Braced 12 Inch Spike Over The Knee

Darco

http://www.geocities.com/davedaneault2000/...eristhebest.htm

How hard would it be to bend one of these over the knee ?

The Double frying pan and the pan tearing looks just plain nuts.

personally, i think the double pan was mouch more impressive than the spike....JB bent one of those unbraced. i also want to know how you go about ripping a frying pan.....that is now one of my goals.

I think that's the same steel Rick Walker was bending when he tore his pec. He put a hell of a kink in his and if his pec hadn't given out I'm sure he would've melted it.

I have one of these on my wall for motivation. Even a braced bend of this big bastard would be pretty cool. I didn't know JB did one unbraced, that's just sick :blink

That spike actually looks smaller then the one I tore my pec on?

And, I did not use anything on my leg to start it either. I wrapped the ends in wash cloths.

The second spike looks like a measly little 60d?? And, it looks like he is bracing it?

I will say one thing-I have not seen one feat out of this guy that Big Steve could not duplicate with ease.

And, what the f*ck is up with the faces??? come on now, is he really that angry? He needs to go to anger management or something...

Rick Walker :rock

I'm running 56k so I typed my reply before I saw the pics. I was going to say exactly what Rick said. The spike I was refering to is larger and the second "spike" is just a 60 :rolleyes . I was also laughing at the expressions the whole time. GRRRR!

I have to take back my positive comments. Nothing was cool except for the frying pan rip

Link doesn't work for me but I have bent, at least to 90º a 12" spike. It was hard, but I'll get it. I don't think it is possible to tear a frying pan. I would have to see it. Does JB do any unbraced bending? He didn't @ AOBS.

i remember someone brought up JB bending a 100D spike unbraced in an old post entitled the most impressive bending feat.....rick, not to doubt him, cause im sure he could, but i would like to see a double frying pan roll up.

not for nothing...but this "destroyer" guy doesn't impress me. according to other threads he's "folding" that 12", and he is braced with that 60d. Some of you guys warm up with those.

also, there are pics of him crushing it with one hand....but the bent bar is the same in the final pic as it is in the one hand crush pic...he didn't move it with one hand.

I know somebody who has bent one of these 12" spikes with 180 pounds hanging off his head using a headstrap. It was witnessed by quite a few people as well, including me.

I have not seen any 12'' spikes only 10'' which are 3/8'' thick. As I pointed out elsewhere, Mr Destroyer is shown wearing heavy gloves.

Steve,

Did this mystery guy of yours do it in his normal style or braced across the leg? I'm just wondering cause I saw mystery guy bend horseshoes @ AOBS and adopting his style helped.

Oldguy,

I can get the 12" ones @ lowes locally. They have both 10 and 12 but I don't think the 10 is doable at this time, for me that is.

Edited by MikeP

After researching this guy and looking at some clips I think he is a "stage performer" or an "act"...... a fairly good strongman act with a good presentation and some showmanship.

I've seen Big Steves video :bow and Steve could do anything this guy does with his typical casualness and ease....and of Course big Steve can do plenty more than this man can.

He is NOT a strongman competitor nor is he a Grip strength competitor.IMHO,He'd get destroyed in an amateur strongman competition or in anyt american or european grip competition.I don't think he'd fair to well in a powerlifting meet or O-lifting either. ;) I could be wrong on all of the above just what the evidence has lead me to conclude. :unsure And there is no record of competitions that would lead me to believe otherwise.Anybody ever research John Wooten John Wooten THE worlds strongest manThere are about 15 other guys claiming to be the worlds strongest man and I suspect now that grip is being popularized there will be many strongest hands in the world claims.

Thus,IMHO,the Destroyer is a stage performer.A good one. A great 'gig'...so to speak.

Who am I too judge?as-at this moment-I have not competed?

I am a strength trainee,who trains around some VERY strong individuals(who in some cases HAVE competed) and a fan of strength sports and as Mr. Destroyer has put himself in the limelight? and seeks publicity he has opened himself up to public scrutiny.

I will add that Mr. Destroyer is not the only famous grip master/performer that is more showman than actual strength athlete( no one on this forum BTW)....but that is another entire can 'o worms.

I guess?....It's a living.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

A couple weeks ago, my buddy and I were watching "Steve Harvey's Big Time" on TV. Some guy was on claiming to be "pound for pound, the world's strongest man."

He made a big deal about how he was going to bend a wrench. He wrapped it up, folded it over his leg, then crushed it down between his legs :rolleyes Of course everyone in the audience was oo'ing and ahhing, while my buddy and I were laughing at the guy. Then he inevitably proceeded to have Steve hit a large slab of brick on his stomach with a sledge. I guess no one understands force of impact distribution, so there was plenty of wowing over that too.

Being a student of the martial arts, it really bothers me even more to see martial arts demonstrations filled with illusive crap like this.

I see on his website that Dennis Rogers has been on that show. I like the honesty on his website. It lists him as pound for pound the worlds strongest man for the feats he performs. From everything I've heard and read about him it's nothing but the truth.

Edited by SqeezeMasterFlash

A couple weeks ago, my buddy and I were watching "Steve Harvey's Big Time" on TV. Some guy was on claiming to be "pound for pound, the world's strongest man."

He made a big deal about how he was going to bend a wrench. He wrapped it up, folded it over his leg, then crushed it down between his legs :rolleyes Of course everyone in the audience was oo'ing and ahhing, while my buddy and I were laughing at the guy. Then he inevitably proceeded to have Steve hit a large slab of brick on his stomach with a sledge. I guess no one understands force of impact distribution, so there was plenty of wowing over that too.

Being a student of the martial arts, it really bothers me even more to see martial arts demonstrations filled with illusive crap like this.

That is Dennis Rogers you are talking about. If you have ever seen him do his stuff up close and tried it yourself, you and your buddy would most likely not be laughing at him. Just ask some of the guys who saw him do lots of impromptu card tearing at the AOBS dinner out in the lobby. The stuff he did on that show was not hard for him, but it is visually pleasing the television audience. Dennis is also a very modest man, and the only thing that he claims is that he is pound for pound the world's strongest man for the feats he performs (card tearing, phone book tearing, and a few other things). He has never claimed to have the world's strongest hands, or to be the world's strongest man.

Steve,

Did this mystery guy of yours do it in his normal style or braced across the leg? I'm just wondering cause I saw mystery guy bend horseshoes @ AOBS and adopting his style helped.

Oldguy,

I can get the 12" ones @ lowes locally. They have both 10 and 12 but I don't think the 10 is doable at this time, for me that is.

Mike,

The bend was done across the leg, but it may not have been done by who you are guessing did it.

Steve

I see on his website that Dennis Rogers has been on that show. I like the honesty on his website. It lists him as pound for pound the worlds strongest man for the feats he performs. From everything I've heard and read about him it's nothing but the truth.

This has NOTHING to do with Dennis Rogers.Let me clarfy that.

But it is confusing to the public when various athletes make claims of being the strongest man in the world or having the strongest hands in the world.

Even winning the WSM title is a bit of a misnomer...although,at least, in the WSM contest there are definitely some of the worlds strongest men(functional strength,grip,power,speed).....that being the case? these WSM competitors(winners) ARE actually,at least, competeing and not just NOT laying claim- to the title- on their own..............

most of us on this forum could go on a TV show or in front of Joe Public and do things that are amazing(or appear to be amazing)Sometimes when I'm training guys will say "damn thats heavy dude"and I say "not really"and just get a funny look from people.The public is easily "impressed" :cry

The Strongest man in the world????I think not.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2