European Grip Championships

burkhardmacht

Hello David and the Mac,

thanks for asking , the arm is getting stronger all the time, but the psychological factor's the worst i think.

Nasty v bar !!!!

Thanks Burkhard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• CoC#3

• kilkkinen

Burkhard,

the grippers will be the Euro-grippers or with credit card?

and the texas power bar is like eleiko powerlifting bar? what is a good weight for the one hand dl in this bar?

Thanks!

Jose,

I hope David Horne and Martin Arildsson will send the grippers to Hermann Korte for the Europeans! If so, we would go for paralell set. If not, normal Ironmind grippers would be used - with a credit card set.

The texas power bar has an IPF license - so I assume it feels more or less comparable to the Eleiko bar (I never touched an Eleiko bar). A good weight would be 120-130kg and above. But I think Chris James is able to show some unreal performance here....

Are there any Swedes who would like to compete? Would be great to have You guys in Germany once again! :rock

Edited by Burkhard Macht

• 2 weeks later...

1. Jose Jara (Spain)

2. Sam Solomi (Great Britain)

3. Chris James (Great Britain)

4. Matti Heiskanen (Finland)

5. Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

6. Stefan Falke (Germany)

7. Martin Ressel (Germany)

8. Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

I'm proud to add Johan Albrektsson - a former world record holder in the vbar (left hand) - to this list of strong men! :)

Watch out everybody - this is a strong field of competitors!! :rock :rock :rock

1. Jose Jara (Spain)

2. Sam Solomi (Great Britain)

3. Chris James (Great Britain)

4. Matti Heiskanen (Finland)

5. Johan Albrektsson (Sweden)

6. Stefan Falke (Germany)

7. Martin Ressel (Germany)

8. Florian Kellersmann (Germany)

I'm proud to add Johan Albrektsson - a former world record holder in the vbar (left hand) - to this list of strong men! :)

Watch out everybody - this is a strong field of competitors!! :rock :rock :rock

Great to have you in, Johann! :rock Let me know if you need any help!

Filling up nicely.

Looks like a new name to add to the list.

2004 – Winner - David Horne (GB)

2005 – Winner - David Hurzeler (Swi)

2006 – Winner - Martin Arildsson (Swe)

2007 - No event

David

Filling up nicely.

2007 - No event

David

Hey David, you - like Martin and the Swiss - still have the chance to sign in and get the title back :D

Filling up nicely.

2007 - No event

David

Hey David, you - like Martin and the Swiss - still have the chance to sign in and get the title back :D

Indeed! It would be nice to see the former European Champions joining and see what they can do! :rock

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try convince another strong guy from Germany to compete! Keep the fingers crossed for me - hopefully I can convince him! :)

• 1 month later...

I hope Your preparation is going well! Keep training hard guys - there is not too much time left to improve on all events at the same time! Stay injury free, bros! :rock

I hope Your preparation is going well! Keep training hard guys - there is not too much time left to improve on all events at the same time! Stay injury free, bros! :rock

Thanks Burkhard. This contest is the main focus of my training now. Does it look like it's going to be euro grippers or CCS grippers?

Sam

Thanks Burkhard. This contest is the main focus of my training now. Does it look like it's going to be euro grippers or CCS grippers?

Sam

I hope getting the Euro grippers! David Horne kindly supports us with the 3,54 and the 3,65 gripper! Hopefully Martin Arildsson and Arne Persson will send grippers around 2,5 and 3,0.

The 3,8 was from Martin and Arne.

Edited by Burkhard Macht

There are two SE Grippers in sweden. A 3.81 and a 3.89. Chad Woodall is the one and only to close the 3.81 yet. Tough gripper.

It would be nice to see both - the 3,81 gripper and Steve Gardener in Germany this year.

I know everyone dislikes the "if he trained" argument, and I don't want to be the one who starts a new one... BUT, I think Martin used to be able to put up numbers in the 2HP that would be very, very tough to match, and a combined total in grippers that would also be almost impossible to beat.

**here it goes...** If he trained hard (heh), he would be tough to beat in an all round comp because he would almost certainly have these two events beat, in my humble opinion. Now, I know thickbar is kindof a disadvantage to him, and I dunno what his one hand lifts or one hand deadlifts are like. But I'm told he's not even training grip, my point is that if he train hard with the goal of winning a competition it'd be tough to stop him.

Hope Steve reconsiders and is able to go as it seems a shame for the reigning British champion not to be at the European championships.

It's all about the bucks and me no have any. I have savings but that's it - I've not taken a salary for about 7 months and have a lodger whose rent pays the main bills. To travel to the Euros, stay at a hotel etc and enjoy a drink with the Germans (and they can drink as well as any Brit) would put a big dent in my savings for a weekend which would last a month being sensible. IF I am able to go it'll be a few weeks before I start training.

Having just rechecked the list of events the only one which would trouble me is the thick bar deadlift (I've done no two handed deadlifts for the longest time) but I feel I could win the rest. Shame.

Edited by mobsterone