Newbie Intro & Routine

Wozzer

Hi all,

New to the board here, I'm getting into BB and strength training and wanted to work on grip as part of that. I worked out for almost a year but it was all on and off, and I didn't stick to things like I oughta and didn't see much (anything?) in the way of gains. I'm 6" and 180lbs but I'm not strong (yet). I'm going to get back into it and really hit the iron hard and not let up ever. From my grip training I want to improve support grip for deads and other lifts, finger/hand/pinch strength for martial arts, crush for pistol shooting and while I'm at it I really need to make those forearms bigger. With that in mind I was thinking about doing the following:

-3 sets plate pinching

-3 sets hanging from a pullup bar as long as possible

-3 sets crush grippers

-3 sets wrist curls

-2 sets reverse wrist curls

Am I on the right track here or does this routine need to be reworked? Because I have a 4 day split:

Mon - legs

Tues - chest/tri

Weds - rest

Thurs - back/bi's

Fri - shoulders/calves

Sat/sun - rest

I was planning on doing grip work once a week on Fri or on Sat. Will that get me good gains? Thanks in advance for your advice.

yeah, if you want a good grip spend the few bucks and get the KTA, as far as the rest of you routine., it may work for you, but I've had the best results from HIT style training, 2-3 days/week whole body each day, brief and intense workouts...