Az Cactus Grip 2012 - Event Planning

acorn

I'm definitely in. I stopped down to Aaron's on Sunday, and had a blast training with you guys.

Just out of curiosity, do we have an estimate for how many people will show up?

I'm definitely in. I stopped down to Aaron's on Sunday, and had a blast training with you guys.

Just out of curiosity, do we have an estimate for how many people will show up?

Thanks!

Hard to know at this point. I would guess somewhere between 10 and 25. Depends on how much interest I can generate from the crossfitters, etc.

- Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I have the Entry form up on the website now including pay by Paypal option upon form submittal. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. No sponsors at this point since I'm not going asking any this year but I'm trying to make something special for the top 5 overall in addition to the class trophies which I'm gonna try to make as well. More details as we get closer.

- Aaron

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I have the Entry form up on the website now including pay by Paypal option upon form submittal. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. No sponsors at this point since I'm not going asking any this year but I'm trying to make something special for the top 5 overall in addition to the class trophies which I'm gonna try to make as well. More details as we get closer.

- Aaron

Done :D

- Aaron

Done :D

Got it, thanks! Looking forward to having you guys out!

- Aaron

Hi Aaron,

When I try to submit my registration, it generates a popup window that says "undefin..." with no other information. I have all the fields filled out. Is there a compatibility issue with Google Chrome at all?

I just tried IE, and it said "undefined!" Better spelling, but same result ;).

Hi Aaron,

When I try to submit my registration, it generates a popup window that says "undefin..." with no other information. I have all the fields filled out. Is there a compatibility issue with Google Chrome at all?

I had not tested it with google chrome. I can email you the paypal info if you just want to do it that way. I will see what I can do to fix that. Prolly the javascript validation functions I put in there today to validate the submissions. Have had issues with spammers in the past.

Thanks,

Aaron

I just tried IE, and it said "undefined!" Better spelling, but same result ;).

Interesting, I tested with IE 8, 9 and firefox. I just tried it with IE 9 and had no issue.

Also I would like to add Jason Steeves as a contest sponsor. Thank you for your very generous donation.

-Aaron

I figured it out. It didn't like spaces in the telephone number.

I figured it out. It didn't like spaces in the telephone number.

Ok, I think I can fix that sometime in the next few days. I got your entry and payment.

So here is the signed up and paid list.

Aaron Corcorran

Jason Steeves

Martin Braun

I want to thank Randall Strossen and Ironmind for asking to sponsor the contest! They are donating some items for prizes.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Here is the signed up and paid list.

Aaron Corcorran

Jason Steeves

Martin Braun

Rich MacLean

• 1 month later...

Here is the signed up and paid list.

Aaron Corcorran

Jason Steeves

Martin Braun

Rich MacLean

Zach Lister

A little over 2 1/2 weeks to go guys! Get your entries in now otherwise you may get stuck with the xtra small tshirt when I run out of normal sized ones. Tim had the tshirt graphics done and boy do they look awesome!

- Aaron

• Like 1

Sweet! Can't wait. I haven't improved much on things since Jan, but I'm stoked nonetheless.

By the way, I think Derek said he might be able to attend. Apparently he's not going to the Strongman event he was planning on going to.

Sweet! Can't wait. I haven't improved much on things since Jan, but I'm stoked nonetheless.

By the way, I think Derek said he might be able to attend. Apparently he's not going to the Strongman event he was planning on going to.

Yep, thats what he said when I talked to him last week.

Additional sponser:

Andy Thomas has been kind enough to send out a dozen bent horse shoes for the trophy sculptures I've going to make.

Thanks Andy!

- Aaron

How much is an entry fee, and is there any charge to just come to the comp. to hang out with legends, and get tips and tricks?

Edited by Idiedintothe

How much is an entry fee, and is there any charge to just come to the comp. to hang out with legends, and get tips and tricks?

Entry fee is $30 via paypal or $35 day of the contest cash. No charge to come and hang out but you will wish you entered. These comps are a ton of fun and you will learn more in the course of the comp by guys like me giving you pointers on how to better your efforts than you will in a year training on your own. Seriously.

Entry form and more details here: http://www.az-grip.com/contests.php

- Aaron

Enter the comp. bud. There's a ton more to learn by participating.

(null)

Hey Aaron, i know I said I was going to make it but I'm getting creamed with school work. I got a 30 page paper due around then and money is running low. Sorry man. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be at nationals if anyone plans on competing there.