Tom's Training

Tom Scibelli

I'm going to try and resurrect my workout log here. My current routine consist of doing the 5/3/1 program (more specifically 3/5/1) for basically all my main lifts and grip lifts. Now that I've rated all my gripper, I'm actually training grippers in this manner too. I'll update from when I started a couple weeks ago with just the three main grip lifts(gripper, 2hp and axle dl).

1/25/14

DO axle DL: 3x228, 3x260, 10x292.5

1/28/14

Grippers: 3xGHP5, 3xCoC 2.5, 3xGHP6

1/30/14

2HP: 3x98, 3x112, 8x126

2/1/14

DO axle DL: 5x211, 5x243.5, 12x276.5

2/4/14

Grippers: 5xCoC 1.5, 5xGHP5, 6xCoC 2.5

2/6/14

2HP: 5x91, 5x105, 14x119

• Like 2

Good to see you updating the log again Tom.

• Like 2

2/8/2014

This is my final week before deloading, so I'm going to try and push it this week.

DO axle DL: 5x243, 3x276, 4x308, 1x320(PR), after this I attempt 330 a few times but could not get it locked out

Congrats on the Axle PR. Is that a brand new ironmind axle? Looks shiny. I remember you had a black axle in the past.

Congrats on the Axle PR. Is that a brand new ironmind axle? Looks shiny. I remember you had a black axle in the past.

Thanks Chez, yeah I sold my rogue axle to help with the purchase of the IM one because I want to hold a competition down here, hopefully towards the end of April of everything works out right. To tell you the truth, I really can't tell the difference between the two, except for the price of course lol.
  • Like 1

Thanks Chez, yeah I sold my rogue axle to help with the purchase of the IM one because I want to hold a competition down here, hopefully towards the end of April of everything works out right. To tell you the truth, I really can't tell the difference between the two, except for the price of course lol.

yep. I have the rogue one also and I can't tell much difference. I can't afford the IM one. The shipping on the IM one is more than the total costs (price plus shipping) of the rogue one. lucky, both Wojo and Manna have the IM one so we will use theirs for comps.

• Like 1

Is the IM axle bare, or does it have some kind of rust-free surface on it?

I've got a solid steel bare axle, which has a nice tan to it now, and have always wondered how they compare...

Is the IM axle bare, or does it have some kind of rust-free surface on it?

I've got a solid steel bare axle, which has a nice tan to it now, and have always wondered how they compare...

Yeah it's bare steel as does not have anything preventing rust. I've had it for a couple months and no real rust has built up, which it fine with me, if it happens over time I don't really have a problem with it though. It did come with kind of a rough texture on it kind of like it was gone over with some rough sandpaper.
  • Like 1

2/20/14

I've de-loading all this week, but I decided to give the baby inch a try, I it would be cool to be able to clean this one day:

• Like 3

You didn't just lift it. You high pulled it both hands. Great work dude. I'm actually planning to buy one of these soon. I want to get it before I buy a Full Inch. I figure I Should master this one first.

• Like 1

You didn't just lift it. You high pulled it both hands. Great work dude. I'm actually planning to buy one of these soon. I want to get it before I buy a Full Inch. I figure I Should master this one first.

Thanks Chez, I have no doubt you'll kill the baby inch the first time you touch it, but you're right it's a huge asset on the road to lift the inch.

How's the CTD coming dude.. I bet all that axle will help RT max upward

Thanks Jon,honestly I haven't touched a RT handle in a while, but when I start to plateau on the axle, I'm going to start working with a 2.5" axle and see how far I can get with that. Still want the CTD but it's just going to take while to get that strong.

How's the CTD coming dude.. I bet all that axle will help RT max upward

Have you tried a max on the RT lately?
  • Like 1

No man just a lot of rep work and bicep and wrist curls.. My main goal is to lift the inch this year, hopefully 200 is a side effect

Edited by jvance
  • Like 1