Excalibur Dumbell

pexter

This thing looks cool.

How does this thing fit together?  Bolts?  If so, how easy is it to "strip" either the handle or plates?

How are the caps put on?

How accurate are the plates?

What's it made out of?

I have 2 sets of end caps 12 pounders and 24 pounders.Each cap and weight fit inside each other.End cap and plate pic#1

Pic#2 and are fitted together with speacial type of reinforced hex key bolts at different lengths for individual plates.Hex Key Bolt PIC.

The plates are very accurate.Made out of solid Cold rolled steel

Be kinda cool to do a minature version of that for a sledge head. Machine a nice knurled 1.5 or 2" handle for it. Now that would be cool.

Be kinda cool to do a minature version of that for a sledge head.  Machine a nice knurled 1.5 or 2" handle for it.  Now that would be cool.

I've seen their sledge proto type.

As i heard By tomorrow/tuesday?a very good sledge leverer will take it up way past 20lbs...as the final/final test. :blush

it IS a real sledge.wooden handle and all.

they decided-after talking with some sledge leverers and some testing-that making a steel handle or some other facsimile wasnt the way to go on such a tradional 'lift'.

This sledge IS,however set up to be microloadable.

it will come with 1 oz.,2oz,4 oz,8oz.,16oz.,32oz. custom cut micro plates.With a 5lb plate optional.

The proto type plates have 30mm,I.d.,they may reduce this to 1.007" as the 30mm don't fit as tightly as they'd like it.They may be selling the protype on their USED equipment page soon!

You could conceivably go up 1 oz per work out.IF you were able to do this-52 weeks in the year. :cool ...if you can go up more than 1 oz. a week for a year.WOW! :rock

I think?The smaller plates of this INFINITE SLEDGE are accurate to within a gram or a gram and a half or so?.I did see that They use an Acculab V-200 ,200gram scale(that has a 7.005 oz.MAXIMUM capacity :online ) to weigh the small plates after they come off the C&C saw.The larger plates were weighed on a AND,11lb.maximum scale.

A C&C saw makes creating micro plates very fast and simple.

They are trying to make all new/unique products and avoiding the copycat syndrome that seems to prevail in the strength industry.Obviously there will be some overlapping but they don't want to take the easy way out.

The Excalibur dumbell is unlike anything on the market and I personally think the

INFINITE SLEDGE is unique also.

THey have another product being patented...a genuine,enforecable patent is NOT an EZ or inexpesive thing to do.(8,000 to$10,000 to obtain BOTH a design and a use patent is the number I've heard thrown around)it will be a year before it is ready but as Cool(and uniques)as the Excalibur is? :whistel (i've seen the prototype).

Edited by Tom of Iowa2