silver bullet holds coc#3 3 each hand

30kg blob two hand holds 3 sets hard way 3 sets easy way

Behind back axle wrist curls 91kg x 6 then two drops

Sledge hammer front deadlifts 4 singles each hand

Sledge front wrist curl drop set each hand

Sledge lever to face drop set each hand

September 4th 2012

3 supersets front cross overs / side laterals with heavy black band

This was about all i could do for upper body. I hurt my back at the end of the last workout. Dont tend to mention warm ups so wasnt logged but i was going to do some deads on the axle to finish off and i hurt something in my back. As always with light weight (61kg). It's been causing me a good amount of discomfort. Have been struggling to lock my hips through and bend down at times. I have had to have a couple days off work/it has improved.

Back in work today. Injury still there but significantly better than it was. Think this was due to tight hamstrings from working 2 weeks without a day off.

September 6th 2012

One arm hangs 3" smooth bar 3 sets each hand (broke 30 second mark)

Wide 2 hand pinch holds 3 sets

One hand pinch holds 3 sets each hand

Front lever/rear lever wrist curls 3 supersets

September 8th 2012

3 giant sets side lateral/front raise/reverse grip push up/close grip push up 8 reps each

Couldnt get to a gym so did impromt workout. Back is feeling a lot better.

September 9th 2012

Sarah

Britains strongest woman 2012

Event one - arm over arm (van x15m)

Thought this would be good event for her, it was, 3rd place, would have got second but she managed to do the typical women lift heavy an break nail thing at the end (kind of trying to prove otherwise haha).

Event 2 - log press

We didnt know what she could do since she hasnt tried the kind of log the 50kg was but tried it, elbows were way down so couldnt do it. Droped down to the 40kg an did that for the rest. Is strong overhead but technique let her down here. Also reinjured her back/shoulder.

Event 3 - deadlift

Being in and out of chiro with her back for basically all of her limited training, she had only managed 110kg for 1 rep and 100kg for 2. We of course went for the 100kg weight and not the 120kg. She did 13 reps! Pretty crazy. In hindsight 120kg would have been better but no idea where this strength came from.

Event 4 - farmers walk

Absolutely motered with 60kg a hand but left arm (shoulder) didnt hold out with the 80's. Real shame as foot speed was nuts.

Event 5 - loading

This event was changed to block loading and carrying the wheel barrow. She again messed the technique up big time (first comp nerves so no surprise) and this cost her another top 3 finish. She almost finished it with brute strength anyway.

Event 7 - stones

They had a 90 and i think it was actually a 70 or 80 as i could hardly tell the difference between them. She tried that one, again, technique went out window with her nerves and she tried to curl it haha ended up doing it pure brute strength again but took half the stone in dust with her so then had no tacky. She rep'd out the smaller stone to finish.

Overall - 6th place

Unfortunately with lack of training due to injuries and uni work (this unfortunately fell virtually on the day of her final dissertation) as well as first competition nerves she didnt place as well as she could have. However i was extremely impressed with her strength and speed, if she gets some proper training in for next year she could win it.

September 10th 2012

Just me

One legged squats to +20kg x 8/8

Adjustable thick bar

Silver bullet holds

Two hand pinch

Sledge hammer front wrist curls 3 drops sets each

Giant set bar push ups with red band then drop to bodyweight, 20kg plate raise, 7kg hammer laterals, 41kg axle curls

Sarah. Great deadlift!! With your guidance I think she definitly can become super strong. Must be great sharing the same passion.

Yeah, she says she wants to be worlds strongest woman someday so will do my best to get her there.

Am pulling out of britains most powerful hands to do manchesters strongest man comp (saves a bunch of money and 7-8 hour drive). Am gutted to not be doing it but manc comp should be good too. Since i'm not giving anything away to competitors can now say i did 1 minute 6 on silver bullet and deadlift 7k hammer from 25" 4 singles. Was hoping to destroy those events as well as frame (have held 160k farmers 47 seconds in past), thickbar and pinch have been feeling good also.

September 12th 2012

Strict log 63kg triples then 45kg x 10

Bar push ups log grip +red band x 4, drop bw x 6

Lateral raises black band x 7 drop red band x 5

Events of Manchesters strongest man (105kg division)

Saturday

- deadlift 250kg for reps

- log press 110kg for reps

- 110kg farmers walk & 250kg frame carry

- 320-350kg tyre flip & 270kg yoke

Sunday

- block loading wheel barrow carry medley, 100, 110, 120kg blocks

- hercules hold 150kg each hand

- fingals finger 220kg 5 flips

- stones 100, 110, 120, 130, 145kg

Cant edit but missed block press medley 90,100,110kg on sunday - 9 events total

September 17th 2012

Sarah

Log push press to (very awkward) 42.5kg for sets of 3

Grippers wide 3 sets each hand with trainer (getting stronger)

Back squats to 60kg x ??

blockweight holds x 3 sets

Plate wrist curls x 3 sets

Deadlift to 102.5kg x 6 (trying not to hitch)

lying leg curls 3 sets 10 reps

Strong but needs to go chiro again.

Me

log push press triples to 67.5kg plus bands

log strict 47.5kg x 12

One legged squats upto +40kg x 1/1 then drop to

+25kg x 5/5

25kg block pinch cleans then holds 3 sets

Speed deadlift 62.5kg x 5, 102.5kg x 3, 142.5kg x 3

Block deadlift 182.5kg x 3, 202.5kg x 10

Deadlift 142.5kg x many

Close grip chins 2 sets 10-12

Lying leg curl 3 drop set

Wrist curls 15kg blocks x ?? Drop 7.5kg plates x ?

Barbell hold overhand 3 drop set 162.5kg, 122.5kg, 62.5kg

Cable cross over x 8

Beat to ****

Forgot barbell curl 52.5kg x 8

Have seen there's £2000 up for grabs for winning englands strongest man u90kg (under 200lbs) next year. Took a look into the u90k division and recent europes strongest man was a big success, 2 day event, filmed for eurosport and other channels. I'm thinking is worth a crack as i would fancy my chances at this weight. If i can do 320k deadlift in power suit and 260kg raw squat i don't think anyone would beat me but could be wrong. Would be pleased to be worlds strongest man u90k, i think it's a much healthier weight. I would like to cert 4 at under 200lbs as well.

Really sore from last training, more tomorrow.

Is now going to be a manchesters strongest woman competition as well so sarah most likely going to do that.

September 20th 2012

Fasted cardio stepper with bands doing presses and curls, alternate with squats - we did 90 seconds on one then switch for 10 minutes

• 3 weeks later...

October 8th 2012

Been terrible at updating sorry, meant to last couple sundays (only time i have pc at mo) but was too busy.

I now can't do manchester comp either as is my mothers 50th birthday party on same day. Gutted especially since is being covered by muscle & fitness magazine. Training is going well, trying to simplify things somewhat. Working hard on log press and have started using fat gripz. Sarah has been struggling with her back but pressing gains coming on well. Will log tomorrow.

October 10th 2012

Bit of a different workout today as sarah needs chiro again. Back to basics next time. Will start logging PB's.

Sarah

(no belt)

Rotator cuff/light lateral raises 2 sets

Strict plate press 30kg w/ blue band 3 x 3 PB

viking press several sets

Close grip bench press 47.5kg x 2 PB plus drop

Leg press 8 plates x 10 PB

Hammer mid row 2 plates x 8

Shrugs farmer grip 4 sets

One arm dumbbell row 23kg x 8,8 PB then 6,6

Cable cross over curls superset chest with drops

Me

(no belt)

Log push press w/ bands to 67.5kg x 5,4,5 PB

Viking press 122.5kg x 5 PB

Close grip bench press paused 82.5kg x 10

Leg press wide stance 16 plates x ??

Hammer mid row 6 plates x ?? with drop

Shrugs farmer grip 4 sets

Hyper extension w/ three 20kg plates x 11 PB

Cable cross over curls superset chest with drops

October 17th 2012

Log clean & push press w/ bands 67.5kg x 6 PB

Log strict press w/ bands 52.5kg x 7 PB

Grippers ccs to lvl 16 either hand

Deep set to lvl 18 left, lvl 19 right

RB330 x 8,6 right

coc3 x 20 right, 15 left

Got a flu injection yesterday, has made my left shoulder/neck/trap really sore today and feel beat down in general from it also, really struggling to get air in. Mine is second hardest vulcan i tried, lvl 19 is roughly lvl 22 on davids original gripper used in comps. Was steves best ever close on it and it was easy so happy with that. I reckon i can do 40 total on it.

Doing more at gym with sarah in a bit.

October 17th 2012

Log clean & push press w/ bands 67.5kg x 6 PB

Log strict press w/ bands 52.5kg x 7 PB

Grippers ccs to lvl 16 either hand

Deep set to lvl 18 left, lvl 19 right

RB330 x 8,6 right

coc3 x 20 right, 15 left

Got a flu injection yesterday, has made my left shoulder/neck/trap really sore today and feel beat down in general from it also, really struggling to get air in. Mine is second hardest vulcan i tried, lvl 19 is roughly lvl 22 on davids original gripper used in comps. Was steves best ever close on it and it was easy so happy with that. I reckon i can do 40 total on it.

Doing more at gym with sarah in a bit.

SICK gripper work Paul. Level 16 CCS both hands? :sick::bow

Thanks. Lvl 16 ccs's were more of a final warm up than anything though, lvl 18 was doable i reckon.

sarah

(no belt)

Barbell push press 48kg x 5 PB, 3, 4

Grippers to coc1 deep set to 1mm each hand, coct x reps each hand

Floor press 42.5kg x 5

Back squats 22.5kg 4 sets

Deadlift 62.5kg 4 sets

Romanian deadlift / shrug 42.5kg, 52.5kg first set fat gripz

Underhand pull down drop set superset machine row drop set fat gripz on both

Cable cross over curls superset chest

Me

(no belt)

Floor press 102.5kg x 7

Back squat 62.5kg 4 sets

Deadlift to 122.5kg for couple sets

Romanian deadlift / shrug 102.5kg, 142.5kg fat gripz first set

Underhand pull down drop set superset machine row drop set both with fat gripz

Cable cross over curls superset chest

Couldn't breath so no 500m rows still. Droping the weights way down on squats and deads, working on form.

October 23rd 2012

(no belt)

log w/ bands:

c&pp 72.5kg x 5 pb

pp 62.5kg x 8

one motions w/ fat gripz 62.5kg x 3 pb

axle squats 61kg x 6,6,6

axle deadlifts 91kg, 113.5kg, 135kg x 6

push ups w/ red band x 6 drop bw x 6

• 2 months later...

December 28th 2012

Not updated im ages because i really have not been able to train hardly at all and have done nothing grip related as far as training goes. Works been crazy busy and very hard. I tried grippers christmas eve, right hand i did 20 reps on #3 to warm up then straight for medium #4 which was no problem. Couldnt find my camera so only got webcam vids an not the best clarity. Am gonna be training grip and wrists for northern englands qualifier of 105's in april. Decided to do 105's instead of 90's pretty much because i like the events. My bodyweight is between 110-112kg now, have been bulking. Will maybe see if i can get good vid of hg500 close next session or something.

• Like 3

December 28th 2012

Not updated im ages because i really have not been able to train hardly at all and have done nothing grip related as far as training goes. Works been crazy busy and very hard. I tried grippers christmas eve, right hand i did 20 reps on #3 to warm up then straight for medium #4 which was no problem. Couldnt find my camera so only got webcam vids an not the best clarity. Am gonna be training grip and wrists for northern englands qualifier of 105's in april. Decided to do 105's instead of 90's pretty much because i like the events. My bodyweight is between 110-112kg now, have been bulking. Will maybe see if i can get good vid of hg500 close next session or something.

Nah Paul, just something showing a #4 close would be good...everyone knows that HGs are all over the place, could be only a #3.5...which is huge but still not a #4! ;)