• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• kilkkinen

Thanks very much for your support Stew! Great start for Steve!

Sam, I think it would be good if you post this on SDF if you havn't already as many of the guys on there know Steve and the support both himself and Mike have given to strongman so would probably be glad to help.

1. Jose Jara (Spain)

2. Sam Solomi (Great Britain)

3. Chris James (Great Britain)

4. Matti Heiskanen (Finland)

5. Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

6. Stefan Falke (Germany)

7. Martin Ressel (Germany)

8. Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

9. Gabriel Sum (Germany)

Edited by Burkhard Macht

@ all competitors: Is there anyone who can 2hand pinch more than 100kg? If yes, please let me know - so Hermann Korte can buy enough 10kg calibrated competition plates!

Yes. If I am able to come I am aiming for around 107.5-kilos or better.

Then You should sign up asap - Hermann has to make an order for the plates soon. But if that does not work for You we will have to use some additional uncalibrated plates which will be calibrated after the comp. It just does not make sense to buy too many 10kg Ivanko plates which cost ~200 Euros each if You don't know if there will be a 100kg+ pincher. But this compromise should work for us!

Then You should sign up asap - Hermann has to make an order for the plates soon. But if that does not work for You we will have to use some additional uncalibrated plates which will be calibrated after the comp. It just does not make sense to buy too many 10kg Ivanko plates which cost ~200 Euros each if You don't know if there will be a 100kg+ pincher. But this compromise should work for us!

Have you not read any of my posts?? 1) I asked for my name to be put down ages ago 2) I said I'm skint 3) Sam asked and I know a few have already helped (inc you and others in Germany with the room and a airport pick up) with a whip round (collection) towards my fair. I'm not entirely sure what the total is but Sam will be able to say whether or not there's enough in the kitty for the air fare.

Plus you don't need Ivanko plates. ANY plates will do providing they've been accurately weighed on a calibrated scale. You can use competition quality/calibrated/certified plates to test the scales accuracy and then use any old plates. Allowing for plus or minus 10g per 20-kilos (I think this is the level of accuracy most ask for) you then pop the old plates on and add them to your list. Finally make sure you add them to the bar and let the ref know the individual weights. Job done and no need for $200.00 a pop.

Jorge González of Spain wants to compete in this contest.

Burkhard, it's possible?

Yes! It's great to have the vice Spanish champ in! :rock

Have you not read any of my posts?? 1) I asked for my name to be put down ages ago 2) I said I'm skint 3) Sam asked and I know a few have already helped (inc you and others in Germany with the room and a airport pick up) with a whip round (collection) towards my fair. I'm not entirely sure what the total is but Sam will be able to say whether or not there's enough in the kitty for the air fare.

Plus you don't need Ivanko plates. ANY plates will do providing they've been accurately weighed on a calibrated scale. You can use competition quality/calibrated/certified plates to test the scales accuracy and then use any old plates. Allowing for plus or minus 10g per 20-kilos (I think this is the level of accuracy most ask for) you then pop the old plates on and add them to your list. Finally make sure you add them to the bar and let the ref know the individual weights. Job done and no need for $200.00 a pop.

I never read in the Euro thread that You asked for putting Your name on the list - but it could be my mistake. I was sure that money was the absolute limiting factor - I'm not sure if enough is collected already. Bur I'm happy to put Your name on the list! :rock

BTW it might be helpful if You take a very cheap flight!

1. Jose Jara (Spain)

2. Jorge González (Spain)

3. Sam Solomi (Great Britain)

4. Chris James (Great Britain)

5. Steve Gardener (Great Britain)

6. Matti Heiskanen (Finland)

7. Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

8. Stefan Falke (Germany)

9. Martin Ressel (Germany)

10. Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

11. Gabriel Sum (Germany)

I never read in the Euro thread that You asked for putting Your name on the list - but it could be my mistake. I was sure that money was the absolute limiting factor - I'm not sure if enough is collected already. Bur I'm happy to put Your name on the list! :rock

Of course. I'll speak to Sam. Also is there an entrance fee??

Great! Entrance fee? Hmm, if so it can't be that high. I'll ask Hermann for sure and post it asap! :rock

Great! Entrance fee? Hmm, if so it can't be that high. I'll ask Hermann for sure and post it asap! :rock

5 or 10 €!

Which one ha ha :blink

I asked Hermann and this was exactly his reply.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=133399200

check this out Steve coah journey to dusseldorff seems like a good idea.

So far we have raised £160. A massive thanks to all who have contributed. If anyone else would like to help out it would be much appreciated.

Edited by CoC#3

I'm def gonna contribute, but I've got to buy a car first, so how much will depend on that. What's the deadline for funds?

I'm awaiting a reply to a couple of questions from Sam. It might be we may have enough for the National Express tickets now (although 16+ hours on a coach...). Can I offer my thanks to those who've helped so far - cheers guys!!

I'm def gonna contribute, but I've got to buy a car first, so how much will depend on that. What's the deadline for funds?

No deadline Twig. Even if it after the journey is booked there are still extra costs like food whilst away for the whole weekend, beer, taxis to cheltenham station etc...

Visits to the red light district... buying the other lads a beer to drain their sorrows with and to wash the bitter taste of defeat from their mouths... :D He He