• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikael Siversson

• David Horne

• mobsterone

• the swiss

That will be a VERY good contest!

well done guys and be strong in the final :)

Amaury's surname is Macaire.

Benny need to train hard for the comp in order to beat David, IMO. it will be close.

I think David will win. He may not be as strong as Benny but he is taking full advantage of the equippment. In order to maximize your chances you need to train with equippment identical to the competition equippment. This is what David is doing but not Benny I believe. This may cost Benny the victory. The equippment is available for sale so it is up to the competitors to decide if they want the obvious advantage of training with the right equippment. I would personally get all the replicas and try to optimise every possible aspect of each event. This has enabled me to compete successfully against stronger and usually much heavier competitors. My only natural grip strength is in the vertical bar (both one inch and thicker).

:D Come to papa then cos I have all the equipment too. I think and I know he will have practised since then that Dean Bolt was only 2 points behind me cos he relied on his natural strength. I am hoping that adjustable pinch grip will be here tomorrow - it had better be!!

As far as I know, five LGC v-bar replicas have been shipped. I have two, David Horne has one, the Swiss has one and another Swede has the fifth. Based on this I would say that you do not have a LGC v-bar replica. You may have something similar but not the real thing. However, Arne just got 10 new v-bars made so be quick if you want one.

I doubt, no offense, that there will be much between an official v bar and what I have. In fact mine was smoother and harder to use than the IG one. My pinch set up on the other hand was a differing matter. I was regularly getting 200+ lbs in training and only managed 180 lbs (approx) in the comp. I, of course, won a one hand lift handle, so that's covered. I have a fair few c/bars (I may need some between 245 and 260) and grippers - I could do with a middling couple (perhaps a RB 260 ip). But the v bar??

If you disagree please say why and I will consider a purchase (perhaps an image).

• 4 weeks later...

Too late for Jim now as we have replaced him with another German.

I'm just back from a weeks holiday in Corfu, and Albania! I am nicely refreshed and ready for training tomorrow.

I am looking forward to meeting all the competitors, new and old.

I also wish you all the luck for the rest of your training,

David

I hope that every competitors are in good condition and don't have any injuries. Good Luck every one! :D

Whilst there I got a vest with the Albanian flag on, it is an eagle with two heads. Very similar in design to the flag of Syldavia, a eastern european country in the Tintin stories. Tintin is my favourite reading. So we had a day in Syldavia!! :tongue

Anyway, only 16 days to go. I see a few of the competitors on the board right now--how's it going?

David

Pinch is up, V bar is up, 1 hand lifts are on target, grippers ok and c/bars coming back nicely.

I was doing a nail yesterday and thought I had become mega strong as it went to parallel and beyond. Low I realised it had a crack in it and worked that baby until it snapped - impressed my daughter!!

I have been, as I said I would, alternating one hand lifts with partial deadlifts and as the git who owns my gym isn't about I've been working up to 11 wheels a side, then dropping the bar down one hole and working back up the weight again. On Tuesday I did 10 x 20k a side a 10 k plate a side and tore a little skin on my left hand. Nothing major.

It would be great, if someone brings the Blob, the Inch, original York 45s or other Classic Grip stuff to the contest. Nobody in Germany has such things and it would be interesting for us (and of course for the others who don't own the equipment), to try these things.

Who will come to sweden to watch to contest?

Frankyboy and Burkhard Macht from Germany will be there, also Hermann Korte, who introduced Grip-Stuff in Germany as a dealer.

It will be the BIGGEST European Grip-Meeting ever :rock

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

It will be 8 hours of pure madness. My top pick for the events are (excluding the German brigade, which is a big unknown for me):

Grippers

1. Benny Wennberg

2. Mobster (he willbenefit from the 5 attempts allowed and improve his lefty considerably).

3. Jonas Svaren

Two hand pinch (adjustable width)

1. Dean Bolt (should improve on his last performance)

2. David Horne (always a top pincher)

3. Benny Wennberg (will suffer from lack of practise on an adjustable set up; which can be purchased from David Horne).

V-bar

1. Benny Wennberg (will break the 300 barrier this time for the total)

2. David Horne (should be an easy second place provided he can take full advantage of the five attempts allowed; something he failed to do at LGC VII)

3. Johan Albrektsson

Kalle Lane and Mobster may be able to challenge Johan for the third place but Kalle's performance has been very uneven in the v-bar. Mobster claims gains in the v-bar but have we not heard that before (e.g. the pinch)

One hand lift

1. David Horne (extraordinarily strong in these types of lifts. Very powerful traps).

2. Benny Wennberg (may be able to challenge David).

3. Dean Bolt (another strong strongman)

Bending

1. David Horne

2. Johan Albrektsson

3. David "the Swizz"

The most difficult event to predict, as some will tire more than others from the previous four events. Benny has probably not done an awful lot of bending but may be surprisingly god anyway.

Finally,what will the German's come up with? Time will tell.

Thank you Mikael.

Absolutely fascinating. Of course it all boils down to what you have on the day, and this is the joy of competition in trying to get it all right on the day, and then, making the right decisions.

Honest, I can't wait, and Arne has done a fantastic job and it will be a fitting finish to my career.

Nick's in England right now and will be at mine in a few hours for a training session, and Dean is up at mine on Sunday for a training session also. I have now got to cram in as much training as possible in the next 2 weeks.

Anyway, Good luck to all, and we're really looking forward to seeing you all.

David

I REALLY CANT' WAIT TO GET OVER THERE AND HAVE SOME FUN,I REALLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT PLACING IN ANY OF THE EVENTS. I'M JUSTING LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THERE WITH ALL THE OTHER GUYS AND HAVING A GOOD TIME.

IOT WOULD BE GOOD TO GET A PLACE,BUT I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH. A COUPLE OF PB WOULD BE THE BEST I COULD HOPE FOR.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND CAN'T YOU SOON.

I'm very interested about the capacity of the Germans?

Hey guys,

bad news. :(

Just talked to Thomas Becker on the phone.

He is severely injured in both forearms. He is getting cortisone syringes now.

His doctor prohibited to do any training (or contests) for at least four weeks.

Thomas is really really sad to be not able to participate.

Thomas lately trained massively for the contest. He told me that he built a SW

and used it for about 60 negatives daily.

Beside this he did farmer walks with about 266lbs each hand with a thick bar

implement at a body weight of 187lbs.

I guess that was just too much.

Sorry guys.