Braced 12 Inch Spike Over The Knee

Darco

I agree. Thats why I like the idea of calling out each other, and saying "for the feats you perform"...While, lets just use Pat as an example, Pat could claim "to be the worlds strongest short bar bender" and challenge all comers, until he is beaten then I would agree. If DR claims "strongest for his feats lb for lb" then I agree until an even smaller munchkin :) steps up and beats him. But, it does suck when you see some semipro strongman from Florida or whatever claiming "WSM" because he can pull a train with a rope or whatever. big deal, so could I given the chance (Insert foot in mouth possibly)....Then there will always be the debate of who's the strongest man, the WSM winner, Arnold winner, OL gold medalist, PL "bench" champ, etc....and those are comparing apples to oranges. Unless, say, Marc Henry challenged all comers to a 10 lift dual and, say, Chemerkin, agreed and they did it can you really cross compare. The masses are easily impressed. Thats why I wish in the WSM they would do like 30 strongman competitors and 20 invite slots were they would invite football, PL, OL, armwrestlers, etc and then take all 50 and do 5 quailfiers 10 guys each and find the 10 finalists and then go at it. All the aspects, do stones, squatting, strict curling, bending, etc...that would kick major ass and settle alot of discussion. Some pro wrestler couldn't claim it cause he didn't step up if invited or whatever.

BTW, Dennis Rogers was great and a real gentlemen. Explained alot of his feats and showmanship. One of the things he said was "on TV everything happens fast so you have to do easy things to do them fast or else somebody will change the channel. Besides, they don't know any better. If I was @ AOBS, on the other hand, I would do the hardest possible feat to impress the knowledgeable audience." He was 1/2, 1/4, and nearly 1/8" decks of cards behind his back with 2 fingers, at about 160# (maybe)....No doubt I can out DL him, but I couldn't even get a half. I can link the vid if anybody would like to see it. It was crazy eazy for him.

Mike P,

I would love to see that video, I just picked up a couple of decks and would enjoy seeing someone good at it 1st!!

Mike Destroyer claims to be the strongest spike bender in the world, so to him I suppose this would mean braced, so yes it is a call out, kind of exiting to hear exterior challenges from time to time.

Mike I would like to see the link please, I always like seeing what Dennis can do.

destroyer claims to be the strongest spike bender...yea right...the dude looks like he has a constipation problem....i know a 60D is nothing to most of you guys on here, but it is no where near world class if i can bend them.as for spike bending, doesnt slim farman do some of this? btw, i think the winner of the Arnolds strongest man could be considered a could candidate for strongest in the world, since the focus on pure strength, not endurance. also not having to wrestle a fat guy in a diaper helps add to the credibility :tongue does anyone know when dennis might be on TV again? i would like to watch him, since i cant make it to AOBS.

It is kind of hard to know and Dennis is working on getting his agent up to speed and access to his site so he can update the upcoming events section faster. Right now it goes through the agent to a web guy and by the time its updated its almost there or past already.

I didn't know Dennis Rogers was legit. All I saw was a guy that claimed he was "Pound for pound, the world's strongest man," and this, he certainly did not demonstrate on the show. He braced a small wrench with his legs, and did a couple standard showman illusions of strength. Nothing I haven't seen a dozen times by frauds, and certainly nothing to support the claim he made on the show.

Anyway, no disrespect meant Toward Dennis. From what you guys said he's obviously cool, but he came across badly on that show. Now I know better. He was there to wow the audience, and that's cool.

Tom, I know the thread isn't about DR, but I had to clarify. ;)

Edited by Thaibox

Here is Dennis tearing some of Clay's cards @ AOBS. He did multiple decks and said that these felt to soft and that he preferred a crisper card, while being harder to tear it held up better for the 1/8 tear. We also duct taped his hands to were he could only use his index and thumb and he tore them 1/2 then 1/4 behind the back this way. He can bend a 9/16" craftsman brand open end wrench and can bend a crescent brand 10" adjustable wrench. He can tear lengthways phonebooks only using his thumb and index and can tear a chunk out of a houston phonebook or a notch out of a deck of cards. He can 1 arm curl his bodyweight. He is the real deal and a great guy. As far as Destroyer being the best spike bender in the world, who knows, he maybe. I would still put a dollar on Slim, even @ 70.

Right click and save as for best results, the video didn't showup for me if I just clicked....

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/Mi...%20a%20deck.wmv

http://www.castledarkmoor.com/strongman/Mi...hind%20back.wmv