Rt Routines

Zevich

I am interested in what different routines you guys use with the RT. Right now I train it twice a week one using a pyramid of 5-4-3-2-2 and on the second day 5x5’s. I do remember one training thread with someone using the German 10x10 routine but I am not interested in that much volume.

Anything else?

Work up to a max single, then drop some weight and do a set of max reps to failure. I also like to do heavy doubles.

Same here. I find sometimes I tend to focus more on the right hand, which is stupid, cuz my left is quite a bit weaker than my right in this lift. I usually do singles with both hands to warm. Once I start getting to a good weight w/my left I continue with singles on the left until failure. Then I'll drop some weight and do a max set til failure. After that, I continue w/the right until failure, then a max set of reps w/reduced weight. A lot of my RT lifting depends on how my hands feel as the RT w/ max weights tends to really stress the tendons in my forearms/elbows.

Thanks guys. I’ll try working up to max singles. Would you suggest this for once a week with another routine on the second day. Or train the RT just once week with the max singles?

When I train heavy thick bar I usually do it once a week. My body tends to make the best gains if I switch up the exercises every few weeks, so I dont train on the RT all the time. I am going to for the next few weeks though. This week I hit Clay's RT. Next week I may switch to a 3" roller and so on. If I constantly lift on the RT all the time my hands go stale. Pick out a variety of thick bar stuff (rack holds, RT's/thick bars of different diameter, farmers, etc) and switch them around.