Back At It

Sonny

Hey guys, I posted here a while ago, but sustained an injury to my wrists and right hand so I was forced to give up on the grippers for a bit. After I had healed up, the new rules for certification came out and it kind of took the wind out of my sails. I decided to focus on clubbell trainining for a bit and then got back into powerlifting.

Before my layoff I could barely close the #2, I was using KTA and the progress was slow, but to me any progress is good progress. The other day after not touching the grippers for a few months, I mashed the #2. Instantly I was bitten by the bug again and have decided to give it another go! I have a bad habit of leaving things unfinished so this time I want to complete what I set out to do.

As of now, I'm using less volume but am still progressing quite well. I find that using less volume decreases the amount of pain I get in my hands which is good because I'm lifting all day at work.

My last Session Looked Like this:

Left hand

3x10 reps with the #1 COC

Right Hand

1x10 reps with the #1 COC (warm-up)

3x1 reps with the #2 COC

I finished off with some 45 lb. clubbell swings!

Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up this time!

Jun. 30th 2004

After Some Presses and Rows

Left Hand

5x5 Reps with the #1 COC

Right Hand

1x5 reps with the #1 COC (Warm-Up)

5 Singles with the #2 COC

*I dominated the #2 on my 3rd single, it felt really good today!

As for now, I'm gonna stick with using the #1 for my left hand. I know most people here don't like reps per se but I respond well to them and I want to get to the point where the #1 is easy with my left hand before moving on to the #2!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. I too sustained injuries from over-zealous grip training and took some time off (some laziness in there too). I assume your goal is to get the #3?