Videos Of The 2004 Europeans

FrankyBoy

Quoting myself with ref to Flo - a nice guy - I ain't knocking those that do it. Re M.S. (he he) who says he has won the gripper part many times with the technique - you din't compete and who know, maybe I'd have beaten you using this technique.

In sport, as in life, we look for an advantage within the rules.

I'll presume, with some certianty, that you wrote the LGC rules. I'll leave my comments regarding that unsaid. However, I think I have said before - regarding no-set closes and IM's rule changes - that I will use the rules I am forced to do. I may well bend and fold the bars in the GGC, if I am allowed to touch the spring and deep set grippers I will and if there are other advantages to be taken - I'll take 'em. Others will - so will I.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• mobsterone

• The Mac

• FrankyBoy

Re M.S. (he he) who says he has won the gripper part many times with the technique - you din't compete and who know, maybe I'd have beaten you using this technique.

In sport, as in life, we look for an advantage within the rules.

I'll presume, with some certianty, that you wrote the LGC rules. I'll leave my comments regarding that unsaid. However, I think I have said before - regarding no-set closes and IM's rule changes - that I will use the rules I am forced to do. I may well bend and fold the bars in the GGC, if I am allowed to touch the spring and deep set grippers I will and if there are other advantages to be taken - I'll take 'em. Others will - so will I.

Yes, together with Arne I did write the rules. What is your point? We did not see any obvious advantage gripping the spring with the other hand while setting it and neither of us are using that technique (a fact I am not sure you understood by the way you formulated your reply, as it sounded like you thought I was holding the spring). I am surprised you did not inform yourself about the gripper rules beforehand. As it stands, my best gripper result is 6.60 and yours is 6.23, we can go on with the v-bar if you want to compare. Let your results speak for themselves.

Edited by Mikael Siversson