Gripboard Grip Bash Vl: Official Rules

EricMilfeld

We are adding L & R scores together for the grippers, right?

Yes.

And I'm very glad you brought that up, as it made me realise that my example of how to PM the results showed only results of one hand for the grippers. I fixed it.

We do gripper in each hand, but the one-hand-clean is just with a single hand, correct?

My right arm is currently out-of-action, so I get a 0 for the deadlift and right-handed gripper, and my plate pinch is going to bite.

But I'm going to make it all up with the single-hand-clean! Lefty is on a roll!

We do gripper in each hand, but the one-hand-clean is just with a single hand, correct?

Yes.

If you don't mind me asking, how'd you hurt your hand?

I hope all you guys knock yourselves out with a bunch of Personal Bests in The Gripboard Grip Bash VI! We started last night at midnight, and you'll notice that we've been given an extra day this time around.

I'm still in, but I have to be careful. I ended up hurting something in my right shoulder during the scottish games Saturday and doing any kind of pressing or high pulling really hurts. If you see a dismal performance from me in the one handed clean, it's because I'm doing it with my left! :laugh Should be good for a chuckle. Pulling weights off the ground doesn't hurt at all, but pressing sure does. This also means crushing any nail down is a no-no for a little while.

What's funny is that although I withdrew from the games on Saturday without doing 3 events, I still didn't come in last!

Edited by ClayEdgin

I think I just talked my dad into it too. This should be fun!

Hi Eric, hurt hand here.

I'm 35, and until recently never really had an injury. I started working out in January for the Arnold Classic Pump-n-run, and got my bench press from 135 to 225 in a few months. Then I started grip training just as heavily, and hurt my right tendon at the elbow attachment (backhand tennis elbow; lateral epicondylitis) doing reverse curls. I didn't know what injury pain felt like and thought it strange, but kept working, then really tore it up at an impromptu rolling thunder competition. I couldn't even grip my car keys without pain.

So now I'm through denial and know to go slow and know the difference between good pain (sore & tired) and bad pain (ouchie hurt). Always let an injury fully heal, or at least don't make it worse. Good thing I have my backup left hand to practice with!

thanks for the great competition; I'll be sending in my one-armed results!

Sigmfsk, sorry to hear about your injury. I've been getting some weird little aches and pains lately myself, but nothing as serious as your injury apparently is. But even so, I'm sure you'll recover quickly. I'm looking forward to receiving your one handed results!

Eric,

in your sample for the gripper awarding you wrote 3 reps with #2 ... but you've calculated with 2 reps.

Just FYI.

:laugh

Forget it, my math skills suck today. :blush

Edited by FrankyBoy

I don't know that it is freakish or anything, but you can go check my workout log for a full report of the workout. Hit 405 in the DL and 175 or 205 1 arm clean, depending on the rule interpretation. The 175 was a pure clean but the 205 was a 1 arm pull in.

I tried the monkey grip deadlift and one hand clean today. I figured that a few guys were going to be doing 205 due to the easy loading on the bar, so I tried to be clever and clean 210. I could get it to above my pec line but couldn't flip it over to rack it, but I did get 205. My shoulder felt really good and my wrists were solid on the rack.

The monkey grip deadlift went better than expected. I used every plate at my dad's place and doubt I could have done a single pound more.

Every plate in the whole place, so about 250 right? Heh. What was the weight, you didn't include that little piece of info....

Nice work on the 205. I only got a true clean of 175, had 185 racked 3 times but couldn't hold it. I went from 175 to 205 and nearly racked it once and high pulled it 2nd time. Should have went to 190 or something instead but oh well. On my 3rd try with 185 I caught it way out front and snapped my wrist back hard. Its feeling much better now though with the time off. I was creditted with 205 but that was a pull in to the shoulder, not quite as impressive. I would try to up my numbers but I think I did what I could and need to get back to focusing on my next meet. Not going to win anyway since I can't even touch the gripper numbers out there.

I did the pinch and the grippers. Was disappointed in the pinch, only got 132.5lbs. My grippers were pretty good though, got #2 for 3 (so near 4) right and a single (nearly 2) on the left. 3 reps is a PR for me. I got 10 total closes right that workout, thats a big PR for me. Oh, and I tried the DO style and bent 2 hard 60ds with no warmup using nylon. That may work for me....

Heh, I didn't realize I left out the weight. Suppose I ought to pay attention to what I'm typing huh. I pulled 500.