It's Time For The Gripboard To Dominate Once Again

Bill Piche

I've ordered one after reading this thread, and it's been dispatched today :D

I'm hoping it will help with Grip endurance; Damn wish I knew about this thing earlier.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• porkbone

• CMunger

I owned one of these gyroscopic grip devices about 10 years ago. It was kind of tricky figuring out exactly which way to direct your force to make the thing go faster.

Definitely a lesson is marketing though. First the COC grippers, now powerballs. Come up with a challenge that uses your product and recognize the winners with a publicly displayed list. Popularity skyrockets!

Cool Bill! I am really looking forward to getting mine.

Hah, I just said I was a nerd because I have been spending way too much money on grip stuff lately. I think I am in good company though.

Hah, I just said I was a nerd because I have been spending way too much money on grip stuff lately. I think I am in good company though.

Bob,

Remember this: you can never have enough grip toys!! :happy:laugh

These things look so cool i desided to order the premium pack for 109 bucks.

"Our three top products in one exciting pack!

'Premium' is aimed at the top level Powerball Connoisseur and contains;

1 x Neon Blue 'Pro'

(includes digital speedmeter)

1 x 250Hz 'Pro'

(includes digital speedmeter)

1 x Techno

(speedmeter inbuilt on the rotor)

...a serious mix of products, each with their own unique characteristics and all guaranteed to please the most demanding sports, fitness or gadget enthusiasts!

Like all special packs, these three gyros come complete with wrist cords to guard against those accidental drops!

Each gyro includes 2 starter cords and full instructions."

What do you mean? His feedback looks fine, and the feedback leaving buyers appear to have extensive background. Please feel free to be specific, since I just paypaled the dude some money about an hour ago. Thanks.

Dear John G. McEneany (jgmack@bellsouth.net),

The following listing:

3686076495 -15,000 RPM Neon Pro PowerBall + Free Shipping in US

was removed by eBay because a Verified Right Owner (VeRO) Program participant notified eBay that the listing potentially infringes its trademark. We strongly urge you not to complete this transaction.

You can get more information on the VeRO Program at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/programs-vero-ov.html

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this issue.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Ah, ok... jsut pissy trademark stuff. Harley Davidson legal has auctions pulled all the time for unauthorized uses of trademarks. I'm betting there might be some Powerball (lottery trademark?) pissing matches going on behind the scenes. Feedback is good, I feel pretty good about my money.

EDIT Or... it could ever be that his guy is not an "Authorized PowerBall Dealer" and there's something going on there regarding cut and pasted from the official Powerball site... BINGO! I think I figured out the winner.

Edited by CMunger

Bah! Lawyers! What do they know about trademark infringement!

The powerball site that Bill bought his from ships by UPS anywhere in the world except to PO boxes. I live in Thailand and there is no problem delivering one here.

got a quick question for you guys...meant to put this in its own topic, but i see here might be good. im having what i think to be tendonitis in the back of my hand and wrist.......it started during KTA. I am not finished with my session though, i have about two weeks to go. has anyone used this for therapy? could it help my condition? btw, the pain only occurs when i tip my hand back or forward very far, or when i lean my hand back and apply pressure, like in a pushups position. i want one, but it would be nice to get rid of this pain. im young and i dont want to deal with this all my life.

Just got the email saying it was shipped to me from the scpowerball guy. Seems like they're still in business (and ship fast too).

yeah, me too. I'm thinking that the issue was likely the cut and paste descriptions and pics from the main PowerBall site without prior agreement.

yeah, me too. I'm thinking that the issue was likely the cut and paste descriptions and pics from the main PowerBall site without prior agreement.

That is the case. The guy emailed me explaining things. My powerball is on it's way by USPS priority mail.

I also ordered from the E Bay guy yesterday and was notified it shipped today ( pro neon blue model). I bought the Dyna-Flex one a month or so ago but could not tell how fast it was spinning with out the meter on it. You sure could feel it wanting to fly out of your hand if you didn 't really grip it. I remember having one of these 30 years ago. Pretty neat it is still around.

I bought the Dyna-Flex one a month or so ago but could not tell how fast it was spinning with out the meter on it.

Is the Dyna-Flex built just like the PowerBall?

Could you get a meter for the Dyna and make it work on it?? :mellow

Sybersnott Posted on Jul 6 2004, 06:20 PM

As far as I can tell Dyna-Flex makes the PowerBall. It just looks like the PowerBalls site has the rubber ring re-branded but otherwise it is identical product.

Maybe I am wrong? Anyone know for sure? Everything I have been able to find indicates they are the same thing just branded differently.

As far as I can tell Dyna-Flex makes the PowerBall. It just looks like the PowerBalls site has the rubber ring re-branded but otherwise it is identical product.

The ONLY difference I can tell between the two is that the Dyna-Flex has no meter on it and the PowerBall does.

Which makes me wonder if you can put a meter on the Dyna-Flex. :shifty

Sybersnott Posted on Jul 6 2004, 06:20 PM

Maybe I am wrong? Anyone know for sure? Everything I have been able to find indicates they are the same thing just branded differently.

It must be an offical powerball to be considered for the stats forum.

Few of us have one as of now, so it makes sense that we all get the same make and model, so as to make competition and comparisomes meaningful. They are not hard to obtain.

I was inspired to go out and answer my own question. They are the same product made by the same company with a different rubberband. The last two links really provide the answers.

Meters

More Meters

Links

DynaFlex Corprate

DynaFlex Store

Wannagrip Posted on Jul 6 2004, 07:12 PM

It must be an offical powerball to be considered for the stats forum. 

Do you mean that it must be a DynaFlex (manufacturer) PowerBall (model) or do you mean that it must be a PowerBall purchased from PowerBalls.com?

Just wondering, I can understand the desire to compare apples to apples but I don't think purchase from a particular place should be required (especially if there is not GripBoard pricing) :tongue .