Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• porkbone

• CMunger

Anyone been to the gallery yet? Go see Wannagrips top score! :yikes

Wgrip has so far blown away the Powerball sites top score by over 3x

Over 56,000? Bill? Man I bet the Powerball owner will freak over this one

No, current record is 14550 rpm, Bill reached 11553.

What does the pic of 56,801 mean? Total rpms?

The Powerball keeps track of total rpms you rack up on it then?

Stupid device, brilliant idea :laugh

Once again i'll be happy to see my butt handed to me by genetic freaks three times my BW but I'll buy one ! :D

What does the pic of 56,801 mean?  Total rpms?

The Powerball keeps track of total rpms you rack up on it  then?

LOL, now I got it.

Turn the picture by 180 degrees. :laugh

Seems like the gripboard is going to generate considerable business for the powerballs company :cool

Going to get one after my vacation aswell...

Been reading posts on their forum, and as far as technique goes, it's like Bill says... the higher the RPM the less you need to flick your wrist, but instead grip the thing like crazy...

Oh, here's an interesting tidbit about a new metal powerball coming out:

"Hi guy's...yes...our metal friend...what a Powerball this is!

In truth, while there are a couple of working models of this particular powerball in circulation, they are unfortunately not for sale at this present time due to the radical change in production required to bring them on stream.

Sales of the current 250Hz model are very strong throughout the world at present and all capacity is currently being used to meet with demand for this product instead.

In time we expect that the metal ball will become available (it could well be 2005) and when it does, we will be sure to hearld its availability on this site. Just to point out however; this is an extremely precise tool and is likely to cost over Eur/US$100.00 when it finally makes it onto the marketplace due to the complex production procedure required - the upside however is that you will never experience anything quite like it! I have had the current 250Hz model up in the mid 14k levels on a few sessions at which point it is generating some seriously gut wrenching torque...the metal version on the other hand feels capable of pulling out stumps of trees, it's generating so much torque and will surely be used by NASA in future to send guys to the moon! This Powerball can hit speeds of over 17k and with the heavier rotor will really do some serious building work on your arms...(I hope that this addresses your query satisfactorily Lee)

Thanks for visiting the site guy's - and thank you also for your business with us - we greatly appreciate it.

Regards Rory"

QUOTE (zcor @ Jul 4 2004, 02:05 AM)

What does the pic of 56,801 mean?  Total rpms?

The Powerball keeps track of total rpms you rack up on it  then?

LOL, now I got it.

Turn the picture by 180 degrees. 

Sheeeesh... I must have no common sense :help confused that one

Did not even notice it was turned :tongue (Too much pre 4th July Jack Daniels)

Thanks FrankyBoy

You're a cocky one aren't you?  I'm not interested in a pissing match here, and I have certainly not done any naysaying  of a friendly competition.  I recall saying "Not that it will deter me, I'm just curious." 

Of course anything that increases strength is a strength builder, but will not necessarily build a great deal.  That's it, not a big deal.  A little strength or a lot, I don't care, I'm still interested.  I was just curious.  I appreciate the answer, but I didn't appreciate "Read my posts."  If I took it out of context I apologize, but I took it as: It's there in black and white for you.  I read them, there was no answer for me there.

The site said it was a flick of the wrist.  How should I know whether it's no mere flick.  Now I know.  Thank You. :dry

I don't know where you got "cocky" out of my post (cocky about what? I have nothing to be cocky about) and there's nothing to have a pissing match about frankly. :calm

You took it out of context. :cool

Porkbone, let me know what your PR is and we can start the GripBoard top 20. :)

As of about 5 minutes ago, 10677. I couldn't believe the score when I looked at it! The sound wasn't nearly as loud as some of my lower-scoring attempts. Have you experienced this?

And Snott, I've read they can be purchased at some Sharper Image stores.

Not really, but it's hard to tell when you are straining like heck. :)

When I hit 11,000, I just knew I had a good run because the ball hit a new high pitch.

just watched the powerball video posted here, COOL, even if I never go for 14000rpm's I gotta have one, just because it's COOL :rock

I have the green one that has no display. But it looks like I will be getting one like that. Here's a tip. It might sound dumb but I have found that if I relax my muscle in my arm the gyro spins faster.

sigh....more money to spend...thanks wanna. I'm sending you the bill :kiss

If this thing takes some serious hand strength, i wonder who those people in the Top 60 are, and what they could possibly do to the grippers we use and nails we bend.

Anybody know what happens when one slips out of your hands at 14k rpm? Seems like it might go nuts and break itself on something, or maybe it just spins like a top?

Anybody know what happens when one slips out of your hands at 14k rpm? Seems like it might go nuts and break itself on something, or maybe it just spins like a top?

My guess it would fly out of your hands and potentially break something in it's path.

Welcome to Rory of Powerballs.com. I just enabled him. He runs the powerballs site.

I am very interested in buying a powerball!The one thing that is holding me back is that the company is in Ireland!How is the service from this site?Any problems?

Wannagrip,

Where did you get your powerball?

powerballs.com is where I got mine.

I am very interested in buying a powerball!The one thing that is holding me back is that the company is in Ireland!How is the service from this site?Any problems?

you don't need to order them from Ireland!

http://scpowerballs.com/

They don't get shipped from Ireland. Mine was shipped from within the U.S. and got here in 3 days. However, the site OldGuy points out does sell them.

Holy shit, I am such a nerd. I am buying one.

When you get done working with it a few days in a row, you'll realize you are no nerd Bob. It is SMOKING my hands and forearms.