Bending Quest

Viking

I have begun a quest to improve my bending abilities and here I will record each workout. This will be a long term routine which will hopefully lead me to the RED NAIL. I poseted several months ago that I had bent 60d's, but I havnt been able to bend for a few months so I'm a bit weaker.

My first bending workout in a few months was last night and it went very well! I'll report on it tomorrow because now i need some sleep!

btw I'm 17 years of age as of last april and weigh around 200 at 6'2"

The Quest has begun

First workout back:

7x3/16" x4

7x3/16" (square) x3

6x1/4" grade 2 hex bolt x3

7x1/4" HRS

6x1/4" HRS

6.5x1/4" CRS

5.75x1/4" CRS

The CRS and HRS was cut from a 3 foot rod and the rest was from the Bender's Bags. It felt like a good workout. I ripped off a big chunk of skin off my left palm so I had to cut it a bit short. Tape on it was only helping so much :ohmy It seems like the stock from the Benders Bags are notoriously hard compared to my other stock, has anyone else noticed this?

I felt a bit unfocused going into this workout, but that changed really quickly after I started.

7x3/16" round x2

7x3/16" square x4

6x3/16" square x2

40d x4

6x1/4" HRS

5.5x1/4" CRS x2

The two CRS bends I wasn't sure if they were CRS of HRS but they definately felt more like CRS and the second bend took me several painful minutes to complete. Finished with a bunch of sledge work with the 10 pounder. In a few workouts i'll tackle the 60d, the ones i have are unusually tough.

Good workout.

7x3/16" x2

6x3/16" x1

7x3/16" square x1

40d x2

6x1/4" grade 2 bolt x2

6.25x1/4" CRS

6x1/4" CRS x3

5.25x1/4" CRS :rock

5x1/4" CRS :rock

Those last two bends were tough as hell. I ripped open a dried out blister I thought had healed so I'm going to wait until its better before I bend again.

Damn good job, my Viking brother! Its good that you rest 4-6 days between bending. I see that you already do that. What style do you bend wiht? Do you use leather or what to wrap your nails?

Rape and pillage those nails, Viking!

Thanks Meat Loaf! I'd like to bend more often because its so fun, but I keep tearing open my left palm where I had a blister. This amount of rest does seem to be perfect for me because each workout has been better than the last!

I usually do double-overhand, Terminator, style bending. Sometimes on some of the longer pieces I will start it out double underhand. I have an old dish towel I wrap the nails in.

I havnt been able to bend for a while because my let hand still hasnt healed.

I did some cleans today, its the first time i've gone heavy in a few months! Form felt really good today.

133x3x3 (60 kg)

177x3 (80 kg)

199x2 (90 kg)

those were power cleans which i felt i did real nicely concerning technique, so i decided to go into full cleans

215x2

230x1

240x0

220x1

199x1

missed the 240 but im fine with my attempt, racked it too low and out of position to stand up. I know i could have done it with my strength at the moment, but my form was a but rusty with the heavier weights. My PR is 250 lbs, but that was a few months ago. Just need to practice more.

Then since i cant bend much right now, i decided to do some grippers on my good hand

#2 x2x2x2x1x1 then i closed it as much as i can and held it

that does it!

Bent again tonight and felt good!

7x3/16"

40d

6x1/4" hex bolt

7x1/4" FBBC

6.5x1/4" CRS

6x1/4" CRS x2

5.5x1/4" CRS x3 (one of the bends is over 1/4" off center)

5x1/4" CRS ( tried a second 5" piece and put about a 30 degree kink)

Felt quite good. The first 5" bend was easier than last workouts, which is good.

Next time, or the workout after I'll attempt some of my 60d's. I figure once I can do 60d's I build up volume for a while, then tackle the G5!

Did a little bending today, but i benched today so i was lacking a lot of strength. I did a few pieces of steel, down to 6x1/4" crs. My left palm is still a bit bruised, however i picked up a g5 and decided what the heck. I gave it everything i had and got a small, but noticable kink! WOO KINKED g5! :rock

In a few workouts i think ill be good for the 60d's i have. The suckers are tough.

Did some grippers too #2x3x3x3x3x2 with the right and made a bunch of attempts with the left.

Today i felt like something needed to be bent...so i got out my stuff and went to it!

7x3/16"

6x3/16"

7x1/4" FBBC round

6x1/4" FBBC round x3

6x1/4" CRS x4

60d nail :rock

I finally nailed the 60d, at the end of the workout too! I have these tough suckers and even when i used to be able to do 60d's a while ago, i could hardly kink these! This is GREAT! Next time ill go for volume on 60d's. Lets see how many i can manage.