1 set(s) x 10 x CoC S (43lb) 
1 set(s) x 8 x HG 150 
1 set(s) x 3 x CoC T (61lb) 
1 set(s) x 2 x CoC 0.5 (73lb) 
1 set(s) x 1 x CoC 1 (80lb)
1 set(s) x 3 x CoC 0.5 (73lb) 
3 set(s) x 5 x CoC T (61lb) 

Expand your hands
1 set(s) x 10 x IM white band (Right / Left)
1 set(s) x 10 x IM green band (Right / Left)
1 set(s) x 5 x IM yellow band (Right / Left)
3 set(s) x 10 x IM green band (Right / Left)
3 set(s) x 10 x IM white band (Right / Left)

Gada
10-2 swings - two handed
2 set(s) gada 140cm - 6,5kg
1 set(s) gada 140cm - 8kg
1 set(s) gada 140cm - 10kg

I'm noticing that recovering is getting better. When I started 2 weeks ago I had to rest for one week after the thickbar and gripper training. This time I will only train when my hands/fore arms feel fully recovered. Don't want to risk injury again. 

Did somewhat heavier volume training with the grippers. Right is stronger than left (in contrast with my thickbar training). The extensors are a lot weaker and that's why in the past I was susceptible to inury. This time I'm paying more attention to antagonistics and wrist work.  

The indian club and gada training combined with grip create a great synergy. They do wonders for the body, create the perfect warmup and lubricate the joints and decrease all the tensions around the joints and delicate tissues. 

Edited by Grind
  • Like 5

Rotating Deadlift - GRIND Handle
1 set(s) x 6 x 40kg
3 set(s) x 6 x 36kg
3 set(s) x 6 x 32kg

Indian Club
2 set(s) IB2 club - 0,75kg
2 set(s) Spalding club - 1,1kg

Gada
10-2 swings - two handed
3 set(s) gada 140cm - 6,5kg

Bulgarian bag spin (L/R)
3 set(s) x 8 x 5kg

Dexterity Balls
2 set(s) x 20 x 2 balls (50mm / 0,5kg)
2 set(s) x 20 x 2 balls (65mm / 1kg)

Did some self dry-needling on my right hand and had to give my hand an extra day to recover. Forearms are feeling fresh. 

• Like 1

Indian Club
1 set(s) IB2 club - 0,75kg

Floor rotations - Silarukov hamer 
2 set(s) x 12 x 3,25kg
1 set(s) x 12 x 3,5kg

Plate curl
3 set(s) x 10 x 6,25kg

Barbel wrist curl (2 hands) - flexors 
1 set(s) x 20 x 20kg
2 set(s) x 15 x 22,5kg

Plate wrist curl (1 hand) - extensors
3 set(s) x 15 x 1,75kg

Kettlebell bottom up press
3 set(s) x 8 x 14kg

Zottman curl - Fat Gripz (50mm)
3 set(s) x 8 x 10kg

On all events I gained some power but my arms were wasted when I got to the KB bup. 

• Like 3

Interesting, it's not often I come across a gripster that uses a Bulgarian bag. 

I use a 25kg and it's one of those cheap ones with slightly fatter handles than the Suples original. It's also lop sided so I have to switch sides between sets, and I quite like this as it makes it maximally harder for whichever hand bears the most weight on a particular set. 

I think grip wise the spins provide the most stimulus so that's what I do. Finger flexors and thumb mostly, but also the brachioradialis and whatever intrinsic hand muscles are required to control it. I guess it hits some wrist to a degree too, but that's not where I feel it. 

I think that if in some weird hypothetical world I was limited to one grip dominant exercise, this would be it. Maybe (or thick grip pull ups...).

Has to be heavy though. I really want a Suples 30kg bag, and if I'm really brave I may fatten the handles... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

I use a 25kg and it's one of those cheap ones with slightly fatter handles than the Suples original. It's also lop sided so I have to switch sides between sets, and I quite like this as it makes it maximally harder for whichever hand bears the most weight on a particular set. 

I think grip wise the spins provide the most stimulus so that's what I do. Finger flexors and thumb mostly, but also the brachioradialis and whatever intrinsic hand muscles are required to control it. I guess it hits some wrist to a degree too, but that's not where I feel it. 

I think that if in some weird hypothetical world I was limited to one grip dominant exercise, this would be it. Maybe (or thick grip pull ups...).

Has to be heavy though. I really want a Suples 30kg bag, and if I'm really brave I may fatten the handles... 

i've always wanted to try one.. I used sandbags for years as my main way to work out... I got up to 180lbs, and then stopped.. But i'm starting again with them.  While nothing crazy, for a while I could do he 160lbs on the shoulder and then hold kettle bells in each hand..  I think i got up to 32kg in one hand and the 160lbs sandbag on the shoulder for timed walks.. Time to get that strength back! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

i've always wanted to try one.. I used sandbags for years as my main way to work out... I got up to 180lbs, and then stopped.. But i'm starting again with them.  While nothing crazy, for a while I could do he 160lbs on the shoulder and then hold kettle bells in each hand..  I think i got up to 32kg in one hand and the 160lbs sandbag on the shoulder for timed walks.. Time to get that strength back! 

That's serious weight to throw about, not to mention holding kettlebells at the same time. I use a 120lbs sandbag and that's strenuous enough. No handles, and I guess yours didn't have handles either. Great for open hand strength, right?

The Bulgarian bag is different in that it is very much a "live" object, like holding onto a bull. Despite grip training, when I first tried a BB I felt pains through the hand, as though it had exposed the fact I'd been doing lots of isolation for grip but hadn't practiced any motion to link the strengths together to form a functional, adaptable grip. Best way I can describe it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

That's serious weight to throw about, not to mention holding kettlebells at the same time. I use a 120lbs sandbag and that's strenuous enough. No handles, and I guess yours didn't have handles either. Great for open hand strength, right?

The Bulgarian bag is different in that it is very much a "live" object, like holding onto a bull. Despite grip training, when I first tried a BB I felt pains through the hand, as though it had exposed the fact I'd been doing lots of isolation for grip but hadn't practiced any motion to link the strengths together to form a functional, adaptable grip. Best way I can describe it.

Yeah just army duffel bags. I have them loaded so it’s even more difficult.  For awhile I could walk with 100lbs plus for a long time. I can’t remember how long or weights so I’d be lying if I said. I’m very strong holding stuff in a “bear hug” position and on my shoulders. I can move certain heavy objects easier myself than I can with help, just due to knowing how to manipulate the weight. For the last few years my sandbag training has been minimal but I’m getting back into it.

i do miss the training but I was getting very banged up. Going to go much smarter about it now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Indian Club
2 set(s) IB2 club - 0,75kg

Crush - grippers
Right hand
1 set(s) x 10 x HG 150 
1 set(s) x 5 x CoC T (61lb) 
1 set(s) x 3 x CoC 1 (80lb) 
2 set(s) x 5 x CoC 1 (80lb) 
3 set(s) x 5 x CoC 0.5 (73lb) 

Left hand
1 set(s) x 10 x HG 150 
1 set(s) x 5 x CoC T (61lb) 
1 set(s) x 1 x CoC 1 (80lb)
1 set(s) x 4 x CoC 0.5 (73lb) 
1 set(s) x 5 x CoC 0.5 (73lb) 
3 set(s) x 5 x CoC T (61lb) 

Expand your hands
1 set(s) x 10 x IM white band (Right / Left)
1 set(s) x 10 x IM green band (Right / Left)
1 set(s) x 5 x IM yellow band (Right / Left)
3 set(s) x 10 x IM green band (Right / Left)
3 set(s) x 10 x IM white band (Right / Left)

Gada
10-2 swings - two handed
4 set(s) gada 140cm - 6,5kg

Had to pull away from training because I'm plastering my pool with a cement mortar. This is taxing my hand and forearms a lot. Last training I did in May caused a lot of pain and tension in my elbows. I'm not risking injury and had to get the job done so building was enough training for my hands at that moment. 

Have not lost any power, felt even a little bit stronger on the grippers. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 5:03 PM, Gripperer said:

Wow 25kg bulgarian bag? With gada and Bulgarian bag swings I'm keeping the weights light. For me they are not a type of exercise to grind heavy weights but to swing fast, explosive en very supple. It's the fast twitch between contract and release, like the way they train in martial arts. Good to see another B-bag enthusiast. 

On 5/30/2022 at 5:47 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I have done strongman in the past and trained with sandbags up to 250lbs but those days are gone. Now I have lighter bags, up to 110lbs and lift them grond to shoulder up to 10 reps both side. Very taxing exercise but love it. 

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 8:49 PM, Grind said:

Wow 25kg bulgarian bag? With gada and Bulgarian bag swings I'm keeping the weights light. For me they are not a type of exercise to grind heavy weights but to swing fast, explosive en very supple. It's the fast twitch between contract and release, like the way they train in martial arts. Good to see another B-bag enthusiast. 

I have done strongman in the past and trained with sandbags up to 250lbs but those days are gone. Now I have lighter bags, up to 110lbs and lift them grond to shoulder up to 10 reps both side. Very taxing exercise but love it. 

250lbs, now that is a big bag and way beyond my level. 

Yes, I think your preference for a lighter Bulgarian bag is more in line with how the inventor intended it to be used, but I can't help experimenting, so I'm using the 25kg as a kind of strength exercise leaning in the cardio direction (as opposed to a cardio exercise leaning in the strength direction). 

Generally, because my routine consists of other stuff, I stick to just spins because I find the torque/transverse benefits for the hips and shoulders really useful. 

So typically my "pull" day features of 60 swings alternating from one side to the other. I'm actually desperate for a 30kg bag but they are ridiculous prices!

I have to say I feel quite comfortable with the 25kg now, although I stick to sets of 12 (6 each side) and try to keep the rest at around one minute. The grip fatigue is immense, particularly when I've already done thick grip pull ups and other bits.. 

• Like 2