

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

where will this gripbash be taking place? If its not to far from me, i'm there.

I like toms ideas, except for the one handed farmers. It seem like a good idea, but when you got guys like clay and pexter who can pick up 400lbs+ with one hand, it makes it hard for us little guys who can barely pull 450lbs with both hands. I don't care how strong my hands are or aren't, i'm not lifting 400lbs with one hand.

I'd like to see events that favor mostly grip strength. How about that event that mike roy had....holding on to a bar with weight hanging on your wrist for time?

Ishred, the contest is out in your garage... or at your local gym... or your basement... or at your friend's... in other words, it's anywhere you damn well please! :D This is the one, the only, online grip contest we know and love as the Gripboard Grip Bash! Yeeh-haahhh!

Rules will be posted after we select events. Please see past Grip Bash Rules and Results posts for an even better idea of what all the hoopla is about.

pinch lift - 2-hand plate pinch

deadlift - 1-hand deadlift with barbell, or 2-hands rope deadlift

reverse curl

and just for something nasty - hang for time with no padding/gloves... a good one for the lighter people, of which I am not :) .. could make this a 1-hand hang and add up the times for both hands?

How about a medley, building off Tom's post.

Most Gripboard Record lists accomplished in 2 minutes.

Those were really cool ideas, Tom.

-Jedd-

One hand deadlift on an oly bar

One hand pinch using 2 10's with a bar through the middle

Most reps inverted on a gripper

Behind the back wrist curl for max weight

Thickest 12" piece of steel bent braced

Find a brand of cards we all have access to and have most cards torn

2-25's for laps around the body. It's fun & something different.

I like that one. Good idea John.

I like the supported wrist roller idea but I think there might be too much variation... How bout two hands behind the back plate curl? Cards torn is good, maybe with a time limit also? How bout scrolling, how many coils can you get in a 4' piece of steel, bracing allowed of course. I'm going unusual here and based on the stuff I've seen as goals/new exercises for people. How bout gripper flogging, three finger inverted closes?

I would like to see:

Rt

grippers

underhand or rev.grip bending

2-hand pinch

thick bar reverse curl

This is not a knock on overhand benders but it would be cool to see what everyone can bend with one of these styles.

I think it'd be neat to see who could bend what in Slim Style. Double overhand with your arms fully extended for the entire bend. Crazy hard.

How about a medley, building off Tom's post.

Most Gripboard Record lists accomplished in 2 minutes.

Those were really cool ideas, Tom.

-Jedd-

Thanks.

I thought it would be cool :cool combine some standard tests with more visual tests.

The wrist roller and table top wrist curl-are (or can be for some)VERY heavy events yet not directly effected by the participants Brute strength..The single farmers dead?does take some full body strength-similar to the Euros one handed deadlift.Still requires a good grip.

Why not?'steal' the HERCULES HOLD from strongman?A Great and visual event...a static test of grip strength/grip/tolearance to pain...yet the weight is not lifted.So,again,IMHO,not an event determined limited by a lack of absolute brute strenght?

Also the final medley event? Putting some standard tests into a medley..which could be(perhaps)more exciting and visual for observers...and maybe someday real 'fans' :blush

Calling THAT medley the 'GripBoard Record Medley' is a good idea.

Just Rambling thoughts from the insane asylum. :whacked

1 hand deadlift, 2 hand plate pinch, card tear ( mavericks, bicycle?), underhand bend, wrist curl, i'd love to see rolling thunder but i dont have one and im probably not the only one

1) I like the idea of (2) 25s for most laps around the body.

2) 2" Bar Double Overhand Deadlift-sumo or conventional

3) 1 Hand Olympic Bar Thumbless Grip Deadlift-both hands separately-then add for total

4) Bending-CRS or HRS-since most have easy access to it-1/4" and 5/16"

5) Two Finger (One Hand) & Thumb Clean & Press-2 and 3/8" or 2" bar-can be dumbbell-both hands separately-then add for total

6) 2 Hand Olympic Bar Middle Fingers Clean And Press-fun times :D

7) Table No Set Gripper Close-biggest gripper or reps with highest possible

Find a brand of cards we all have access to and have most cards torn

Someone gonna send me packs of cards from the U.S.? cool ;)

I like passing the 2x25s-around-the-body event too... but will have to be 2x10kgs for me... so I'll have a slight advantage.

I really think we need an endurance event in one of these grip bashes - whether holding/hanging for time, something for most reps or most passes-around-body, furthest distance carrying weight, etc.

Hey that's a thought... what about the August Johnson bag carry distance type thing - what was it? 32lb bag?

How bout two hands behind the back plate curl?
Assuming two plates are being piched toguether I would say you got yourself a McMillan Curl there.
three finger inverted closes

Assuming your no setting it you got yourself a Flog there....... :)

You could do max distance 2x25lb pinch. Max with one hand or max passing back and forth between hands. Could get some big distance that way. I like the around the back idea. Would be fun. Do 2" bar or DB clean/press and add the hands, that would be fun. We could see who could get over 300lbs total. Slim bending of HRS would be cool. I would get smoked but would be fun.

Reverse hub lifting - Crappy hubs will not be a factor here!

I like 2 25s for laps.

Rectangular Fix - It's a reverse curl up to arms at 90 degrees but you need to hold it for 2 seconds at least. NO cleaning whatsoever!

4 finger deadlift, last two fingers of the hand.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

since i dont have a 2" bar or dumbell, that would put me out. i think the 2x25s around the back sounds like a winner. 1 finger from each hand deadlift would be cool. shortest piece of 1/4" hrs bend reverse or underhand, or shortest blue nail. how bout most 60ds bent in a minute or something?