Excalibur Dumbell

pexter

Just got my Excalibur dumbell from InifiniteStrength.A truly amazing piece of craftsmanship.Very innovative tool.It has about 60 or more different dumbells in one piece,saves alot in the pocket$$$

InfiniteStrength is a very friendly oriented company to deal with.I'd advise anybody here on the gripboard if they have anything in the Idea in grip that is a unique product that they want made they cane make it,and very affordable too.They said they want to make very different and unique products and not make anything that is like any other company.

Here are some pics!!!

Excalibur 250 pounds with 2.38"dia. knurled handle

Excalibur pic #2

end cap removed off of excalibur

putting end cap on for 230 pound Millenium type dumbell

230 pound Millenium

putting handle on for 175 pound Inch type dumbell

175 pound Inch

Handles

I can make lighter dumbells as well like a 150 pound Inch

Edited by pexter

If you dont mind me asking John, how much did that thing set you back?

Rick Walker :rock

Sorry Rick Iam not at Liberty to say 'cause they are changing the price on them.You would have to get a price quote on it to see what exactly what you are looking for.Put it this way it is a fraction of the cost of what you would pay for the combined price of an Inch & a Millenium Dumbell together,plus there is Infinite type of weight ajustments involved.

Edited by pexter

That is one sweet piece of equipment!

Sorry Rick Iam not at Liberty to say 'cause they are changing the price on them.You would have to get a price quote on it to see what exactly what you are looking for.Put it this way it is a fraction of the cost of what you would pay for the combined price of an Inch & a Millenium Dumbell together,plus there is Infinite type of weight ajustments involved.

pexter - can you give us a ballpark - like $500-$1000, under $500, etc?

Infinite Strength will be a sponsor of the deadlift event at the 2005 Snowman. The guys are great & super to deal with. I'll have a link on the FBBC site soon. Plan to get some stuff from them as soon as I can afford to after the new house is done.

THAT is Cool!

Did they ship it freight or UPS?

Good luck with it,

T!

They shipped it Fed-ex freight.I got a huge discount,because it was sent to a friends buisness address.

Infinite Strength will be a sponsor of the deadlift event at the 2005 Snowman. The guys are great & super to deal with. I'll have a link on the FBBC site soon. Plan to get some stuff from them as soon as I can afford to after the new house is done.

Yeah John,Paul was telling me about the bar they are making for the truck tire dealift,for the contest.The entire bar was being lathe turned down to a very specific incremented measurement.

HI JOHN CAN YOU GIVE ME A S-MAIL ADDRESS OR BETTER A WEB SITE. SEE YOU FOR THE STONE IN TWO WEEKS, IF YOU NEED THE CASH NOW JUST LET ME KNOW

Pexter what is the diameter of the cylinders?

The weights are 8.25" diameter.The handles are 1.25"knurled,2"smooth,2.38"knurled,and 2.47 smooth.All 6" long.Iam gunna have a few more handles made up like a 2" knurled and a 3" knurled.I might get some different thickness plates made up as well,like four 10 pounder plates.Paul Armstrong at Infinite Strength Systems told me they took the Excalibur dumbell with speacial plates added on it,all the way up to 412 pounds!!!

HI JOHN CAN YOU GIVE ME A S-MAIL ADDRESS OR BETTER A WEB SITE. SEE YOU FOR THE STONE IN TWO WEEKS, IF YOU NEED THE CASH NOW JUST LET ME KNOW

It's not on their site but it's www.infinitestrength.com

It's not on their site but it's www.infinitestrength.com

No it is not on there site yet.It is the first one made so far like this.You have to get a quote from them.Tell them what specifically you want made.It takes them about 2-4 weeks to make it after they get the OK from you to go ahead.Ask for Paul Armstrong.They can make you just about any kind of bar or dumbell you want,

and at very reasonable prices.At the quality of there products very reasonable indeed!!! You'll find they are very easy to deal with,and they aim to please there customers.Iam very,very happy :D with there services,and will be dealing with them in the future.Infinite Strength

Paul said they are working on making a whole line of unique grip products too.One is a micro-loadable sledge,another is a knurled handled gripper with a adjustable tension spring.Just to name a few.

Edited by pexter

This thing looks cool.

How does this thing fit together? Bolts? If so, how easy is it to "strip" either the handle or plates?

How are the caps put on?

How accurate are the plates?

What's it made out of?

Looking at the pics, it is all simple bolts using a hex wrench. Something like that could be adjusted in a minute or two at the most.

This thing looks cool.

How does this thing fit together?  Bolts?  If so, how easy is it to "strip" either the handle or plates?

How are the caps put on?

How accurate are the plates?

What's it made out of?

I have 2 sets of end caps 12 pounders and 24 pounders.Each cap and weight fit inside each other.End cap and plate pic#1

Pic#2 and are fitted together with speacial type of reinforced hex key bolts at different lengths for individual plates.Hex Key Bolt PIC.

The plates are very accurate.Made out of solid Cold rolled steel

Edited by pexter