European Grip Championships 2006

burkhardmacht

Burki: How slowly do you want me to lower the weight? :) As long as you hold the plats/barbell on the way down it should be ok, just like when lowering the barbell when doing deadlift at a PL contest. But that's just my opinion.

Not fully comparable. In the deadlift you wait for a down signal. We are not really talking about specific pinch rules for the 2006 Europeans as the organisers have agreed on adhering to the standard pinch rules. Rather than asking Burki you should ask David Horne above all. He is one of the co-founders of the standard events and constructed the pinch apparatus. This is not something to agree upon on a national level as we want the same rules to apply for all contests, be it in Europe, North America or Australia.

Just joking about the lowering speed :)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• burkhardmacht

• mobsterone

• Martin_Arildsson

• Mikael Siversson

Burki: How slowly do you want me to lower the weight? :) As long as you hold the plats/barbell on the way down it should be ok, just like when lowering the barbell when doing deadlift at a PL contest. But that's just my opinion.

Not fully comparable. In the deadlift you wait for a down signal. We are not really talking about specific pinch rules for the 2006 Europeans as the organisers have agreed on adhering to the standard pinch rules. Rather than asking Burki you should ask David Horne above all. He is one of the co-founders of the standard events and constructed the pinch apparatus. This is not something to agree upon on a national level as we want the same rules to apply for all contests, be it in Europe, North America or Australia.

Yes - see the relevent recent posts.

I'm gonna think about the Euros as it isn't apparently necessary to do it as well as the Worlds. I'll chat with Mike about the British in the next few days.

Wich contest is a qualifier for the Euros? And what placing should you get, top 3? Or is participating in a previous euro enough to get yourself in the Euro? :)

Burki, could you find this out?

And yes, your effort are well appreciated!

I think a qualifier is the major natinal contest. For Germany it is the German Grip Championships. Due to the lack of such a major contest in Holland I think it is enough for a qualification what You have shown in the Germans as a guest! Perhaps You can support the grip sport in Holland in order to organize Your own natinal contest - that would be cool! :)

For the Germans it'll be the first and second of the final rankings - Florian Kellersmann and Frank Henritzi. That's the minimum.

If there will be more countries participating in the Euros in the future we will have to discuss the total number of contestents again I think. Perhaps 12 are not enough in this case - but that's only an eventuality.

How many competitors from England?

News:

Chad Woodall will come to the Euros to compete as a guest! :rock

That's cool man! Luckily he's a guest :D

I would like to. Don't know if I'll be doing the UK champs yet though and even if I do, qualifying isn't guaranteed.

It's better to give others a chance at the thumbless RT mobby ;)

When will there be a list on those who qualify to this contest?

I think it depends on the results of the next British Championships and the next LGC!

When will there be a list on those who qualify to this contest?

I think it depends on the results of the next British Championships and the next LGC!

Ok :D

The date of the Europeans 2006 is the 26th of August!

I talked to Hermann Korte (organizer of the Euro 2006) about the Europeans today.

The events will be:

1. gripper (parallel set, both hands)

2. 2hand pinch (Euro setup)

3. thumbless onehand deadlift (oly bar, both hands)

4. LGC vbar (both hands)

5. RT thumbless (both hands) (in all probability)

The Europeans will take place in August in Haltern.

Hermann Korte would like to know how many competitors of each nation will compete. So please let me know as early as possible!

He would like to use the grippers used in the last Euros. IMO the 3,8 rated gripper would be nice too.

Deer Burkhard,

I would like to compete in the European Championchip if that is possible. What must I do for this?

I am from Holland and will compete in Munster for the first time.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards. Marcob

I talked to Hermann Korte (organizer of the Euro 2006) about the Europeans today.

The events will be:

1. gripper (parallel set, both hands)

2. 2hand pinch (Euro setup)

3. thumbless onehand deadlift (oly bar, both hands)

4. LGC vbar (both hands)

5. RT thumbless (both hands) (in all probability)

The Europeans will take place in August in Haltern.

Hermann Korte would like to know how many competitors of each nation will compete. So please let me know as early as possible!

He would like to use the grippers used in the last Euros. IMO the 3,8 rated gripper would be nice too.

I think you should finish in a top 3 spot in Munster..

I think it's time to organize a major dutch Grip Contest! What's about You Theo? It would be good to see more dutch competitors in the Euros but without a real qualifier that's not so good. Perhaps You can organize such a contest before the Euros this year - would be cool!

Hmmm.. How does the D.O.G sound???

"Dutch Open Grip Championship".....

Edited by DuTCH

Very good! I'm deadly serious about that! I would really like to see such a contest. You would be the perfect person to organize this - first CoC from Holland - do I have to say more!? :rock

Edited by Burkhard Macht

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dutch,thats sounds good,i hope you can complete a Countest like that.

Yes, that would be nice indeed. But we'll have to wait and see. I want more than one competitor from Holland, and right now i am on different forums checking out who would be interested, and it ain't looking pretty :(

• 1 month later...

The german competitors of the Euros 2006 are:

1. Erik Franz

2. Florian Kellersmann

3. Martin Ressel

4. Gerrit Reubold (still not sure if he can compete)

Would be nice to know who will compete for Sweden and England! :)

1. Erik Franz

2. Florian Kellersmann

3. Martin Ressel

Hi Burki,why do you not started at the Euros?You are strong enough to representive Germany!

1. Erik Franz

2. Florian Kellersmann

3. Martin Ressel

Hi Burki,why do you not started at the Euros?You are strong enough to representive Germany!

That's very kind of You Erik - but I think there're better Germans than me.

What is the rules for RT thumbless? I'd like to see some videos on what kind of lifts that are ok and on those that aren't.