It's Time For The Gripboard To Dominate Once Again

Bill Piche

I just found on the site, there is volume pricing. If we're going to get serious about this, we might as well save some money. The discouts are pretty substantial just for buying 3 at a time. I'm sure we could order more than 10 at once. Now who wants to organize that? Not I, it was a workout just to think up such a brilliant plan. :tongue

Click on "regular volume pricing"

http://www.powerballs.com/affiliates.php#

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• porkbone

• CMunger

:whacked Alright, hope your happy.  I'm interested now, but what the heck is it?  I realize it's a gyroscope, but how do you propel it.  All I can get from the website so far is that you flick your wrist?  Does it build strength?  I can probably go curl 5lbs. who knows how many times and not build strenth.  Not that it will deter me, I'm just curious.

Read my posts. It is a serious grip tool when used properly. :)

You "stir" at the wrist like you are stirring a pot. That's the motion. However, you cannot break your wrist or you will never hit the high numbers and forces. The higher the RPM's the more force. The deflections become almost imperceptable but the force is high.

As I said, you have to really try and mash the thing while doing the deflections at the wrist.

I'll try and do a video this weekend to demonstrate.

I have emailed the owner of the site (Rory) and told him about "us" here at the GripBoard and to "watch out!"

:rock

Those with great wrist strength AND crushing strength will do very well on this right from the start.

The dictator, General Piche, is leading his massive army of merciless, super-human gripsters against yet another defenseless company. Don't bother to fret, it's already over. Nuclear rule changes cannot even stop them, MUHAHAHAHA! :stuart

Read my posts. It is a serious grip tool when used properly. 

I saw the posts, but simply making the lower arms sore does not mean an increase in strength, or at least not a major one. Heavy work does that. They are talking about a flick of the wrist and I'd pay to see someone flick a red nail closed, and fear him as well. :ohmy:)

Read my posts. It is a serious grip tool when used properly. 

I saw the posts, but simply making the lower arms sore does not mean an increase in strength, or at least not a major one. Heavy work does that. They are talking about a flick of the wrist and I'd pay to see someone flick a red nail closed, and fear him as well. :ohmy:)

HAHAHAH!

Sheesh. :blink

It's no wrist flicking. This takes serious hand power to get high RPM's on that top 60 list on the site. ANY implement that you can progressively use to increase strength is a strength builder.

We are talking about a friendly GripBoard challenge and competition. Since you seem to be the naysayer, stand by the sidelines and observe. :cool

I've put up a video of me starting and spinning my Powerball, it's at:

http://members.cox.net/mwayne/powerball.wmv

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion. I could only record 30 seconds worth of video, so the ball is probably only at around 8000 RPM. I can't wait to hear what 14000 RPM sounds like!

That's right! Everyone who does not jump on this bandwagon right away without question is doomed to be an outcast forever! You suck! :laugh

Woodchuck, the way it works is that the faster you spin it, the more gyroscopic force is created, and you have to hang onto it or else it will fly out of your hand. When you get to the higher RPM's, even a small flick of the wrist will increase the RPMs and make it even harder to hang on to. Seems like you have to stabilize your wrist quite a bit while trying to crush the thing to death or else it won't be effective.

I've put up a video of me starting and spinning my Powerball, it's at:

http://members.cox.net/mwayne/powerball.wmv

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion.  I could only record 30 seconds worth of video, so the ball is probably only at around 8000 RPM.  I can't wait to hear what 14000 RPM sounds like!

I guess I don't have to demo now.

The force on the arm goes up as the RPM's go up. Mike is creating the RPM's by the wrist deflections. Note how small they are. He has to literally crush the ball with full force to attain the speed/force.

Mike, you hand start I see. You just slide your full hand and pull the ball away at the same time?

That's right! Everyone who does not jump on this bandwagon right away without question is doomed to be an outcast forever! You suck! :laugh

HAH! :laugh

Mike, you hand start I see. You just slide your full hand and pull the ball away at the same time?

I push the ball away from me and pull my flat empty hand towards me. It takes a little practice, but after a few tries you should get it going. I know some people start by rolling them on their forearms, or even using just a thumb flick! Can't put it down yet, can you? ;)

I push the ball away from me and pull my flat empty hand towards me. It takes a little practice, but after a few tries you should get it going. I know some people start by rolling them on their forearms, or even using just a thumb flick! Can't put it down yet, can you? ;)

No, I can't. :help:help

And, as you know, it can blast your grip big time.

HEHEHEHE powerball! It's my friend. Everyone needs this thing in their toy box.

I just watched the video and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!

HEHEHEHE powerball! It's my friend. Everyone needs this thing in their toy box.

You have a genuine powerball Steve? What's your PR if you do? Let's get this board competition going! :mosher

Porkbone, let me know what your PR is and we can start the GripBoard top 20. :)

Boy, is this topic timely!! :yikes

I went to Galyan's today specifically to look for this product, since I was told it was there.

I found a similar product called Dyna-Flex. It is just like the PowerBall, except it doesn't have a RPM counter. I didn't buy it because of that reason.

Now all of a sudden, Wild Bill has a new grip toy.... and he's BRAGGING about it - AND challenging the rest of us! :angry: Now you've really got my interest!

O.K., O.K. .... twist my arm! I'll get one!! Sheesh!! :tongue

I'm looking around to try to find out where I can buy this thing locally. It seems like the only place you can get it on the 'net is at the PowerBall website itself.

They have a Top60 score list... the top 60 scores worldwide are displayed - the lowest score is 13,788 (I think we can beat that). They also list the name of the person who set the score and what their "sport" is (Golf, Basketball, Baseball, etc.).

I think once we start setting the new PowerBall records, we should list as our sport as - GripMaster! :D

HAHAHAH!

Sheesh. 

It's no wrist flicking. This takes serious hand power to get high RPM's on that top 60 list on the site. ANY implement that you can progressively use to increase strength is a strength builder.

We are talking about a friendly GripBoard challenge and competition. Since you seem to be the naysayer, stand by the sidelines and observe.

You're a cocky one aren't you? I'm not interested in a pissing match here, and I have certainly not done any naysaying of a friendly competition. I recall saying "Not that it will deter me, I'm just curious."

Of course anything that increases strength is a strength builder, but will not necessarily build a great deal. That's it, not a big deal. A little strength or a lot, I don't care, I'm still interested. I was just curious. I appreciate the answer, but I didn't appreciate "Read my posts." If I took it out of context I apologize, but I took it as: It's there in black and white for you. I read them, there was no answer for me there.

The site said it was a flick of the wrist. How should I know whether it's no mere flick. Now I know. Thank You. :dry

Sounds like a good idea Bill. I'm gona get one of those as I can.

Porkbone, let me know what your PR is and we can start the GripBoard top 20. :)

As of about 5 minutes ago, 10677. I couldn't believe the score when I looked at it! The sound wasn't nearly as loud as some of my lower-scoring attempts. Have you experienced this?

And Snott, I've read they can be purchased at some Sharper Image stores.

I shall step up to the challenge with bravery and honor, as soon as I get one, that is.

As of about 5 minutes ago, 10677. I couldn't believe the score when I looked at it!

Watch it Michael, rule #4...