88.............................(4.29) PR

(26.61)

9)Arthur (sigmfsk)

205...........................(4.10) PR

#2x10..PR..................(3.56)

51.............................(2.82) PR

95..............................(4.63) PR

(15.11)

*Note: All lifts were performed left handed by Arthur.

BEST LIFTS

Monkey Deadlift: Clay Edgin (500)

Grippers: Clay Edgin (#3x13/#3x5)

Plate Pinch: Eric Milfeld (181)

One Hand Clean: Mike Potts/Clay Edgin (205)

With Certified Red Nail Bender and Crush King Clay Edgin competing in the sixth Gripboard Grip Bash, the only real question was "who would get second?" His phenomenal 500 pound thumbless double overhand deadlift lends proof to the assertion that there is in fact a carryover effect from grippers to supporting lifts. Strongman Mike Potts matched the giant Californian on the one handed clean with a very fine lift of 205 pounds. Chad Mitchell used his very balanced gripping abilities to take the third spot, narrowly missing second. With a little work on his pinch he'll be a tough one to beat. Chad was also the only gripster other than Clay to mash his #3 gripper with both hands. Mark Hampton took the fifth spot in his second Grip Bash outing with a #3 close and a PR pull.

I wish to thank all the fine lifters who took part in this unique on-line contest, and hope to see you all again in November!

PS: Top five finishers, please supply me with your mailing addresses so I can get your winning certificates in the mail. Congratulations!

Cool! Thanks Eric.

Smitty, I started the clean with an overhand grip with the bar in front of me. When I racked it, my hand rested on my collarbone/shoulder

Clay, Ditto that.

Smitty, if you are wanting a video I have one of me doing 165 w/a 2" bar but I lose it overhead. Its the only video I have but it shows it pretty well. Lemme know.

Congrats all.

Clay, you are a beast.

Man, I got my ass womped on in the grippers! I gotta start focusing on em more. I was proud just to compete with you guys. Its funny, but feels nearly as good as really going to a contest. I look forward to the next one. We should do online challenges more often just to push each other. For instance, when my wrist heals and I feel alot better, I'm GOING to be best Clay in the 1 arm. Up for it big guy? Also, I must get 415 in the DL now, Eric had challenged me to 410 but Chad is @ 410 so I gotta get more :) Now as far as besting the 500 goes...that might take some time, or an alternate grip :)

You're on. Shall we race to 225 or 275? Video as proof and the winner gets...I don't know...a bagel?

Edited by ClayEdgin

Congrats guys! And a special :bow to BIG CLAY!

Florian :rock

Congrats Clay! 500lb mokey grip DL is amazing! :bow

Thanks for runing the contest again Eric... is great fun to compete... in fact all the fun without the pressure ;)

Smitty - I pulled overhand on the 1-hand clean too... a while ago I used to bent press regularly and cleaned underhand... wish I'd tried it that way for the contest now, I remember it feeling much better.

Nice lifts everybody and congratulations Clay. To me, Clay's 500lb deadlift is the best feat in there, great work.

I did all the events but forgot to send in my results. Oh well.

The one hand clean was fun, but felt quite dangerous on the wrist. I don't think I'll do this again for a few years at least. Not until my wrists are at least twice as strong. I didn't feel my grip being tested at all, it was more seeing how far I was I was willing to push myself before I got injured. I think the lift is just an injury waiting to happen.

The monkey deadlift was awkward but a lot of fun and really tired my forearms, this one was fun. I'd go with the 4 finger deadlift in future.

Jeff

Clay

Now are we talking a true clean or just 1 arm from ground to shoulder anyhow? Not that I'm a punk, just wanting to know the rules and what youre thinking....bagel my ass, you'll owe me a KrispyKreme! But you can have a bagel if you want.

Oh yes, extra thanks to Eric for doing all the work. :rock I had alot of fun and look forward to the next one.

Congrats to Clay and all the other competitors. The 205lb Oly bar clean is amazing. Clay and Mike what are the biggest dbs you can clean?

2 at once I have cleaned and pressed a pair of 130s with a little back lean. 1 at a time I have cleaned and push pressed a 150, biggest I've had a shot at. I don't know that I would be good for a whole lot more though, I'm better with a bar for some reason. 2 at once clean and press is an excellent all around strength builder.

The largest I've cleaned was a 160. No press though

I just read the results guys. Great job by all the competitors! It was nice to be able to compare my results with others. Can't wait to do it again. :D

I rack the bar on a one hand BB clean by putting my free hand straight out in front of me so when I rack the bar it is lands on both shoulders... maybe this isn't a legal one hand clean?

Maybe I missed it, was this acceptable for the lift?

I rack the bar on a one hand BB clean by putting my free hand straight out in front of me so when I rack the bar it is lands on both shoulders... maybe this isn't a legal one hand clean?

Maybe I missed it, was this acceptable for the lift?

The one hand clean was an "anyhow" lift, and provided the bar only landed on the extended shoulder, as opposed to being lifted by the extended arm, this technique would be permissable. A margin of safey was probably gained by this technique, as well.

• 4 weeks later...