Brooks Kubik- 3" Barbell Curls?

MeatPlow

In Dino Training Brooks says he has curled 175x1 on a 3" barbell. The size of that feat really grabbed me since having to do all my work with a 2" bar that Heath gave me. I already knew that I was extremly weak with thick bar stuff, but man this has been an eye opener for me.

Has anyone here managed anything close to what Brooks claims with a 3" barbell? Thats just super impressive to me, maybe I am behind times on this and all you grip monsters play with the above weights...

With some body english, I managed 145x1 on my 3" bar. Strict, I was lucky to get 110

2" - I've done some pretty solid weight but nowhere near 175lbs!!! - let alone on a 3" pipe. Brooks is a solid dude and good levers!

That makes it even more impressive. If you have seen his tapes in some shots during the films you can see that he has some thick hands and forearms to back them up. I really noticed it when he is doing the bottom position bench press with 455 I think? I'd like to have seen some footage of a 3" barbell curl with 175lbs.

I've got a solid 3" bar that weighs 85lbs empty. When I do curls, which is not very often, I get about 8-10 strict reps with that... haven't tried added weight or cheating. Curls is also an exercise that always seemed to lag compared to my other lifts.

What ever happen to Brooks Kubik anyway? The newsletter was discontinued, he doesn't update his site and he doesn't post on the Old School board anymore (as he used to in the past).

Anyone know what happened to him?

Last I heard, which was earlier this year, he was still working on a follow up book to Dino Training and was really focusing on his career.

just wondering....what is a standard oylmpic bar you see in gyms? i can curl 650 on that, but swing just alittle...jk.

but what is the standard size?

just wondering....what is a standard oylmpic bar you see in gyms? i can curl 650 on that, but swing just alittle...jk.

but what is the standard size?

7' long, 45-55lbs and about 28-32mm thick...why do you ask?

Last I heard, which was earlier this year, he was still working on a follow up book to Dino Training and was really focusing on his career.

Yeah, on top of being strong as a mutha, he's an attorney at a prestigious firm.